back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

VIDEO- Live Guitar Solo « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MiN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh...cool videos bros....

nice one.....like the video on Joget....and how we come up with different styles playing the Paul Gilbert part....ive got mine too for Joget but only a room version of me playing when i was younger....maybe i was 23 or 24 then....ermmm....but anyways nice videos bro Bode and Zid....cool
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam wrote:
cool hehe..

fReqZz wrote:
Shocked uuuuuuuu.... orgasmic stuff.....

Thanks adam...fReqZz Smile
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiN wrote:
oh...cool videos bros....

Thanks Min!

nice one.....like the video on Joget....and how we come up with different styles playing the Paul Gilbert part....ive got mine too for Joget but only a room version of me playing when i was younger....maybe i was 23 or 24 then....ermmm....but anyways nice videos bro Bode and Zid....cool

When I played the Joget song, I cant even remember how Paul Gilbert's solo went, so I just played totally what came out of my mind. I'm not a neoclassical player, and dont feel natural playing neo-classical, but somehow in that song, whatever comes out is neoclassically influenced. The tempo when we played live is definitely faster than the recorded version...the drummer played as if he needs to go to the toilet very soon Laughing

Would love to watch your video Min!

Last edited by Bode on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
gapster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea bode ..the neo classical stuff..

what event was that ?

usually most events demand for popular songs ..lol..
why this event ask for SHRED ? and..the event looks like..the money is good too Smile <--assuming

i guess its a nice feeling..shredding(something you and me like) and getting paid for it ..wonder will i ever have the opportunity

aB
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO- Live Guitar Solo Reply with quote

Bode wrote:

Bode - Live Guitar Solo

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away...

adik adik sekelian... itu lah yang di namakan, RAW POWER. kelajuan tapping itu kalau di sambung ke kilang papan, dapat menjana kuasa elektrik yang dijamin dapat mengerakkan mesin2 pemotong menghasilkan ber lori -lori papan keping untuk ekspot luar negara.
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gapster wrote:

what event was that ?

why this event ask for SHRED ? and..the event looks like..the money is good too Smile <--assuming

i guess its a nice feeling..shredding(something you and me like) and getting paid for it ..wonder will i ever have the opportunity

It was a government event...(you can see some clues on the backdrop).
Actually this is one gig where I was being 'unprofessional'...trying to squeeze something in for the sake of satisfaction rather than putting client's demands as priority.
Pay is good...but playing a neoclassical rocking tune loudly (with my 2 Laneys firing directly at the minister's table) does have it's disadvantages when you're paid to play something more suited as 'dinner music'...we were never called back after that...Laughing
(Our excuse was that it's a 'Joget' song, where in reality it's Samad's version of the tune, which is actually playing the harmonic minor scale rather loudly and aggressively...a neoclassical tune disguised as a 'folk' tune just because of it's name Smile )

I learnt my lesson...so after that I conform strictly to client's wants...and you get more jobs Smile
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO- Live Guitar Solo Reply with quote

aB wrote:
Bode wrote:

Bode - Live Guitar Solo

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away...

adik adik sekelian... itu lah yang di namakan, RAW POWER. kelajuan tapping itu kalau di sambung ke kilang papan, dapat menjana kuasa elektrik yang dijamin dapat mengerakkan mesin2 pemotong menghasilkan ber lori -lori papan keping untuk ekspot luar negara.

Thanks bro.
I think everybody is being polite and sympathetic with me. You can see that the playing is bad...there are out of tune bends and vibrato at places...and tempo issues as well.

Thanks very much everyone for your support, despite the quality of playing being rather not so good Very Happy
gapster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
gapster wrote:

what event was that ?

Actually this is one gig where I was being 'unprofessional'...trying to squeeze something in for the sake of satisfaction rather than putting client's demands as priority.
Pay is good...but playing a neoclassical rocking tune loudly (with my 2 Laneys firing directly at the minister's table) does have it's disadvantages when you're paid to play something more suited as 'dinner music'...we were never called back after that...Laughing
(Our excuse was that it's a 'Joget' song, where in reality it's Samad's version of the tune, which is actually playing the harmonic minor scale rather loudly and aggressively...a neoclassical tune disguised as a 'folk' tune just because of it's name Smile )

I learnt my lesson...so after that I conform strictly to client's wants...and you get more jobs Smile

so next time when this situation arises

it would be ..

Option 1 . More Shows . No show offs
Option 2 . Play what i like and show people who i really am . but no jobs in the future . but there's a possibility you get really famous as a shredder eh ?

what will any of you i-bands members choose between those 2 ?

lol..Bode , you will never know..minister looking professional and all (example..YOU ,doctor Razz ) ..after he comes home..the SHREDDER WITHIN AWAKES AND START SHREDDING !!

aB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: VIDEO- Live Guitar Solo Reply with quote

[quote="Bode"][quote="aB"]
Bode wrote:

Thanks bro.
I think everybody is being polite and sympathetic with me.

Duuude!!!! you know the drill... when it comes to LIVE... mana boleh over-critical with the playing. i think ppl are being frank - the 1st impact/impression looking at yr vid-feed - they enjoyed it. hell, I enjoyed 'em Surprised Surprised !!! especially Enter Sandman... the last bit... MOVE OVER EVERYONE (remembered seeing this many years ago, it's as fresh as it was even now... kwool!!!)

btw, LOL with the papan Very Happy Very Happy
Bode
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gapster wrote:
Bode wrote:
gapster wrote:

what event was that ?

so next time when this situation arises

it would be ..

Option 1 . More Shows . No show offs
Option 2 . Play what i like and show people who i really am . but no jobs in the future . but there's a possibility you get really famous as a shredder eh ?

what will any of you i-bands members choose between those 2 ?

lol..Bode , you will never know..minister looking professional and all (example..YOU ,doctor Razz ) ..after he comes home..the SHREDDER WITHIN AWAKES AND START SHREDDING !!

It's cool to play sessions, and you learn a lot, since some producers do push you beyond what you're comfortable.

It's like a cycle I suppose...and at this juncture, I want to play more what I wanna play....rather than be a professional serving clients. Tengok mood la Smile

Jump to: