back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 MASTERING « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
huzai
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angsakawan
Angsakawan

ni link ntuk ko, SunOfFrostLight

http://www.pcmus.com/mastering.htm

Quote:

What is mastering?

Mastering is the final step in the recording process, where all the songs are checked for errors and the album is prepared for retail sale.

Jeff
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Let me first say that my post was done in defence of a previous post of a friend of mine who *cough cough* shall be remaine nameless *cough cough*, and who is actually, a full fledged working "SOUND ENGINEER", (GASP!)and who's work i respect a lot. Now you obviously fall very short from that benchmark, and what he does is just something you 'ASPIRE' to do and i dont mean some part time job in some 'broadcasting company' making their coffee and sending their mail.

Now, the reason for that short post was because the truth is, with your very limited knowledge, youre argument was something which falls along the line of 'the sky is not blue', and im afraid i jsut could not take it seriously and for that jest i apologize, but the fact that you went typically overboard with my post, with your racist comments, with deragotary and malicious remarks proves you to have a prejudicial personality, judgemental, extremely ignorant and possess a very myopic view of the world in general. Through my few words you had already concocted a shallow view based on assumptions as to who the people here are suggesting that the ppl here are 'stupid, lack expertise, budak-tak-tahu-bende, etc' which is where you are severely wrong.
I have a mind to lock this thread and not let it degenerate further but i'm sure youll want to rant and rave for a few more posts so ill let it be, though obviously any further remarks from you would only make you look more the fool. So why dont you go hangout with your other kiddie friends and play "i wish i was a (insert profession here)" and stop posting your garbage here.

ps: Lets get one thing straight, I dont care what race you belong to, but we dont welcome racial slander here very well. If you suffer from some superiority complex then i suggest you join some other forum with advocates racial supremacy, like malay-see-ah.com, or Nathagaran.com or UMNO.com or whatever.

alrighty then. Im done. Im not gonna bother replying so all you spectators pegi buat bende lain..takde kerje betul. hahaha.
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alah ku baru je beli popcorn besar punya....caramel flavoured plak tu..

i much prefer to be a spectator these days....hehhe tak gitu Omar???... now Omar... gimme my drink back!!!
ZiNK
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridzi wrote:
Alah ku baru je beli popcorn besar punya....caramel flavoured plak tu..

i much prefer to be a spectator these days....hehhe tak gitu Omar???... now Omar... gimme my drink back!!!

lol Laughing

i have no experience in audio recording, so i'll join you two. carik popcorn jap Razz

http://www.myspace.com/deadzinkc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rg_x2n
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SYHHH!!! jangan bising kat pangung wayang!
rg_x2n
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you guys just do some recording stuff and we see who make the best Very Happy
fReqZz
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha~ by doing.. the "stupid-know-nothing" type like me can learn more... dude, no offence, but seriously aku x tau kejadah ape tu matering.. nasib baik gak ader org tanyer...

aku tau rekord.. pastu past kan org len.. haha..
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aku pun still blur dgn mastering and mixing, aku buat recording pun dgn panduan kawan2 dan tlinga aku jerk...

.....ader la gak bacer skit2 Razz
SunOfFrostLight
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha... I see another usual controversy here, the ones that usually happens in MALAYSIAN forums... You people are such typical jerks...

Back to the topic... Now everyone seems to debate about the meaning of mastering... Your information source and mine seems to collide, thus causing a contradiction.

Let me ask you guys, if thou art wise. What do you guys then define the terms of my source?

P/S: To the spammers, I think you guys are the one who's "terasa pedas" right here. Know why? If you guys weren't, why are you spamming with these "terasa pedas" or even the popcorn thing? You spectate with EYES, not fingers typing on the keyboard. You people are such typical MALAYSIANS, good at showing off nothing. I think if you guys were to meet me in the outside-the-internet world, you might call up gangsters to beat me up eh? MALAYSIANS...
rg_x2n
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunOfFrostLight wrote:
Hahaha... I see another usual controversy here, the ones that usually happens in MALAYSIAN forums... You people are such typical jerks...

Back to the topic... Now everyone seems to debate about the meaning of mastering... Your information source and mine seems to collide, thus causing a contradiction.

Let me ask you guys, if thou art wise. What do you guys then define the terms of my source?

P/S: To the spammers, I think you guys are the one who's "terasa pedas" right here. Know why? If you guys weren't, why are you spamming with these "terasa pedas" or even the popcorn thing? You spectate with EYES, not fingers typing on the keyboard. You people are such typical MALAYSIANS, good at showing off nothing. I think if you guys were to meet me in the outside-the-internet world, you might call up gangsters to beat me up eh? MALAYSIANS...

relax buddy... i guess you're not a malaysian, aiye? nope, we're not gonna beat you to death mate, only people with small brain do/talks like that.

looks like you know a lot of stuff about recording, post la lagu2 ko, mesti best nie... i honestly intrested. what type of music are you into?
SunOfFrostLight
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
Let me first say that my post was done in defence of a previous post of a friend of mine who *cough cough* shall be remaine nameless *cough cough*, and who is actually, a full fledged working "SOUND ENGINEER", (GASP!)and who's work i respect a lot. Now you obviously fall very short from that benchmark, and what he does is just something you 'ASPIRE' to do and i dont mean some part time job in some 'broadcasting company' making their coffee and sending their mail.

Now, the reason for that short post was because the truth is, with your very limited knowledge, youre argument was something which falls along the line of 'the sky is not blue', and im afraid i jsut could not take it seriously and for that jest i apologize, but the fact that you went typically overboard with my post, with your racist comments, with deragotary and malicious remarks proves you to have a prejudicial personality, judgemental, extremely ignorant and possess a very myopic view of the world in general. Through my few words you had already concocted a shallow view based on assumptions as to who the people here are suggesting that the ppl here are 'stupid, lack expertise, budak-tak-tahu-bende, etc' which is where you are severely wrong.
I have a mind to lock this thread and not let it degenerate further but i'm sure youll want to rant and rave for a few more posts so ill let it be, though obviously any further remarks from you would only make you look more the fool. So why dont you go hangout with your other kiddie friends and play "i wish i was a (insert profession here)" and stop posting your garbage here.

ps: Lets get one thing straight, I dont care what race you belong to, but we dont welcome racial slander here very well. If you suffer from some superiority complex then i suggest you join some other forum with advocates racial supremacy, like malay-see-ah.com, or Nathagaran.com or UMNO.com or whatever.

alrighty then. Im done. Im not gonna bother replying so all you spectators pegi buat bende lain..takde kerje betul. hahaha.

Oh is it? Owh I'm scared now... A "sound engineer" you say... How clever is he? Does he teach the world about "sound engineering"? No offence, but somehow you're trying to show that friend of yours could just impress any other sound engineers... Doesn't sound engineers also do their coffees and send their mails? Very Happy

Tell me something, does anyone here did not post their garbage here? With the "makan cili terasa pedas" and the "popcorn" and the "suke ati ko la Labu" thing, what does that resemble? Flowers in the garden, perhaps? Does your typical mind only stick to one idea, and reject the other useful ones? I mean, I was trying to share something in my first post in this thread, and you guys come shooting me as if I am that dumb to you guys that I do not deserve to know anything. You guys aren't using forums to share ideas, you guys came here to show off as if you guys are the only idea generators, and others don't. Especially the ones that thinks different from you guys.

Oh yeah are you a moderator? From your post, I was wondering what kind of moderator are you, though. "degenerate further but i'm sure youll want to rant and rave for a few more posts so ill let it be, though obviously any further remarks from you would only make you look more the fool." eh? I didn't know moderators nowadays are such useless ones. I don't really point out the word "moderators" to all other moderators in the forum except you. Is this the morality you learnt from your school days, from your religion, from your society? Haha I'm laughing right now!

Moderators allowing spectators to spam in the forum. Indeed a very good job from the "moderator". Salutations!
SunOfFrostLight
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rg_x2n wrote:
SunOfFrostLight wrote:

relax buddy... i guess you're not a malaysian, aiye? nope, we're not gonna beat you to death mate, only people with small brain do/talks like that.

looks like you know a lot of stuff about recording, post la lagu2 ko, mesti best nie... i honestly intrested. what type of music are you into?

Oh yeah Mr Fazrul, aku ni pon masih blaja gak. Even university lecturers are still learning. I am a malaysian by nationality, but I am not another typical malaysian who's mind like "katak bawah tempurung".

My music? All kinds. From jazz, blues, rock, metal, pop, classical, country and so on. Somehow right now I'm not doing anymore audio recordings, I'm just into MIDI programming...
rg_x2n
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, relax! you're over reacting...

calm down mate, go do some push up or something, baru kemarahan ko ilang skit... its not like they're said anything about your personal stuff, right?

man sahar ker tuh...?
rg_x2n
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laaaa.... ko ker man, hehehehe, ingatkan saper la... Very Happy
yusof
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otaizam wrote:
actually aku still tak paham terms mixing dan mastering,

apa actually definition kedua2 benda tu dalam recording? mana satu buat dulu? apa benda yang terbabit? siapa? bagaimana? di mana? bila? kenapa? he heh e.... sapa boleh terangkan secara ringkas?

so this is the question?

anyway I am a neutral ibands member and OTAIZAM (mana pulak dia ni? hilang gitu je) this is only intended for OTAIZAM, check out this link.

http://www.computermusictutorials.com/article.php?story=20050915084331821
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 3 of 4

Jump to: