back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 We've Heard Too Much Crap..don't you agree? « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
CarrionDust
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: We've Heard Too Much Crap..don't you agree? Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Apr 2004

We don't care so we're just gonna say it. There are so many rip offs here note by note down to the tunings.Have a Listen to ********** <--- did someone in the band...perhaps the guitarist who told the band those riffs were his?and please know that having tiny scratching bits over somebodyelses song does not make it your OWN! Mr. http://i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/***/ <----what the hell was that man!! a whole *********** interlude?! and that other instrumental...its like you ripped off a few songs and put em in one.Anyone else agree? if you guys know of anymore rip offs just list em here.it'll be good for them.or just pm so we don't have to waste time clicking.We don't care if your band is sh*t.if its original ROCK ON.. ok ppl?cheers..

Last edited by CarrionDust on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

hey chill out man, cool down... why are you so fuckstrated? what's it all about, dude? hehe...

Let's not be too specific here, okay? I mean, jgn la kutuk this band, or that band, just speak out in general... tak baik kutuk2 camni, menjatuhkan music scene sendiri...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
grungegirl_soul
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: ntahnyer... Reply with quote

Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Location: Shah Alam,Malaysia

tul ckp pakcik zid tuh...ko nie poetic emotional sgt apesal??
_________________
love is my life but sometimes, life is not what i love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: ntahnyer... Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

grungegirl_soul wrote:
tul ckp pakcik zid tuh...ko nie poetic emotional sgt apesal??

chiss mentang2 la ko muda 7 tahun dari aku, ko panggil aku pakcik yea??...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: We've Heard Too Much Crap..don't you agree? Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

CarrionDust wrote:
We don't care so we're just gonna say it. There are so many rip offs here note by note down to the tunings.Have a Listen to Vespertine <--- did someone in the band...perhaps the guitarist who told the band those riffs (obviously RATM ) were his?GO SUCK BALLS. and please know that having tiny scratching bits over somebodyelses song does not make it your OWN! Mr. http://i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/480/ (In Progress) <----what the hell was that man!! a whole limpbizkit interlude?! and that other instrumental...its like you ripped off a few songs and put em in one.Anyone else agree? if you guys know of anymore rip offs just list em here.it'll be good for them.or just pm so we don't have to waste time clicking.We don't care if your band is sh*t.if its original ROCK ON.. ok ppl?cheers..

Well, you do have a point. I agree with you, there is a lot of mediocre music here. I was once like that. Rileks la ...everyone has to start somewhere.

But it is also not good to come here and insult people like that. You might think its shit, but you might not know that it maybe the very first tune they made that sounded 'musical' albeit similarities with a known song. They might have learned something from the original, structure, melody bla bla bla... If they stick with what they do, in time, they will develop their own formula and style.

I used to be like that. I used to study Metallica songs in depth, dissect it into little chunks, I studied the structures, and even today I do that, especially when i listen to huge songs like Metropolis (Dream Theater) and Call of Kthulu (Metallica) Truly majestic tunes... and i still 'copy' some aspects of the stuff i listen to and adapt it to my own style.

Come on CarrionDust. I'm sure you would be hurt in someway if for example someone insulted you like that. But i think when you have thoughts like that, you should keep them to yourself, try and keep a level head and write your criticsm in a polite and constructive way. Thats how you earn credibility and respect.

Tetapi think about it...kenapa nak memperlekeh-lekeh kan usaha orang lain macam ni...??scene Malaysia baru nak hidup. Don't try and kill it at birth!!

To be truthful, no body is ever original... So chill out and give these kids a break and encouragement. Barula music scene in Malaysia boleh maju!!

/ridzi
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

I think Carriondust, deadzid and Ridzi have got good points and all of you are right at what you feel and think. Though it's unnecessary to be too uptight about this 'lifting' thing, I can understand Carriondust's frustration.

There is only one solution to all these problems..click on my soundclick.com music page, play all my songs and make me go up the charts carrying the Malaysian flag with me. Very Happy

Last edited by Bode on Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
liquidjive
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Dec 2003

hahahha doc, doc, doc!
_________________
<b>[ Call The Paramedics ]</b>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Bloody hell Sam...that's one chilling avatar there...yknow what...I've been collecting all the i-bands forums regulars' avatars since the 'shades and headstock' days and saving it!
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

really doc? is that true? if so, then you should put up a photo gallery of i-bands regulars' avatar up on the net! heehe...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
liquidjive
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Dec 2003

heheh thanks doc!
took a break from work and did it this morning hahaha
btw doc, ada yang masa headstock punya yang lama tu tak? yang matrix tu. gua punya hilang la..... Embarassed

yeah....that would be cool, zid. letak kat i-bands.net punya album pun cool jugak.
_________________
<b>[ Call The Paramedics ]</b>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

buat mosaic one day ngam gak...pastu buat design untuk T-Shirt...Damn...I'll buy one!!!!!

/ridzi
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Ridzi wrote:
buat mosaic one day ngam gak...pastu buat design untuk T-Shirt...Damn...I'll buy one!!!!!

/ridzi

ahh.. you'll buy anything with your name / face on it! hahaha

yeah right, buat mosaic... that would be cool!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hell yeah...why not?? Wouldn't you??? Mr. Green

/ridzi
Back to top
CarrionDust
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Apr 2004

hmm well yeah sorry we didnt think of it that way ridzi and everyone.yeah Bode..frustrated...but we guess we do understand now that everyone has to start somewhere and that everyone has their own heros to look up to.i mean geesh.. sorry bout all that.just needed to vent it someplace.

"I'm sure you would be hurt in someway if for example someone insulted you like that. But i think when you have thoughts like that, you should keep them to yourself, try and keep a level head and write your criticsm in a polite and constructive way. Thats how you earn credibility and respect."

we appreciate it greatly an will keep in mind.we feel so dirty...must wash up with strawberries and cornflake songs.thanks.
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hehehehe rileksss rileksss....as a matter of fact...i just got myself some strawberries...mmm yum....... Razz
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu