back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

which technique you find it most difficult for you? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gapster
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: which technique you find it most difficult for you? Reply with quote

have your say ..maybe we can learn from one another Smile

i will start first ..legato Cool
afiqme
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yerp.. legato pun susah bagi aku.. memerlukan kekuatan tangan yang maksima!!! hehe!!!

Private guitar lesson - Batu Caves/Gombak/KL/Shah Alam:
http://afiqmemusic.blogspot.com

My other blog: Click here!
IZZI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me String skipping sebab requirement utk string skipping ialah alternate picking..
Anyway, semua teknik susah pada aku kalau tak cukup praktis.. kena praktis lebih..
sebab tu aku more to layan feel je.. main pentatonic biasa je pun dah puas..hehehe..
afiqme
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tambahan bile dah tension sgt praktis kan... tuh yg dok layan feel jek main gitar tuh.. haha!!

Bode
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semua susah... Sad
afiqme
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ape yg susah nye doc... semua lagu ang lipat gulung2.. hehe!!! taknak bukak kelas gitar ke doc??? hehe..

IZZI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haa aku sokong.. tapi buat la murah dari si Aman tu.. aku rasa kalau bro bode ni ajar.. mesti student cepat faham.. ko tgk la cara dia komen orang mcm mana.. bagus sungguh.. Doktor mmg mcm tu la aku rasa.. well organized.
afiqme
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

student cepat paham pasal ko tgk la avatar die izuan ... kan ganas & garang tuh ... hehe!!! jgn marah doc!!

Bode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izuanhafez wrote:
requirement utk string skipping ialah alternate picking..

Not necessarily bro...legato and tapping combine dgn string skipping pun boley kan? Smile
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izuanhafez wrote:
haa aku sokong.. tapi buat la murah dari si Aman tu.. aku rasa kalau bro bode ni ajar.. mesti student cepat faham.. ko tgk la cara dia komen orang mcm mana.. bagus sungguh.. Doktor mmg mcm tu la aku rasa.. well organized.

Tapi aku rasa harga kelas Aman tu reasonable la, sebab dia siap prepare tablature dan backing track untuk practice lagi...semua tu memang mengambil masa yang cukup banyak untuk prepare. And of course dia sendiri memang main dasat...memang patut jadi Jedi master!

As for me, I don't think I'm fit to teach the technical aspects of guitar playing because my technique is ALL WRONG. I learned the guitar without a teacher, and at the time of my learning, I had to totally learn solos by transcribing from ear alone. There were no tablatures, no internet (we're talking about 1984 here!). So, my technique is incorrect. By the time I got to watching instructional videos by Richie Kotzen/Paul Gilbert etc. etc., I realised my mistakes, but unfortunately my guitar technique is all too late for correction. All the bad habits have stuck for good and impossible to quit. See, when you’re supposed to alternate pick, I sweep…and when you’re supposed sweep, I string skip etc. etc. Of course I can start all over again, but I don't have the time and patience for that. In the early 90’s, I discussed this problem with my friend Man Keedal about this and he told me to worry about the final result and not the technique. “Tak kisah macam mana engkau main, janji bunyi dia betul (It’s not how you do it, but as long as it sounds right). Tengoklah aku Bode, aku ni lagi…,main gitar terbalik!!!”

So after getting that pearl of wisdom from Man, I sought to improve my present technique rather than get rid of it and start from scratch. In a way, it was a slight advantage to a certain degree when it comes to getting my own personal style. I wanted to copy my heroes, but due to my wrong technique, I couldn’t do it. But I got to develop my own personal technique for executing my ideas. It is wrong, but at least it’s my own. I learn from everybody…even from beginners! I’ve stolen a lot of tricks from young beginners learning from me…I stole it, and twisted it a bit to fit my needs. I think it’s the same story for a lot of accomplished guitarists as well. For instance, Edward Van Halen had Eric Clapton as his textbook, but he twisted whatever he stole into his own thing. Not that I can be as original as Eddie Van Halen, but that’s my dream and try to be a bit different from others. At the moment, I think I still sound too much like I’m copying my guitar heroes, but what I play now comes totally from my heart and my soul…so if it does sound like somebody else, I don’t really wanna worry too much about it. I’ve found my voice and my style on the guitar, and whether you like it or hate it, this is it.

To be frank I can tell everyone everything I know about the guitar in just 15 minutes…I don’t really know much. My 2 articles that I wrote in the teaching article section pretty much sums up everything I know!
I think people like Aman, Monizag, Izuan etc. are more qualified to teach the correct techniques on playing the guitar and I look forward to learning from them.
gapster
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well..i think technique is something you can do which ever way you want ..
as long as you get it clean and you hit the right notes..
there is no right or wrong..if not..where does innovative comes?

for example..sweep picking..
i think most of us sweeps by moving our wrist ..right?
i have friends who sweeps by moving thier elbow and they can achieve the same speed ..
becker use finger per finger for most of his sweeps in appregio..
well some of us are using the easier way..bar the fret + roll on to the side ..

yeah so i will agree with bode ..its our own style! Smile

but i think basic techniques such as holding chords,palm muting etc ..are strictly "have to get it right"
just my opinion..cheers Cool
IZZI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
izuanhafez wrote:
requirement utk string skipping ialah alternate picking..

Not necessarily bro...legato and tapping combine dgn string skipping pun boley kan? Smile

eheheh yes.. not necessarily..

Bode wrote:
I think people like Aman, Monizag, Izuan etc. are more qualified to teach the correct techniques on playing the guitar and I look forward to learning from them.

Sebenarnya aku pun tak tau apa yang betul apa yang salah dalam teknik guitar playing ni.. kalau dah namanya 'teknik' maksudnya ialah 'cara' atau 'kaedah' dan mestilah ia ada bermacam2 dan tak salah kalau kita buat satu teknik baru. tak kira lah dalam apa perkara pun tak semestinya dalam main guitar. yang penting hasil outputnya 'betul'..'betul' ni pun sebenarnya bergantung pada apa yang kita mahu.. Its not limited.

Sebab tu guitar punya tutorial video ni ada banyak.. macam2 teknik. Kat situ dah boleh tau yang teknik ni tak ada istilah salah. So, aku mmg setuju sangat dgn apa yang bro bode cakap tu... Conclusion: dont limit ourself.. yang penting sembahyang jgn tinggal(Bagi mereka yang agamanya ada sembahyang shj) haa yg ni kena ikut guideline lah..huhuuu...
GryMlock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknik rebonding would be the hardest for me..

look look! it just wouldn't be possible.
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahahahahahah.. hilang tensen aku..
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gapster wrote:
well..i think technique is something you can do which ever way you want ..
as long as you get it clean and you hit the right notes..
there is no right or wrong..if not..where does innovative comes?

for example..sweep picking..
i think most of us sweeps by moving our wrist ..right?
i have friends who sweeps by moving thier elbow and they can achieve the same speed ..
becker use finger per finger for most of his sweeps in appregio..
well some of us are using the easier way..bar the fret + roll on to the side ..

yeah so i will agree with bode ..its our own style! Smile

izuanhafez wrote:
Sebenarnya aku pun tak tau apa yang betul apa yang salah dalam teknik guitar playing ni.. kalau dah namanya 'teknik' maksudnya ialah 'cara' atau 'kaedah' dan mestilah ia ada bermacam2 dan tak salah kalau kita buat satu teknik baru. tak kira lah dalam apa perkara pun tak semestinya dalam main guitar. yang penting hasil outputnya 'betul'..'betul' ni pun sebenarnya bergantung pada apa yang kita mahu.. Its not limited.

Sebab tu guitar punya tutorial video ni ada banyak.. macam2 teknik. Kat situ dah boleh tau yang teknik ni tak ada istilah salah. So, aku mmg setuju sangat dgn apa yang bro bode cakap tu... Conclusion: dont limit ourself.. yang penting sembahyang jgn tinggal(Bagi mereka yang agamanya ada sembahyang shj) haa yg ni kena ikut guideline lah..huhuuu...

Spot on dudes!

Just like what Billy Sheehan said..."You gotta learn the rules before you break them" Smile

Jump to: