back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

need suggestion for mfx pedals « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
padayappa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do u mean that theres no wah+distortion effect for the tonelab?does this mfx have updates?
spiderfingers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

padayappa wrote:
do u mean that theres no wah+distortion effect for the tonelab?does this mfx have updates?

It does have both but you cannot use both together because the idiots at VOX purposely design it that way or else they cannot sell their V847 wah pedals or amps. hahaha.

If you want to use distortion in TonelabLE, you cannot use the wah pedal.

If you use the Wah pedal, you cannot use the distortions, because they sit in the same chicken switch.

If u use the distortion in Tonelab LE then you need to plug an external wah pedal.

Likewise, if you use the Tonelab LE's wah pedal, you'll need to connect an external distortion pedal like badmonkey/ds1/ts9 instead.

LPPL buang masa aje beli this effect unit.

It is weak in effects department so you might as well go for the GT-10.

If you want good amp modeling, you're better off spending less money and buy a VT-30 or VT-50 because at least those have good speakers built in.

Tonelab LE only practical for PA use. If I have any other amp i'll just stick to individual pedals.

Tonelab is a missed opportunity poorly thought out product even though it has fantastic tone.

They had to balance the feature set properly or else it might cannibalise into their other line of products.

In this aspect they didn't quite do a proper job.

Even at such a discount during sales also I don't think they sell too many of it.

I initially wanted to get it but after factoring in the lack of a decent speaker and it would be redundant to buy another VT series amp, and my microcube's power amp isn't fat enough for the unit, I pretty much dropped the idea.

Now I am more interested in looking for a good affordable tube combo amp.

Think of

1. Laney LC15R (LC15-110)
2. Fender Super Champ XD
3. Ibanez Valbee. (maybe not fat enough)
padayappa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...i do have a ds1 actually but its damn noisy...those trrrtrrrtrrr sound (mcm kat studio jamming x maintain)...i think if i connect ds1 and tonelab it will be noisy as well right?or is it due to my cables?the ds1 is a modded one,according to keeleys schematic by some guy in malacca..
spiderfingers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

padayappa wrote:
hmmm...i do have a ds1 actually but its damn noisy...those trrrtrrrtrrr sound (mcm kat studio jamming x maintain)...i think if i connect ds1 and tonelab it will be noisy as well right?or is it due to my cables?the ds1 is a modded one,according to keeleys schematic by some guy in malacca..

From what I heard a modded keeley should be quieter than the original stock DS-1!

Even if your ds1 is modded according to specs there's no guarantee the modder used the same quality parts and then there's the question of his soldering skills.

if he didn't do a good job, it might cause prolonged heat exposure from the soldering gun to some of the parts he used and might damaged the components, hence causing more noise than before.
padayappa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

owh i should have known that..its so damn noisy and not suitable for live playing at all imo..i think i should ask him back..i tested the tonelab at ckmusic..sounds ok to my ear but i didnt xplore it a lot yet..just a little tweak.so far its good but i never realised bout the wah until u tell me
NaNStrat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padayappa wrote:
owh i should have known that..its so damn noisy and not suitable for live playing at all imo..i think i should ask him back..i tested the tonelab at ckmusic..sounds ok to my ear but i didnt xplore it a lot yet..just a little tweak.so far its good but i never realised bout the wah until u tell me

What is your style of playing? Kalau rock n roll, of course lah yg seketul2 tu...ataupun direct ke amp je....tapi kalau jenis nak main byk genre...seakan-akan seorang sessionist....look to the pros....Aji, Hillary....Boss GT8 (Hillary guna yg seketul2 dan amp bila main dgn Search), Shah Slam...dulu guna GT6 juga, skrg guna Digitech RP500 klu x silap....Isham Swardy....GT8 plus Sans Am (TriAc)...Jamie Wilson...guna GT8 juga....sebabnya.....keluaran Boss....memang sound dia mcm yg seketul2 cuma yg bagus ada noise suppressor dan lain2 mcm amp dan speaker models...dah memang terbukti ok. Sorang lagi, Nan Botak (M. Nasir)...dulu pakai POD XTLive....skrg dah tukar ke GT8, begitu juga dgn si AG Hujan...dah pakai balik GT6....aku dulu beli GT6 Aji...dia pulak beli GT8....tapi selang beberapa bulan dia mintak tukar balik GT6 tu sebab ada satu sound yg tak de dlm GT8...lain benda lebih kurang sama....GT10 tak tau....belum ada yg kata betul2 sedap....
1981 Yamaha Classical
1998 Takamine EG124C

My bands - Zubira, AO Project, UiTM Combo/Symphony Orchestra, No Limit Band
Myspace - www.myspace.com/nanuitm
Email - nanuitm@yahoo.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
padayappa
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...ni soalan yg plg susah aku nak jwb pasal genre..hahaha..kalo org tnye style ape aku main,to be honest i dont really know coz i play whatever i feel like to play..mocca pun aku main gak,lagu2 pop mcm elyana sume tu pun aku main gak,even mariah carey nye lagu pun aku try main gak.. metallica gnr mr big pg vai satch megadeth cob pun aku main gak(bab2 yg ni sloppy sket la hehehh)..so i just want sumthing that have really wide range of music..actually this is bcos battle of the band kat u aku ni focus on radio friendly songs..so will the tonelab suit my needs?

Jump to: