back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

KL: A guitarist and saxophonist requires a bassist (jazzy). « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xaph
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: KL: A guitarist and saxophonist requires a bassist (jazzy). Reply with quote

Hi people,

My saxophonist and I are only just beginning our band (though we're not beginner players, of course Razz), and we're looking for someone who plays the bass quite well. You don't have to be Billy Sheehan or Victor Wooten, though you must be able to improvise (of course, not the hardcore Super Locrian mode over Dmin7-Gambale type, although that would be amazing Razz) and can easily follow whatever we're playing by ear. If you possess a groove-oriented touch, that would be...err, groovy, heh.

We'll be playing mostly jazzy stuff - jazz standards (e.g. Chick Corea's 'Spain', 'La Fiesta', Miles Davis' 'Autumn Leaves', Dave Brubeck's 'Take Five') oldies ('Stand by Me', P. Ramlee tunes), and occasionally, if need be, some more contemporary stuff (not-so-bad pop stuff like 'Careless Whisper', Santana, etc.), as we will so on determine. Later on we might be playing some of our own pieces too. (The properly-composed kind, not the 'let's bash on our instruments and see what might happen' kind. We might go on into a bit of jazz fusion too.)

It would be greatly appreciated if you understand the concept of playing a three-piece thingy, and know how to work your way around things to make the band sound tight and have a coherent sound, as opposed to wanting to be in the limelight and cranking up the amp all the time.

And just in case you're wondering, I myself am a big fan of metal, but for this band I'll be mellowing down my guitar to play comping parts mostly, to let the saxophone take the light.

We're based around the Ampang area, but KL is nearby if we need to rendezvous there.

Thank you! Smile
surfinv
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

i have the person exactly like u are looking for,...
and guess what? an extra for you, he is the drummer too..
i try to arranging between you and he ok,...

like to see what's next

Jump to: