back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

New Behringer Product! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
IZZI
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: New Behringer Product! Reply with quote

Behringer come out with 78 New Product this year. They also has unveiled the fantastic new look and feel of their stomp boxes and MS monitors.

Some of them :

more at: http://www.behringer.com

Those yang ada experience dgn product Behringer ni boleh tak bg review sikit. Bagus ke product diorang ni dari segi qualiti dan ekonomi?
afiqme
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yerp.. aku ade 3 produk behringer.. 3x mic XM1500, di-box ngan mic200 ultragain preamp... berpatutan dengan harga.. rase aku ape yg die offer jauh lebih murah dari produk lain... lagipun die made in china tak salah aku... tapi setakat nih aku takde prob pakai produk depa... semua nye best!!! hehe!! especially mic200 ultragain tu... versatile!!! boleh pakai utk semua instrument.. boleh usha kat web diorang .. hehe!!!

Private guitar lesson - Batu Caves/Gombak/KL/Shah Alam:
http://afiqmemusic.blogspot.com

My other blog: Click here!
IZZI
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woi behringer made in germany la.. ko ni biar betull.. tapi syok jugak ko ckp produk ni best.. aku tgh berkira2 nak melabur sikit ni.. heheh thanks afiq
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

izuanhafez wrote:
woi behringer made in germany la.. ko ni biar betull.. tapi syok jugak ko ckp produk ni best.. aku tgh berkira2 nak melabur sikit ni.. heheh thanks afiq

ada baiknya jika anda melabur untuk beli sebuah gitar yg berkhasiat.. heheh

beli gitar dulu la oi!!
> mockspecial.com

Last edited by deadzid on Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Made in China Reply with quote

All Behringer products are made in China. That's why they're so cheap!

Smile
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

the the quality is not bad right??
> mockspecial.com
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Depends... Reply with quote

So far, I've had pretty good luck with my B-1 condenser mic, Ultragain Pro MIC2200 mic preamp and FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller.

But my V-Amp 2, whose modelled amps I absolutely love, acts up now and again. I tend to lose edited presets for no reason.

But generally, for sheer bang for buck, there's really nothing to beat Behringer!

Smile
IZZI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks bro! ahaa this what i want.. quality and economy..huhuu
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Depends... Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

synthdude wrote:
So far, I've had pretty good luck with my B-1 condenser mic, Ultragain Pro MIC2200 mic preamp and FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller.

dude.. is the condenser mic suitable for home-recording (esp for vocals)? or does it require that mic preamp? and one more thing, what the heck is "phantom power"??? does it somehow related to microphones?
> mockspecial.com
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: To give you an idea of how good their amps are... Reply with quote

The guitars on this song, part of a project I helped to mix & master for a buddy's band, were plugged straight into an overdriven RM300 Behringer Firebird GX108 and recorded with a Taiwan-made Yoga shotgun condenser mic:

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=1489&song_id=3451&mode=song_hifi

Last edited by synthdude on Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: The B-1... Reply with quote

For about RM400, it's probably the best value in large-diaphragm condenser mics. Comes with a shockmount and windscreen in a really nice case.

It's quite versatile too -- I've had decent results recording vocals, acoustic instruments and drums (overhead) with it, though it's a bit too bright for my tastes.

But you need a mixer with phantom power or a mic preamp to get it working.

Condenser or capacitor mics operate on the principle of measuring the change in electrical charge across a capacitor where one of the electrodes is a thin conductive membrane that flexes in response to sound pressure.

Phantom power is 48V DC supply for condenser/capacitor mic that's transmitted along the signal cores of a balanced mic cable.

Most mid-/high-end mixers, hard-disk recorders and breakout boxes these days come with at least two phantom-powered XLRs which is usually adequate for home recording needs.

Condenser/capacitor mics are usually more sensitive than dynamics so they're great for sources where the signal is weak, including singers with poor voice projection.
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

synthdude,

have you seen the specs for M-Audio Fast Track USB?? it has "dynamic microphone input (XLR)", so i'm not sure if it's suitable for condenser mics or not... could you please verify this for me? coz i'm thinking of getting this next month (i hope)..

by the way, this thing doesn't have that phantom-power thingy, so could you suggest some good affordable mic preamp?

Arrow product details
Arrow watch demo video
Arrow front / rear view

> mockspecial.com
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Looks interesting... Reply with quote

The XLR input (there's no phantom power here, unfortunately) is good as it means you can use a fully balanced cable (male/female XLR jacks) to connect your dynamic.

To use a condenser with it, the best solution seems to be something like Behringer's MIC200 mic/instrument preamp which should cost around RM200.

It, of course, comes with phantom power, an output limiter, and tube circuitry (12AX7) that apparently adds warmth, though you should always take such claims with a pinch of salt.

You can also use battery-powered condensers like Yoga's EM-9600 (around RM200) if you find the phantom power thing too much of a hassle.

Anyway bro, what's your budget? I'm currently testing ESI's ESP1010 which is a 24-bit/96kHz 10-In 10-Out PCI Audio/MIDI interface with rackmountable breakout box.

It costs around RM1,200 and comes with two XLR inputs with phantom power, in addition to 6 analogue inputs (two of which can be used for headphone monitoring), 8 outputs and two digital I/O channels.

The MIDI support is also quite impressive.

It's quite well-spec'd for home recording and is pretty good, actually.

The specs are here:

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=49&page=1

Last edited by synthdude on Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
IZZI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uli Behringer (Uli Jon Roth Brother?)
Chairman

BEHRINGER products are designed and engineered in Germany and around the globe.

Extensive investment in wholly-owned state of the art manufacturing facilities in China together with Real-time ERP and MRP global systems deployed across an impressive worldwide network of subsidiaries have made BEHRINGER a true “global player.”.

BEHRINGER is known for its exceptional engineering, technology and audio standards, along with impeccable quality and aggressive pricing.

Jump to: