back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

how to sing? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

hahaha u guys were crazy la.. singing that song in dome, after seeing two metal guys holding hands by the KLCC park.

hahahaha potential vocalist!

thanks yah, will check it out.
kalium
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to stay away from alcohol prior to a performance:

a) It has a dehydrating effect, particularly liquor.

b) If it's beer, you're putting gas which will generally have to come out.

c) I have trouble stopping after only 1 drink, ending up getting buzzed then all vocal control goes out the window.

HuntressM00n wrote:
well,
some vocalist drink limau suam with salt to buka their suara.
Basically, first thing as a vocalist is all about pitching.
take Billy Corgon, he have no Melodic Vocals at all! but he has got pitching, that makes him sound better.
some vocalist have damm cun voice, but got no pitching and at the end of the day, it still sucks.

Sometimes, alcohol do help, just to warm up the throat, so that you can hit certain pitch.

To improve your vocals, learn to sing from your stomach, kalau tak tau, press your stomacu with your hand and pull the voice from there. Thats why we vocalist always get sakit perut or back ache when we sing. plus, most of us have abs!

The once u mastered on getting your vocals out from your stomach, take the guitar and strum the strings to get your pitching done.
then my friend, you can sing now, melodically.

Never throat scream or growl, always from the stomach coz it will effect your vocals badly and drink more warm water.

Eventhough one day, you wake up like me, who has gotten through a torn ligaments in the vocal chord, just don't give it up. work on it. eventhough there were no voices coming out, but work hard and trust me, you sound better than most vocalist.

It takes alot of determination and practise. Furthermore, though i have been singing since i was 8 years old, i still feel i need more practise.

also another thing for the vocalist, dont try and sound like everyone, find your niche in your vocals, dont let people tell you to sing like this and like that, coz you are the vocalist and you know where your vocals it suited for.

sekian terima kasehhhss
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

different people, different style
ETERNAL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

wa...
i think i have to listen to Nightwish more on voc training...

patutker kite sengaukan suare kite untuk nyanyi....
mcm tomok??
hgaha
eos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to sing in my old band..from grunge to nu metal, hardcore to indo-rock..mula2 aku berangan je nak menyanyi..suara bukan sedap mana pon..but then belasah je la kan..

so what i did was..practice nyanyi lagu fav. hari2..kalau boleh nyanyi sambil main guitar lagi senang nak check pitching lari ke tak..kalau tak sampai pitch tinggi..pandai2 la tukar pitch rendah

and yes..kalau nak sedap lagi suara nyanyi la dgn all out..same goes to screaming..mula2 mmg suara hilang..kalau dah selalu practice, takdehal punya

jgn control sgt suara and jgn terlampau syok sendiri..hihi..nyanyi depan kawan2 takyah malu..kene gelak pon member2 sendiri..ada apa hal?
eynkarr
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyanyi ooo nyanyi ni kena syok sendiri....nak pandai nyanyi, try nyanyi banyak lagu...praktis2...ikut suara org tu mula2 pun takpa...mcm main kord lagu spider,wings,search sambil nyanyi...lame2 superb nye....lagisatu kene ade feel....baru nyanyi tu mendalam menusuk jiwa...cehhwahh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

lalalalalalalalalallalaa
artrock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masalah aku dari segi pitching..
setelah membaca post korang..
dengan menggunakan gitar..
kita dapat memperbaiki pitching..
SabZ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: SInging... Reply with quote

Hmmmm...Singing ah?? I'm not that good at it, but ppl say I can do it. Some stuff I learnt from a short stint in choir, internet reading, personal experience and suggestion from fellow musicians.

Breathing is number uno in singing..When you breathe in, perut mesti kembung punya. Haha. Then press in your perut to keluarkan bunyi. Sound comes from the stomach or at least you diaphragm.

Find out your range. Note the lowest note you can sing and the highest (sing comfortably that is!) Don't try to force your voice to reach the high range cos your voice box / larynx has a range. You paksa rosak nanti. Be creative and write stuff within your range. Increasing range doesnt really mean you reach more higher and higher notes. It means that you can sing the notes in the higher end of your range as comfortably as you sing the other notes within your range. You can write a song even if your range is just 1 octave, so don't fret! Be creative with your music. One thing also, don't sengaukan suara to reach the higher notes, and DON'T FORCE your voice out. Be totally relaxed.

Record your singing. Best way to find out if you sumbang or not, and excellent way to improve. Or, just sing to a fren / someone you know. Make sure it's someone who will give you POSITIVE and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (unlike dear Simon Cowell..haha). They can help you improve without putting yourself down. Singing in front of people also gives you confidence.

Singing mesti ada feeling. I did a recording once where I totally concentrated on getting each and every note out and damn, it was uncomfortable and it sounded fake. You'll feel more comfortable singing the song when you feel the meaning of the song.

Singing is not a gift. Everyone can sing. It's a skill which one has to learn. True, some people have naturally good singing voices, but that doesn't mean other people have horrible voices. Lots of singers in the beginning of their careers do not perform well live, but after a year or two in the business they improve..Yeah, they have vocal coaches and all, but this just proves that singing CAN be learnt!

Last of all, PRACTICE! Sing everyday to keep your cords warm. And...HAVE FUN!
undefined
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyanyi kena pandai jaga nafas...

yoga is a good practise here.... heheheh
snapcase227
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ada tips.... ko merokok??? aku usually merokok jenis full flavor.

tapi bila ada event ke nak perform or time nak wat demo, aku tukar jenis rokok aku. aku hisap menthol..... especially salem...

utk aku jadik kekadang....

ni petua bodoh laaa.....

peace.....

www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/2509/music.php

www.myspace.com/lydias_diery

Jump to: