back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

trash metal pickups « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
stratopedia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: trash metal pickups Reply with quote

hi guys

i just bought meself a bc rich bronze series warlock. got it for $50 from this guy who decided to quit. thought i'd just buy it and change its stock pickups for some other PUs to get a really fat and trashy tone. any suggestions?

thanks!
kudo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huiyo. balik malaysia pun beli guitar lagi!! did you mean RM lima puluh?

i recommend a 59 paf. ideal for those warm vintage tones. apa laga? get OUT of character and main delta blues with a BC rich warlock.

muddy will be rolling in high spin in his grave.

joking aside, if you like seymour duncans, go for the invader or the dimebucker (tak ingat model SH amende... go to their site lah).

at the end of the day, amp jugak beb - pasal mamat metal ni bukan semua pakai pickups like these!

"Welcome to Tube Club. The first rule of Tube Club: you do not talk about solid state." -The Uncle

Ridzi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMGs all the way baby...EMG81-EMG85/EMG60 config...... by the way it's not 'trash' it's spelt 'thrash'.

trash means sampah

/ridzi
gapster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes..i would say EMG 81-85 too

the bronze series is made of agathis wood ..which is sh*t..sorry
with EMG 81/85 ..your can cover up the bad character of the wood

kudo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridzi, damn right. how could i forget about EMGs!

lama tak dengar cerita dlm forum?

"Welcome to Tube Club. The first rule of Tube Club: you do not talk about solid state." -The Uncle

Ridzi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya krik bro, how are you? I've been kinda busy with work and all.. absolutely no time for music at the moment.

Need some time off for a while to gather some new experiences and material for my comeback...which i am not really sure when.

Besides EMG's you can also try Lundgrens, or a pair of Pearly Gates would do the trick.

/ridzi
stratopedia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thrash ka... sori la gua tak tau... aku teringat je itu hari one of the guys from cromok ada sign kat cd, dia tulis trasher...

kudo man, i got the guitar sehari dua before my flight back to kl aritu. 50 usd saja angkut igt nak buat memain modify sket2 la. lawa lak aku tgk gitar tu masa before beli. warlock kaler putih, selalu aku tengok kaler hitam or merah or some other badass kerry king artwork... tapi betul gak ko ckp, before the fingers, it's the amp that matters pun. saja aku igt nak start things off by changing the PUs...

so now aku tgh usya2 site emg ngan seymour duncan je... tapi leaning towards the emg 81 85 tu aa... mmg menarik. mintak2 le jadi projek ni. tapi kot tak jadi aku bleh jual for double the price aku beli pun kat ebay.

btw kudo, some hoochie coochie on the warlock aa... interesting... oh and aku tgk zoom in with man kidal and friends semlm on tv2. ada nama trabye on the credits. terus aku spam tagboard dia psl masa aku tgk show tu dah nak abeh. mmg syok show tu... jarang guitarist dpt spotlight gitu on msian tv. mintak2 la dpt tgk full someday Laughing
kudo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tadi aku borak dgn trabye on the phone, excited siut dgr cerita. kitaorg punya VHS recorder kat KL lowyar so tak record. aku tengah tunggu harap2 kat torrent malaya ada org letak bittorrent of the show. but so far penuh dgn mawi aje *shudders* he'll blog about it soon, hopefully ada pics as well.

btw, putih?? hahahaha. buat camo la... jadi max cavalera. tapi boh flag negeri (where are you from?) on it instead of the brazilian one.

Jump to: