back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Ridzi : After a long absence.... « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Ridzi : After a long absence.... Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

To my family here in I-Bands....

I Love You - Stream

I Love You - Download

Considering the equipment limitations I have, I am quite happy with it although I think it could do with a re-arrangement. Hope you guys enjoy my new sound.

/ridzi
Back to top
aB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ridzi : After a long absence.... Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: KL

Sedap bro!
It's in my iPod now so boleh blast out loud. (and quality sound what...!)
Back to top
huzai
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angsakawan
Angsakawan

Joined: 18 Nov 2004

part gitar sahaja nak masuk balik cam terasing?

hoho, btw, i like your new sound!
_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/synsmusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GryMlock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 24 Nov 2003
Location: Agombak Ago go!

woohooo good song! love it!

definitely will be on i-bands featured songs list.

welcome back Ridzi Smile
_________________
[ Kluk Kluk Adventure ] | [ Call the Paramedics ] | [ Dot ] | [ AJEEPEK ]
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

what do you mean by your new sound ridzi?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omarjamaludin wrote:
what do you mean by your new sound ridzi?

Well Omar, I'm sure you know what my older songs use to be like... in the past, i used to use the "mad scientist" formula to create my songs, and they used to be very detailed and strange in arrangement.

These days, I am taking a more 'relaxed' attitude and try not to self-criticise too much. This has always been my greatest problem - being too much of a perfectionist (this is why i have soooooo many unfinished songs) this time i let the song write itself, instead of cracking my head to write the strangest beats/melodies.

Now i think musically I have come full circle, and now im just going to write whatever come to my heart.

As for this song - the new sound is that its is more listener friendly, its more melodic and less heavy than the other tracks i have released before.

aB, huzai and Ajeep, thank you!! I am glad you guys like it. I was a bit concerned if it was not up to par but you guys have proven otherwise.
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

okay from initial listening it does sounds more friendly as compared to your previous songs..however there are still some progressive elements to it cos there are few combined guitar riffs and also that indian lick thingy..

i think ridzi the only way to challenge yourself is you and me create a nice melodic john-mayer-ish-girl-will-drop-their-pants tune haw haw haw

your body is wandaaaland ..la la la la
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

BEST!
the beast is back!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
huzai
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angsakawan
Angsakawan

Joined: 18 Nov 2004

perhatian : semua orang boleh bungkus barang masing2

hoho
_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/synsmusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
undefined
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Location: gelogor, penang, malaysia

holaa..

lama gak nak tunggu stuff terbaru ko ye..

dah dengar dah... memang lain dari style ko yang dulu aa.. riff banyak improvise nampaknye.. unik dan sedap.. drum part biasa je la.. tapi sesuai aa dengan lagu... biler part slow memang kena jugak..

masuk solo memang masyuk aa.. ape ape pun keseluruhannye lagu ni macam ada cerita2 sikit aa... cerita ape tu ridzi oi? heheheh...

*pengaruh inflames (kalu masuk growl vocal aa) untuk lagu ni laa.. pada pendapat aku.
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PREDICATE-NOT-DEFINED/78606712588
http://www.myspace.com/azwimusic
http://amp.channelv.com/azwimusic
Back to top
OneMB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Location: Banting

what a nice music work right there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omarjamaludin wrote:
okay from initial listening it does sounds more friendly as compared to your previous songs..however there are still some progressive elements to it cos there are few combined guitar riffs and also that indian lick thingy..

i think ridzi the only way to challenge yourself is you and me create a nice melodic john-mayer-ish-girl-will-drop-their-pants tune haw haw haw

your body is wandaaaland ..la la la la

That was the idea when i started writing. I am glad i finally found a new way to express myself musically. Of course, there will always be that progressive elements but without that out-of-control progressiveness, which always stunts the development of a huge bulk of my ideas.

I alway loved exotic elements, so this time as an experiment, i have included the indian lick thingy. It felt right at the time...so im not going to change that even after few months down the line I will might hate it.

undefined wrote:

holaa..

lama gak nak tunggu stuff terbaru ko ye..

dah dengar dah... memang lain dari style ko yang dulu aa.. riff banyak improvise nampaknye.. unik dan sedap.. drum part biasa je la.. tapi sesuai aa dengan lagu... biler part slow memang kena jugak..

masuk solo memang masyuk aa.. ape ape pun keseluruhannye lagu ni macam ada cerita2 sikit aa... cerita ape tu ridzi oi? heheheh...

*pengaruh inflames (kalu masuk growl vocal aa) untuk lagu ni laa.. pada pendapat aku.

Thanks undefined, glad you liked it. As for the drum parts, I didn't think the song will benefit for a crazy drum pattern. I just kept the programming to a minimum just to serve the song.

Does it really sound like theres an InFlames influence?? Hah...if there is, aku pun tak perasan sebab aku pun dah lama dah dengar InFlames. But thanks, i'll take that as a compliment.

Ntah le...takde la ade cerita ke apa2 ke... the song somehow tuned out that way... I guess i'll keep the story (if any) open to intrepretations Wink

OneMB, Deadzid thanks for listening to my track yang tak seberapa tu.

/ridzi
Back to top
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Location: Land of the Head Hunters

Kick ass shit, a little bit different but it feels like listening to an artists 'second' album. Different in direction, but still maintains elements of your previous stuff...progression towards the Phrygian at the end was a pretty cool touch.

ps: - hahaha Ridzi..i remeber a few years ago when suggested that perhaps u might start using some major chord progressions and you said "f**k NO WAY"...lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
Kick ass shit, a little bit different but it feels like listening to an artists 'second' album. Different in direction, but still maintains elements of your previous stuff...progression towards the Phrygian at the end was a pretty cool touch.

ps: - hahaha Ridzi..i remeber a few years ago when suggested that perhaps u might start using some major chord progressions and you said "f**k NO WAY"...lol.

Hahaha yeah....but that was then my friend. Smile

/ridzi
Back to top
rg_x2n
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Location: sg buloh, selangor

overall, i give 5/5! good stuff! dari segi sound, mmg superb lah. arrangement sumer ngam. ehem, bila nak record album? Razz

hm, the last solo tu mmg menarik lah, i like it.

but honestly, aku lagi minat ur old stuff... the teaser Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu