back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Rockin' In The Free World by i-bands Guitar Project « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
synthdude
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Rockin' In The Free World by i-bands Guitar Project Reply with quote

<b><i>Rockin' In The Free World</i> (feat. Bode, Erylasia, Izuan Hafez & synthdude)</b>

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=1682&song_id=4144&mode=song_hifi
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/download.php?band_id=1682&song_id=4144&mode=song_hifi
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=1682&song_id=4144&mode=song_lofi

(Latest version uploaded at 1.27am, May 04, 2005)

<b><i>The almost (sorry Ery!) FIRST i-bands MP3 cyberjam!</i></b>

Credits: <b>Bode</b> <i>(second solo, middle on final solo), </i><b>Ery</b> <i> (first solo, left on final solo), </i><b>Izuan</b> <i> (third solo, right on final solo)</i> / <b>Izuan</b><i> : prime motivating force, song arrangement, guitars, drum programming / </i><b>synthdude</b> <i>: bass, vox.</i>

Last edited by synthdude on Wed May 04, 2005 1:28 am; edited 7 times in total
jaaroquai
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baru je dengar lagu "Rockin in the free world" dari i-bands gitar projek.

hmm...takleh nafikan lah mmg bes. setiap individu yg contribute solo ada identiti masing masing. Bode sounds a bit different dari lagu lagu yg pernah aku dengar. maybe tone dia yg lain kot ntahla tapi lain lah. hahaa. kanan ngan kiri solo berbeza. sound overall pada aku bes dan kira seimbang la walaupun aku tak reti sgt nak komen dari segi sound tapi apa yg aku dengar ok.

the best thing is..boleh kenal sapa yg sedang solo, ery ke, izaun ke, bode ke. tapi aku tak dengar synthdude nyer solo. apa jadi ngan solo tu? atau aku yg miss dengar solo tu?? anyone??

tapi ada satu sound pada solo akhir (gabungan), ada tone yg agak mendap/tenggelam.tataula maybe itu result yg nak dibuat tapi pada aku la..agak tenggelam.

apa pun TAHNIAH PADA MEREKA YG TERLIBAT!!! Very Happy

p/s: sorry i posted in the wrong place at first tak prasan ada topik ni
afiqme
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aku pun tak tau nak ckp ape pasal aku dgr mmg best!!! congrats geng!!! Wink Wink

Private guitar lesson - Batu Caves/Gombak/KL/Shah Alam:
http://afiqmemusic.blogspot.com

My other blog: Click here!
IZZI
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys..

Synthdude has helped a lot in the sound.. i like to say selain dari vocal dan bass contribution, he is also the sound engineer of this project. He did all the mixing and mastering proccess.

I am not the one who can talk much about Bode's guitar works, but his guitar playing and sound proove his experience walaupun dia dah lama tak praktis. Petik satu note je pun dah boleh tau. Tp aku bangga jugak sebab dia tak kisah nak berganding guitar work dgn aku dan ery yg kurang experience ni..hehe thanks bro! naik sikit standard kitorang ni..huhuuuuuu

Ery baru 18thn beb! Biasanya budak muda solo mesti nak laju berlipat2. Tp dia punya solo pulak lebih matang dari umur dia.. cool, plain and simple but effective. Macam gaya orang tua bercerita.. satu persatu.. Aku belajar sesuatu dari kerja dia..hehe..

Kesimpulannya.. jom buat next projek!!
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

KEEP ON ROCKING IN THE FREE WORLD!!!!

feels like satch and eddie came together to record a classic! good work dudes! YOU FRIKKIN ROCK! cheersman, keep it coming!
Erylasia
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

akhirnya siap jugak jam ni.....

synthdude ni ade pembetulan sikit.....ni cyberjam yg kedua kat i-bands ni tau............. sebab cyberjam yg pertama aku dah buat untuk lagu hallowed be thy name tu.......huhuuuuu Cool

hahahaha.......
ape la korang ni.......puji-puji......
.malu aku......hehehehehe.. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GryMlock
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah aku pun dah dengar. execellent!
will give it a nice promo in the upcoming newsletter Very Happy
huzai
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angsakawan
Angsakawan

Jeff wrote:
KEEP ON ROCKING IN THE FREE WORLD!!!!

feels like satch and eddie came together to record a classic! good work dudes! YOU FRIKKIN ROCK! cheersman, keep it coming!

yeap!! i agreed wif jeff..great job guys
Bode
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaaroquai wrote:
Bode sounds a bit different dari lagu lagu yg pernah aku dengar. maybe tone dia yg lain kot ntahla tapi lain lah.

Thanks for the kind words everybody Smile
Yes, I was definitely trying out new licks and also playing with a new sound. Those licks are the ones that I havent tried before(hence the poor execution! Sad)...I get bored with myself very easily, so I'm just having fun trying out new stuff, at the risk of not being able to play it well(as illustrated in this song). I cant even execute my old licks properly due to being away from the guitar since I dunno when, let alone execute new ones! Very Happy
Anyway, I would have played my solo differently if I was playing this song alone, but in order to make this jamming thing more fun, I thought it's best that every guitarist contrasts each other in style and sound. Erylasia and Izuan were being mature and tasteful soloists, so I thought we needed a bad guy to come into the song with an offensive and rude style and sound! Very Happy
As for the guitar sound, to be frank, I dont feel comfortable playing with it...but I thought it would be a wee bit challenging to solo with a sound that you're not comfy with.
All in all, after reviewing so many guitar solos and teaching a bit here and there, my solo in this song would a bad example of how anybody should approach a solo. It doesn't flow melodically, is devoid of any musical message and is technically poorly executed.
On the other hand, Erylasia is an intelligent, mature and expressive soloist...he can say more with less notes. Izuan has got the same gift too, plus he has got the chops to complement his great command of musicality. It's funny that towards the end there, when Izuan and Erylasia was burning the fretboard, it was as if I suddenly went quiet and ran away from the scene out of fear! Lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing If that was live, then that would be the exact same thing that you would see Smile
And where would we be without synthdude? The guy who took the frontman job plus holding the anchor for the same song with his bass playing. I take my hats off for the really ballsy, passionate, angry and rebellious delivery of the vocal job man! True to the original spirit in the original Neil Young version! And thanks a zillion for taking up the producer and engineer responsibilities too!
I had fun with this project...and I hope everyone can enjoy this as much as we all did Smile
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World dudes!!!
IZZI
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
It's funny that towards the end there, when Izuan and Erylasia was burning the fretboard, it was as if I suddenly went quiet and ran away from the scene out of fear! Lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing If that was live, then that would be the exact same thing that you would see Smile

LOL!! i know why bode climax solo wasnt there, sebab dia dah tua lambat sgt nak climax ataupun dia dah climax terlebih awal... huhuuuuuuuuuu!
Bode
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izuanhafez wrote:
Bode wrote:
It's funny that towards the end there, when Izuan and Erylasia was burning the fretboard, it was as if I suddenly went quiet and ran away from the scene out of fear! Lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing If that was live, then that would be the exact same thing that you would see Smile

LOL!! i know why bode climax solo wasnt there, sebab dia dah tua lambat sgt nak climax ataupun dia dah climax terlebih awal... huhuuuuuuuuuu!

Bila Izuan dan Ery bukak silat langkah George Lynch/Reb Beach/Marty Friedman....terpaksalah org tua ni mengundur diri... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bode
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaaroquai, Criedbaby, Jeff, Grymlock, Huzai ....thanks for the support bros!!! Very Happy
GryMlock
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapot menyapot adalah tanggungjawab kita bersama Very Happy
afiqme
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah!!! nanti aku dah terer skit harap boleh la join korang plak... hehe!!!

Private guitar lesson - Batu Caves/Gombak/KL/Shah Alam:
http://afiqmemusic.blogspot.com

My other blog: Click here!
lovelybutterflies
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gila babi bes!!
arghh memang bes la korang siut.

Jump to: