back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

We Should Be Proud As Malaysian Underground Musicians « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
negativecreep
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: We Should Be Proud As Malaysian Underground Musicians Reply with quote

How should i start..first of all i would tell the reason why we should be proud as Malaysian Underground Musicians.
Simple cos : Alot of malaysian musicians are better than foreign country musicians

These are all my thoughts.

Okay,the first one..i've been in this one forum that has alot of foreign musician posting their song to the board and share.In my opinion,bands in I-bands.net are alot better than them.I mean seriously,alot better.My honest opinion.Some of those bands in the foreign music forum i went really suck,some has bad vocals and stuff.Maybe in their country,music is just normal thing for them cos they have huge music scene,so they didnt work hard for it.For Malaysian,music is one great thing,all the musicians work hard for it!So the quality is there.I got this friend who is studying in U.S told me,U.S is not really what people think it was,he said he can find very few people who are truly into music and rock scene there are very small,all dominate by Hip Hop and R&B.No matter in country side or place like New York,Hip Hop and R&B have the biggest scene.Its very hard to find great bands like Radiohead,Nirvana,Metallica,Sex Pistols and others in U.S now..So you guys out there!Should be proud that we're Malaysian UG Scene musicians!Work harder,cos you guys all have great quality!
Stompboxes: Pedaltank Power Supply // Joyo Ultimate Octave Fuzz // EHX Graphic Fuzz XO // Om Labs Sahasrara Overdrive // Empress Superdelay // Lazer Delay // Dan Electro Reel Echo // Boss RE-20 Space Echo // EHX Memory Boy // EHX Cathedral Reverb // Korg Pitchblack

Pedalboard: Pedaltrain 2 Hard Case

Guitar: Fender Jaguar Candy Apple Red MIJ

Amp: Fender Twin Reverb Silverface 70's // Vox AC30VR
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word!
GryMlock
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malaysia boleh! Very Happy
adam
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

ya!
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...aku tunggu masa je nak sell-out...
Bode
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man..cant agree more! Aku sekarang dah mengembara ke banyak sites kat internet untuk mempromote muzik aku dan menjelajah mendengar muzik seluruh dunia...and I think I've listened to hell of a lot. Suffice to say, I think I've seen both sides of the coin...the crap ones and all the way to the impossibly great ones. But I too frankly think, the best ones from Malaysia memang capai sama standard dgn the best ones internationally. Very Happy Just that I wish there are more indie musicians from Malaysia yg berkecimpung dlm bidang lain juga macam jazz/R&B/classical/blues/world music/new age etc. etc.
Aku sekarang actually more active kat indiehangout.com, forum international yg mana musicians from all over the world lepak kat situ. Tapi musicians kat sini style muzik dia macam2...semua genre ada(macam yg aku tulis tadi)...but you know what the best thing is? The brotherhood and camaraderie that exists between everyone there...everyone helps and supports everyone...it's like a family. Banyak kali aku check website aku tiba2 ada banyak hits...bila aku siasat ada lah Mat Salleh dari mana2 tah senyap2 dok promote aku,bagi lagu aku kat internet radio tanpa pengetahuan aku...sebab nak tolong aku secara ikhlas. This kind of thing memang jadi kebiasaan kat sana. When I was on myspace I had 1400+ contacts...then after I quit myspace and lost those contacts, my website hits are actually even higher! Mostly thanks to all those great musicians there.
I wish...that kind of camarederie exists in i-bands...esp kita semua org Malaysia kan? Kalau dia org boleh supportive gila2 sama sendiri tak kira bangsa, ugama dan negara...apsal kita tak boleh kan? I thought everybody is crying out Malaysia boleh...but are we helping each other out? I dont think we are that supportive amongst each other sampai ketahap yg aku cakap tadi...but I hope somebody can prove me wrong on that matter.
Anyway...if you think you've got what it takes with your music..then please do go out there and let yourself be heard. It's kinda lonely sometimes carrying the Malaysian flag alone to new territories...join me dudes!
negativecreep
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did,i promoted i-bands in few website...they're kinda shock that we're great!
Stompboxes: Pedaltank Power Supply // Joyo Ultimate Octave Fuzz // EHX Graphic Fuzz XO // Om Labs Sahasrara Overdrive // Empress Superdelay // Lazer Delay // Dan Electro Reel Echo // Boss RE-20 Space Echo // EHX Memory Boy // EHX Cathedral Reverb // Korg Pitchblack

Bode
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negativecreep wrote:
i did,i promoted i-bands in few website...they're kinda shock that we're great!

Kewl man! Sounds like an 'open minded' site! Which site is this?
Oh yes dude...what's your band's url?
negativecreep
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some bands forum..got few bands forum i went..
im the guy with the acoustic project Silent Scenery

negativecreep
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd just promote Lucy In The Loo in www.nirvanaclub.com (one of the site that 'd always visit) cos in the forum they talk about girl bands..

Jump to: