back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2
 need to start a band for islamic song/nasheed, i play guitar « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hafiz_suib
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Its not haram Reply with quote

There are 2 point of views regarding musical instruments.Both views have their stringent points.Its like usage of ALCOHOL.Haram AND some say not.Depends on you which one u wanna to follow.

Myself : not HARAM.

Please do some research in the internet and you'll know what im saying.Dont simply conclude it.OK!
eniQma
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Korek

ok come on guys..mod dah bersuara tu...batter stop, kang kena lock kesian kat kawan kita yg nak cari band member nih...k

CHILL!

If METALLICA Kill em' ALL
Facebook kill I-bands.net... true story
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jiro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Its not haram Reply with quote

hafiz_suib wrote:
There are 2 point of views regarding musical instruments.Both views have their stringent points.Its like usage of ALCOHOL.Haram AND some say not.Depends on you which one u wanna to follow.

Myself : not HARAM.

Please do some research in the internet and you'll know what im saying.Dont simply conclude it.OK!

Im also agree with you and no argument, but im not sure our understanding is in the same page..hope you can come to claim your statement with more evidence, statement, narration, to make it more clear, to just come and plain claim is not a good way as it might make other people confuse, and might bring negative upon your statement..

It is not my place to make judgements about other peoples knowledge of the Qur'an and Sunnah

for all what i know and being not the one to be the best to know (may Allah forgive me), there is no clear statement in Quran that Alcohol is haram, but there is couple of verse that say it need to be avoided from drank it and be intoxicated, and so do not approach praying while u are intoxicated by alcohol.

However, having said all of the above, it must be noted that alcohol is to treated with `caution` as it may lead to sin and is one of the preferred tools used by the devil to entice humankind.

Quote:
"O you who believe, do not approach the Salat while you are intoxicated, until you know what you are saying. Nor if you have had intercourse, unless travelling, until you bathe. And if you are ill, or traveling, or one of you has excreted feces, or you had sexual contact with the women, and could not find water, then you shall select from the clean soil; you shall wipe your faces and hands. God is Pardoning, Forgiving." (4:43)

"O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and altars, and arrows of chance are tools of affliction used by the devil. You shall avoid him so that you may be successful." (5:90)

"They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say: “In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit.” And they ask you how much are they to give, Say: “The excess.” It is thus that God clarifies for you the revelations that you may think." (2:219)

"And from the fruits of the palm trees and the grapes you make wine and a good provision. In that is a sign for a people who comprehend." (16:67)

"Is the example of Paradise; that the righteous have been promised with rivers of pure water, and rivers of milk whose taste does not change, and rivers of wine that are delicious for the drinkers, and rivers of strained honey, and for them in it are all kinds of fruits, and a forgiveness from their Lord; like that of those who abide in the Fire, and are given to drink boiling water that cuts-up their intestines?" (47:15)

In the other hand on what makes me believe why we are been taught all of this year Alcohol is Haram is based on History. Because our Nabi forbid it at all and which is better than be avoid. And for every Muslim need to agree and obey to what Nabi say and suggest.

"…Whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it and whatsoever he forbids you from, refrain [from it]." [Hashr:7]

"Say: If you love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and will forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger. If they turn away, then Allah indeed does not love those who disbelieve." [Imran:30-31]

Quote:
The prohibition of alcohol occurred in stages and [after] many incidents, for they [the Arabs] used to love to drink it. The first [verse] revealed regarding the matter of alcohol was: "They ask you about alcohol and gambling. Say: 'There is great sin in both although there is some benefit for people…" [Baqarah:219] i.e. [benefit] in their trade. Hence, when this verse was revealed, some people left [alcohol] saying, "We have no need for that in which there is great sin," and some did not leave it saying, "We take [from its] benefit and we leave its sin." Thereafter, the verse was revealed: "Do not approach prayer while you are drunk…" [Nisa:43] So some people left it saying, "We have no need for that which distracts us from the prayer," and some drank it outside the times of prayer until the verse was revealed: "O you who believe! Alcohol, gambling, [sacrificing for] idols, and divining of arrows are only an abomination [of Satan's work…]" [Maidah:90-91]So [alcohol] became prohibited for them such that some of them said, "Allah did not prohibit anything as strictly as alcohol."

Some also want to debate and an argue, as they just want to use Quran alone as reference. They avoid Sunnah.

It is very important that this point be clear – we should never answer someone on the premises of "using the Quran alone" because it is an absurd fallacy. The Quran would never have reached us were it not for the Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, so if someone doesn't want to use what the Messenger (peace and blessings be forever upon him), brought – he can't use the Quran either. Yes, the narrations in the sunnah have different levels of authenticity, from authentic to weak. Nonetheless, there are narrations that have the same level of authenticity as the Quran – the mutawatir – such that anyone who denies a narration that is mutawatir is like denying a verse in the Quran – it is disbelief. Likewise, denying that the Sunnah is a source of legislation is disbelief because it is direct denial of the verses quoted above.

*Mutawatir meaning an extensive number of narrations such that it is impossible for the reports to have been forged. In the case of the prohibition of alcohol, there are many narrations with the same meaning, thus making the meaning of the narrations [which is the prohibition of alcohol] mutawatir.

Quote:
This following is narrated by Imams Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'I, and Ahmad:

"When the prohibition of alcohol was [being] revealed, Umar said, "O Allah! Clarify for us the [matter of] alcohol with a clear statement," thus the verse which is in Baqarah was revealed, "They ask you about alcohol and gambling. Say: In them is great sin…" So Umar was called and it was read to him and he said [again], "O Allah! Clarify for us the [matter of] alcohol with a clear statement." Thereafter the verse in Al-Nisa was revealed: "O you who believe! Do not approach prayer while you are drunk…" Hence, the herald of the Messenger of Allah, the peace and blesseings of Allah upon him, would call out when the prayer was about to commence, "Let no drunken approach the prayer," and Umar was called [again] and it was read to him. He said, "O Allah! Clarify for us the [matter of] alcohol with a clear statement," so the verse was revealed, "…so will you not refrain?!" Umar said, "We refrain."

ALL of these Imams included a section on the prohibition of alcohol in their collections. As for those who do not accept the sunnah of the Messenger and they want to "use JUST the Quran" – they have no acceptance from Allah in this deen and have come out of the Light of Islam, peace and blessings of Allah forever upon him.

What has been quoted here is very little compared to the vast literature on the subject, i.e. from all the scholars who have written about the prohibition of alcohol, but inshaAllah it should be more than sufficient for anyone in doubt. Those who would still deny the prohibition of alcohol after all this, it is out of their audacity to deny that which Allah has revealed in His Book and what He has revealed on the tongue of His Messenger, the peace and blessings of Allah upon him and so we say to them: Allah indeed does not love those who disbelieve.

"…Those who do not judge by that which Allah has revealed, those are the disbelievers." [Maidah:44]

So in my own believe and thinking, Alcohol is not haram to be use (for perfume, deodorant, etc)..but it is haram to drink and get intoxicate (which might lead you to do sin, and forget Allah)..and avoid using alcohol in so many way from praying.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=17967&CATE=1

http://www.free-minds.org/alcohol2

Romance Not In Fashion
http://www.facebook.com/romancenotinfashion
http://www.myspace.com/rxfband
http://www.reverbnation.com/romancenotinfashion

"A mix is never finished, it’s abandoned."

My Page:
http://www.facebook.com/cjrxf
https://twitter.com/cjrxf
http://greg-livingatthemovies.blogspot.com/
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: