back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Adam's Music & Stuff = MeatBox,Loser Larry,CarrionDust, « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
adam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Adam's Music & Stuff = MeatBox,Loser Larry,CarrionDust, Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

check it out dudes.peace..

"Angry at Everything"
http://i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=585&song_id=1111&mode=song_hifi

"Ajna"
http://i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=585&song_id=1114&mode=song_hifi

Last edited by adam on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to I-bands Adam!!!

Oh wow!!!!! I really like Angry at Everything!!! Quite emotional music, but very menacing at the same time. Composition is very film-score-epic like...which scores high in my books!!!!

What about Ajna?? Again, very emotional, melodic, kinda reminds me of A Perfect Circle at times, it has a gothic feel to it. Good song. Lovely guitar work!!!

Shame about the production. It is by no means bad...it is good. But it could be better!!! and i also think it needs some bass guitar in there!!!

/ridzi
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

nice songs man..how do u record the acoustic guitar on burns for hire?
adam
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Ridzi wrote:

Oh wow!!!!! I really like Angry at Everything!!! Quite emotional music, but very menacing at the same time. Composition is very film-score-epic like...which scores high in my books!!!!

What about Ajna?? Again, very emotional, melodic, kinda reminds me of A Perfect Circle at times, it has a gothic feel to it. Good song. Lovely guitar work!!!

Shame about the production. It is by no means bad...it is good. But it could be better!!! and i also think it needs some bass guitar in there!!!

/ridzi

Thanks Ridzi! i really appreciate it Smile oh ya! how could i forget about the bass! if you noticed there was only one bass part there in the begining of Ajna.I'm gonna make that song longer by the way.hmm...about the production... any ideas on how to make it better and more solid? thanks again Ridzi.have been a fan of your songs as well Smile
adam
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

omarjamaludin wrote:
nice songs man..how do u record the acoustic guitar on burns for hire?

thanks omar!...oh for that one i used the crappy computer mic.somewhere in the song you could even hear the door slamming.i used Adobe Audition to record that one...the vst plugins are just great.made the guitar sound way better than the initial recording.if im not mistaken ...all i used on that was one of the delay presets to make it sound more stereo.it was kinda hard tho to do the timing on the 2nd guitar cuz i still cant figure out how to use that program properly.i had to save the 1st guitar part as an mp3 and let it play on winamp in the background while i record the 2nd part on Audition. i hadnt meant it to be uploaded but i figured what the heck...thanks dude.
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam wrote:
Ridzi wrote:

/ridzi

Thanks Ridzi! i really appreciate it Smile oh ya! how could i forget about the bass! if you noticed there was only one bass part there in the begining of Ajna.I'm gonna make that song longer by the way.hmm...about the production... any ideas on how to make it better and more solid? thanks again Ridzi.have been a fan of your songs as well Smile

Unfortunately, you will have to spend some money to get a better sound. Adobe Audition isn't really a suitable application for recording.

Maybe you should look into getting Cubase, Sonar or Nuendo as your main sequencer.

You are lucky because in Malaysia, software is easily available - I'm sure you know what i mean Razz (trying not to be specific here, in-case I get into trouble)

You might want to get some better VST's for your guitar sound like Amplitube or Warp VST. Those sound brilliant IMHO, the only drawback is that you will need a relatively powerful PC, say at least an Athlon XP 1800+ with at least 512Mb of RAM.

Also you might want to look in getting a decent soundcard. SBlasters are decent although they have their own problems. No biggies though, the problems all have their workarounds.

Keep up the good work!!

/ridzi
adam
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Ridzi wrote:

Unfortunately, you will have to spend some money to get a better sound. Adobe Audition isn't really a suitable application for recording.

Maybe you should look into getting Cubase, Sonar or Nuendo as your main sequencer.

You are lucky because in Malaysia, software is easily available - I'm sure you know what i mean Razz (trying not to be specific here, in-case I get into trouble)

You might want to get some better VST's for your guitar sound like Amplitube or Warp VST. Those sound brilliant IMHO, the only drawback is that you will need a relatively powerful PC, say at least an Athlon XP 1800+ with at least 512Mb of RAM.

Also you might want to look in getting a decent soundcard. SBlasters are decent although they have their own problems. No biggies though, the problems all have their workarounds.

Keep up the good work!!

/ridzi

Oh...i only used Adobe audition for that one acoustic song because i was at friends house at the time and that was all that was available.On "Angry at Everything" and "Ajna" i used Soundforge.

Oh yeah Cubase and Nuendo.My brother is helping me out with that now on his comp...and yeah you really do need a kick ass pc for those VSTs.
I still have no idea tho about the ReWire thing..it looks simple enough but i havent the time to use Nuendo.Thank god for Reason i can still make some decent music at least.

thanks for the info man.was a big help! gonna mess with Nuendo now!! Smile
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReWire just connects Reason with a host sequencer i.e. Cubase

/ridzi
adam
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

woohoo... im gonna perform with my gf this friday at this beach resort. Me playing the Dumbek/Djembe and she tap dancing/bellydancing.if anyone at Pan Pac,Sutera Harbour this friday please check it out! Smile
GryMlock
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alamak ai. sutera harbour.. kat mana siut? anyway.. good luck dude! don't forget to post some photos!
pali
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sutera harbour kat sabah ba.
hungry
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: nice songs man!! Reply with quote

hey there...good stuff dude....
ajna is really nice..nice guitar sounds and feel man....
mmnn..how do u connect ur instruments for record? cos fer me , onli had minimal things to play wit..so ended up putting a crappy pc-mic near amp and record track by track...i mean , probably thats a teknik paling buruk man..
long way2go fer me.

good stuff dude!

ciausin...
Bode
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the vibe, approach and direction of the music...something really cool, fresh and different. I look forward to more music from you man...keep it coming!
undefined
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard Angry at Everything

the songs is okay.. but i don't like the drum sound, sorry. it's too much sampling. the guitar sound is okay.

maybe because of the limitation of drum pattern, the arrangement is straight forward, and i really dig the middle part of the song. it's like a good combination of the sound there...

all the best okay!
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undefined wrote:
the songs is okay.. but i don't like the drum sound, sorry. it's too much sampling.....

In Adams defence, I think that is such a retarded thing to say....because for example, my drum tracks are all samples too. Does the fact that my drum sounds are all sampled means that my sound is shit?

I undestand where you are coming from, but did it occur to you that it might just be down to the fact that Adam maybe hasn't got better samples?

/ridzi
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Page 1 of 9

Jump to: