back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

BODE- back to the music/Melodic Funk Gig « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: BODE- back to the music/Melodic Funk Gig Reply with quote

Hi all my brothers and sisters...it's been a long time since I've been here. The reason for my long silence has been due to my work...14 hour days, 7 days a week Sad... up to the point where I've fallen ill due to fatigue! But I'm kinda okay now I think! Smile

After a long hiatus from performing live, I recently had the opportunity to perform alongside Malaysia's top sessioneers, Sham, AJ and Yuri, to open for Neil Zaza and TM Stevens during their gig here in Planet Hollywood. It was great fun playing together on the same bill with such virtuosos. I was ill during the performance, and furthermore injured my back a few days before the gig, but we had fun nevertheless! I will post photos once I have the opportunity Smile

One thing I realised from this gig was how much I missed playing live...it has been ages since I did it, and I am craving to go back on stage for more. In fact, to be frank, I havent been playing much guitar at all for years, except for the occasional studio sessions. I therefore intend to go back to playing more and writing new music for my CD...but with my hell of a hectic schedule, I dont know how far I can go towards achieving this, but I definitely need to sacrifice my time online on the internet to at least steal some time for my return to the music world. I owe it to my loyal supporters to give my best in my next appearance, be it on my CD or live Smile So, gotta get back to playing! Smile

ab will take over the reviews section, and we've a lot of very qualified guitar dudes here (Izuan, Ery, Min amongst many more) who will keep this 'Ask the Guitar Doc' thread alive with their wisdom! Smile

One thing for sure, I would have been absolutely nothing without all your warm support, and I will forever be indebted and thank all of you my dear brothers and sisters for that Smile

Though I will only rarely have the chance to log on to the internet from now on, I will jump in here to say hello whenever I can steal the time. I surely will miss everyone here!!!

Last edited by Bode on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
aB
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode dude,
it's gonna be a real loss to the li'l guitarist community here without yr presence. So, as little or as seldom as you can log-in, that would be a much anticipated & precious occasion when you do!

i'm sure there'll be endless mails of gratitude for your dedicated presence, input/advice/comments and words of 6-strings wisdom you shared all these while. from me, fellow partners in 6string crimes, wishing you all the best. no trillion-notes per sec shredding to honor your temporary withdrawal from the i-bands scene, just a simple respectful 'hot space'.

Rock on dude.
MiN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bro Bode,

i know he will be surfing in here once a while....so dont worry guys....he'll be back.

as for bro Bode mentioning me to keep this ask the doc thread alive....maybe i'll help out a bit if i can....but i may not be a nice guy like Bode is....kwkekwekwkek
adam
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

go bode go! storm the front! hehe...
http://www.myspace.com/flirtingwithsleep
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aB wrote:
Bode dude,
it's gonna be a real loss to the li'l guitarist community here without yr presence. So, as little or as seldom as you can log-in, that would be a much anticipated & precious occasion when you do!

i'm sure there'll be endless mails of gratitude for your dedicated presence, input/advice/comments and words of 6-strings wisdom you shared all these while. from me, fellow partners in 6string crimes, wishing you all the best. no trillion-notes per sec shredding to honor your temporary withdrawal from the i-bands scene, just a simple respectful 'hot space'.

Rock on dude.

Thanks ab dude! I dont think my absence here will be missed by the guitar community, and whatever that I'm doing here can be said as redundant as well, compared to the wisdom and experience of so many other great guitarists here (you included), who have been very gracious and generous with sharing their knowledge.
Thanks for taking over my reviewing jobbie as well...I hope everyone here knows that both of us do think alike and your opinion pretty much reflects mine...so the reviews will go on as usual ...thanks to you man Smile
Rock on dude!!!
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiN wrote:
Hi bro Bode,

i know he will be surfing in here once a while....so dont worry guys....he'll be back.

as for bro Bode mentioning me to keep this ask the doc thread alive....maybe i'll help out a bit if i can....but i may not be a nice guy like Bode is....kwkekwekwkek

MiN dude...keep this thread alive with your alternate picking 101 man! By the time I'm back, I will hopefully get to eat my nasi goreng while having you blaze the intro of Colorado Bulldog as 'starters'! Smile
Keep on rocking you crazy shredder!
Guthrie Govan rules!
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam wrote:
go bode go! storm the front! hehe...

Adam!...'cover me!'...he he he Very Happy
When can I whack your ass with my Steyr Aug ah? Laughing
Erylasia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Bode aku pun cover ko kat belakang ni,... go bode, go bode,go bode, go bode../.,.hahaha Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
aB wrote:
Bode dude,

Rock on dude.

Thanks ab dude! I dont think my absence here will be missed by the guitar community, and whatever that I'm doing here can be said as redundant as well, compared to the wisdom and experience of so many other great guitarists here (you included), who have been very gracious and generous with sharing their knowledge.
Thanks for taking over my reviewing jobbie as well...I hope everyone here knows that both of us do think alike and your opinion pretty much reflects mine...so the reviews will go on as usual ...thanks to you man Smile
Rock on dude!!!

dont say that bro.. i've learned a lot from you. Ahaa.. i've seen the vcd(PH event).. what can i say, you're the coolest and the most humble person yang pernah aku kenal. You're cool bro.. you're super cool! respect !
MiN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
MiN wrote:
Hi bro Bode,

MiN dude...keep this thread alive with your alternate picking 101 man! By the time I'm back, I will hopefully get to eat my nasi goreng while having you blaze the intro of Colorado Bulldog as 'starters'! Smile
Guthrie Govan rules!

Hi bro Bode,

i will try to cover some aspects of guitar playing for you....but i doubt anyone will listen to me! kwkewkekwek

yeah i will try to attempt the colorado bulldog for your listening man. maybe live playing when i travel to KL. hope your upcoming project of making your own album goes well. maybe i can play a few licks too?? kwkewkek...just kidding.

do let me know when its finish i will be glad to buy the original to support you.
Erylasia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Bode,. bila nak upload video,... kasi laa member i-bands ni tenggok,..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erylasia wrote:
Bode aku pun cover ko kat belakang ni,... go bode, go bode,go bode, go bode../.,.hahaha Cool

...jom disarm C4 kat bombsite A!!! Laughing
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

izuanhafez wrote:
Bode wrote:
aB wrote:
Bode dude,

Rock on dude.

Rock on dude!!!

dont say that bro.. i've learned a lot from you. Ahaa.. i've seen the vcd(PH event).. what can i say, you're the coolest and the most humble person yang pernah aku kenal. You're cool bro.. you're super cool! respect !

Wey...I dont even have the pictures yet...and you already saw the video! Mana aci!? Smile I'm kinda terrified thinking about what I played...cant remember a thing what I solo'ed...I just tibai the solos on the spot(like everybody else) and we didnt practice...it was just jamming live(on pre-decided riffs 10 days ago...Wan, do you have the video of the rehearsal too?)...and I knew that my guitar sound was drowned that night(was it partially or completely drowned?)
I have sms'ed your friend who took the video cam on Tuesday, but I still havent got a reply yet...should I harass him? Laughing
huzai
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angsakawan
Angsakawan

chaiyo2 bode, chaiyo2! 'need backup' Very Happy
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiN wrote:
Bode wrote:

Guthrie Govan rules!

Hi bro Bode,

i will try to cover some aspects of guitar playing for you....but i doubt anyone will listen to me! kwkewkekwek

yeah i will try to attempt the colorado bulldog for your listening man. maybe live playing when i travel to KL. hope your upcoming project of making your own album goes well. maybe i can play a few licks too?? kwkewkek...just kidding.

do let me know when its finish i will be glad to buy the original to support you.

Thanks bro for your support! Yeah it would be cool if all of us have a shredfest on a song(not a cover, but an original)...kinda like a sequel to 'Rockin' in the Free World' rite? Wink

Hey MiN, if people dont want to listen to your teachings here, then it's their loss! Yeah...sometimes I see a lot of arrogance amongst some of these piece of shit inexperienced/indie guitarists...I cant understand it man...why is it the actual guitar heroes are so humble and these beginner idiots are so full of themselves? I remember when I was a young guitarist, I felt so crapl(now I feel that I'm even worse as a guitarist,...see...as you grow older, your ears become more sensitive and fussy and you discover more crap about your own playing and thus your ego tends to shrink even more!!!). In fact, even when I was 18, I was way better than these dumbfucks, and still I was never arrogant as a kid... Rolling Eyes

What the bloody hell is wrong with some of these dumbfuck arrogant young guitarists nowadays...

Ridzi was hanging out with me, Sham, AJ and Yuri the other day...and I'm sure that he himself can testify that these guys are so bloody humble and down to earth...and these are the country's creme de la creme sessionists...(we all know that AJ is Pop Shuvit's bassist and his band is getting a HUGE following overseas...now, that is a rockstar for you...and yet he is so humble)...and Ridzi told me on the contrary, he saw some of these new dumbass shitty indie bands who walks around acting like some f**kin' rockstar while shoving down their shit attitude down other people's throats during one of these indie festivals...

The mind boggles...

Last edited by Bode on Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Jump to: