back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

JASON LO STOLE OUR SONG! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
theFlyingElk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuntressM00n wrote:
can i move this post to the artiste gossip section please?

hmm.. ben does look like someone who collects pokemon trading cards. maybe can make a new thread in the artist gossip section? Ben collects pokemon, instead of continuing it in this thread?

hehehe.. sorry ben Laughing
totziens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...very interesting thread...!!! It's like watching the Cantonese series or those Tamil/Hindi movies. I should consider making a movie out of this and COPYRIGHT it Smile

I got the same feeling as Grymlock when I heard JLo's song on the TV. The first thing came to my mind was "Ben's Bitches!!! What a rip off!!!"

Seriously, I sympatise the victims especially those from the poor underground DIY scene...those who can neither afford Karpal Singh nor his little brother.....those who sell CDs with their own hands and feet.....those who got arrested by police for being accused of drinking the blood of a black goat......those who spend more money than making profit after producing an album......those who got arrested for selling their own albums but DBKL/police arrest them for selling without permit....etc I would be pissed off too if I am being victimised. Who wouldn't?

Bravo to the undergrounders! f**k the commercial assholes!!!
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

totziens wrote:
Hmm...very interesting thread...!!! It's like watching the Cantonese series or those Tamil/Hindi movies. I should consider making a movie out of this and COPYRIGHT it Smile

I got the same feeling as Grymlock when I heard JLo's song on the TV. The first thing came to my mind was "Ben's Bitches!!! What a rip off!!!"

Seriously, I sympatise the victims especially those from the poor underground DIY scene...those who can neither afford Karpal Singh nor his little brother.....those who sell CDs with their own hands and feet.....those who got arrested by police for being accused of drinking the blood of a black goat......those who spend more money than making profit after producing an album......those who got arrested for selling their own albums but DBKL/police arrest them for selling without permit....etc I would be pissed off too if I am being victimised. Who wouldn't?

Bravo to the undergrounders! f**k the commercial assholes!!!

isn't too painful to Fook commercial assholes??? wow so GANAS!! sorry me no interest in anal
totziens
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huntress...now only you know I am "ganas"...hahaha....

Need to release stress lah....hahaha

I am also a former Metalhead into Death Metal, Grind Death, etc about 10 years ago....bad habit is hard to change...hahaha
analogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how? wats the progress? i've been following this thread (among others) and takkan until here je the drama?
theFlyingElk
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

analogue wrote:
so how? wats the progress? i've been following this thread (among others) and takkan until here je the drama?

dude, if you've really been following the thread. you should notice the part that says jason lo called ben, and ben expressed his thoughts about that in this thread. so are there still things worth pursuing?.
analogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i got that. just that, i still dont think jlo should explain himself like that to ben's bitches. if he didnt open his big mouth, as far as people know, jlo didnt do anything wrong, and ben's bitches doesnt have a case and is just another band tryna climb up the 'mainstream ladder' just to get publicity - like 99.9% of the bands/artists out there right now. that is all.
theFlyingElk
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, go listen to some of ben bitches tracks in i-bands. im pretty sure with the kind of music they make, they werent thinking of climbing anyone's 'mainstream ladder' to begin with.
analogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have heard ben's bitches' music. i burned a copy off a friend who got the cd. just pm me if you want me to torrent that for anybody. quite good album. i would categorise their music as "teenage-angst rock". really good marketing strategy and niche if you ask me. there's a lot of angry "indy" kids here who could relate to that kind of music - which i wont be surprised, are 90% of the ppl who actually bought that cd.

btw, when are people gonna understand that when "mainstream" is mentioned, it doesnt always mean *pop* music? please... just because you 'sound' different, it doesnt mean that you cannot / wont be mainstream.
theFlyingElk
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

analogue wrote:
i have heard ben's bitches' music. i burned a copy off a friend who got the cd. just pm me if you want me to torrent that for anybody. quite good album. i would categorise their music as "teenage-angst rock". really good marketing strategy and niche if you ask me. there's a lot of angry "indy" kids here who could relate to that kind of music - which i wont be surprised, are 90% of the ppl who actually bought that cd.

btw, when are people gonna understand that when "mainstream" is mentioned, it doesnt always mean *pop* music? please... just because you 'sound' different, it doesnt mean that you cannot / wont be mainstream.

kau ni confrontational semacam jek. rilek rilek.. ni i-bands forum not some malaysian music forum with a red background Smile. anyway, when you say mainstream the thought of agreeable popular music that is acceptable by the masses comes to my mind. So, Ben Bitches make disagreeable angry music that acceptable for a certain niche. hmm.. mcm ada contradictionla pulak.. so mainstream and a contradiction of mainstream is also mainstream?
analogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha! takda laa saja nak betul kan understanding apa yang aku punya point of view, tu je.

betul lah tu. 'mainstream' is always subjective.

for example, to the natural native musicians in the deep jungle of borneo, ben's bitches' music would be considered as 'mainstream'. very 'mainstream'.

edit: anyway (lari topik pulak! haha!), aku rasa, absolutely *no* musician can say they are NOT climbing the 'mainstream ladder'. the purpose of modern music is in the first place is to showcase one's artform.

NO musician can say "i do music by myself, for myself, and only myself will hear it". musicians tend to do the oppposite of that. which means getting as many audience as possible. and i am sure ben's bitches, being in their relatively established artist stage, have done some kind of promotion to say the least, to widen the audience of their own music.

that, ladies (ada ke ladies here?) and gentlemen, is what i meant by "climbing the mainstream ladder".
yusof
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ello,

saya pun keliru, apakah definasi "commercial music" ataupun "commercial band"? boleh tolong beri contoh band yang BUKAN commercial?
analogue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaaaaa betul. itulah maksud saya (kot?)
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

analogue wrote:
yaaaaa betul. itulah maksud saya (kot?)

hmmm not all musicians are men u know......
are u who i think you are?

hmmm....
analogue
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Page 4 of 5

Jump to: