back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Mat Saleh singer/blues-harmonica player Kuang, KL, etc. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
matabiru
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Mat Saleh singer/blues-harmonica player Kuang, KL, etc. Reply with quote

6.4' Mat Saleh singer/blues-harmonica player available Kuang, KL, or anywhere near.
Looking for band. Rock, Blues, blues-rock, jump-blues, Rocking Blues, R&R, anything.... Played in several bands in Amsterdam (Holland) and London (UK). contact: matabiru@dudlow.com
silbi
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bro

hows the search? interested - but i'm soo freakin band with the blues...

one fine day perhaps!
matabiru
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi here,

Well, the search is not so good.....
Can't find anybody. Also can't find places to meet other musicians in or around KL. In Europe people meet at certain clubs, record shops or at the guitar shops. Over here in KL the music shops are all boring and more like a bloody showroom. They don't allow us to put ads up on the wall if you're looking for an band. Am I missing something? Are there other places I don't know about?

REgards.......

silbi wrote:
bro

one fine day perhaps!
zubira
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matabiru wrote:
Hi here,

Can't find anybody. Also can't find places to meet other musicians in or around KL. In Europe people meet at certain clubs, record shops or at the guitar shops. Over here in KL the music shops are all boring and more like a bloody showroom. They don't allow us to put ads up on the wall if you're looking for an band. Am I missing something? Are there other places I don't know about?

REgards.......

bro, u can check this place out: 'The Wall' somewhere near Petaling Street KL..that's the place where u can find other bluesrockers...another place is the one in jalan gasing, PJ and it's called Ol' Skool Bistro ..

silbi wrote:
bro

one fine day perhaps!
GryMlock
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, there's a blues rock nite going on this weekend. check it out!

http://www.malscene.net/vortex/modules.php?name=Calendar&op=modload&file=index&type=view&eid=786
matabiru
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Looks interesting!
pikorionexxes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mat Saleh singer/blues-harmonica player Kuang, KL, etc. Reply with quote

matabiru wrote:
6.4' Mat Saleh singer/blues-harmonica player available Kuang, KL, or anywhere near.
Looking for band. Rock, Blues, blues-rock, jump-blues, Rocking Blues, R&R, anything.... Played in several bands in Amsterdam (Holland) and London (UK). contact: matabiru@dudlow.com

Cool can play such stuff like American Music Club?
E: petsproject@gmail.com

My company: www.myspace.com/pentas
Malaysia BMX Band: www.myspace.com/marionexxes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silbi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="matabiru"]Hi here,

REgards.......

yeah...here ppl arent as 'progressive'...

i remember back in england i got my bass player from an advert that was posted in one of the pubs in my uni...a good place to hook ppl up i might say...

hey, maybe you cud check out all those expats pubs in bangsar or kl? surely some part-time expat / musicians would hang around there...there's a few irish and german pubs around town...i'm sure u'd been to some of them.

or you could just contact Paul Millot, the owner of Paul's Place? He probably could hook you up with some good musicians.

I used to help him with his blues band sometime back in 99...and used to hang out in his house garage studio in bangsar for some blues session. Stilll, dunno if he still remembers me coz that was really a long time ago...

And the blues band played a lot of Kenny Wayne Shepard back the - of course Paul was on drums.

probably somebody here could introduce mr matabiru to Paul?

anyways, we might hold another free jam session with the guys from i-bands sometime soon - probably u could join us. will keep u updated...but we're not really into the blues but i'm sure all the good musicians here could always improvise!

cheers!
pikorionexxes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="silbi"][quote="matabiru"]

probably somebody here could introduce mr matabiru to Paul?

quote]

yeah Matabiru please come to Paul Place this 10th June near by Pearl Point Hotel i can introduce you to Paul Millot. The man with the blues heart like you.
E: petsproject@gmail.com

My company: www.myspace.com/pentas
Malaysia BMX Band: www.myspace.com/marionexxes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jump to: