back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

KAMIKAZE - The Return « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: KAMIKAZE - The Return Reply with quote

Kamikaze, currently under the independent label Gothic Records, is well known as the heavy metal/hard rock band who has received AIM recognition for their mixture of hard hitting rock music, guitar prowess of Shamril Salleh and their more commercially successful rock ballads. However, their new album, ‘The Return’, aptly named since this is their first output since the last 6 years, proves that this outfit is much more than that. The title track, ‘Prelude- The Journey’ starts with a whisphery, haunting ethereal vibe which builds up to a climactic lead-in into the next track, ‘Luhur II’. This track takes off from it’s predecessor, ‘Luhur’, but instead of conforming to the same rock ballad formula, ‘Luhur II’ has a darker arrangement which features orchestral textures as its main driving force.
Subsequent tracks ‘Cinta Tanpa Kata’, ‘Beri Aku Cinta’ and ‘Gelap’ will strike as a surprise to those who are already familiar with the band’s well known signature stylings, as these tracks presents the unheard side of Kamikaze, with its lighter, airy melodic rock vibe, though with a faster pace in ‘Gelap’.
‘Jewa Pendeta’ and ‘Wayang’ will bring a smile to the headbangers as these tracks prove not only that Kamikaze has not lost their hard hitting edge in delivering face frying rock music, but has become even better in what they are already well known for.
‘Manusia’ and ‘Cepat Ke Sorga ‘continues with unleashing the yet unheard fresh and uplifting new aspect of Shamril Salleh’s songwriting, while ‘Cerita Kita’ gracefully concludes this musical masterpiece.
This album marks an important transition in the group’s musical direction. The most significant feature of this album is that the songwriting, arrangement and production has matured by manifolds. While the new musical stylings comes as a pleasant surprise and a breath of fresh air, the band’s signature hard rocking tunes not only prove that these guys can still rock, but they can deliver their ‘roots’ better by being armed with more complex and heavyweight songwriting. There are also many treats for guitar fans, as Shamril Salleh’s guitar playing churns out strong melodies while being tastefully interweaved by technical wizardry in the right amounts, leaving the listener craving for more. Like the songwriting, his guitar playing itself has further matured and developed a stronger unique identity, which helps to strengthen his status amongst the country’s premier world class musicians.
My gripes about the album is that I wished Kamikaze had kicked off the album with a heavier track, in order to seamlessly continue where they left off 6 years ago. This approach would have been more welcomed by their old fans, while the group can gradually expose their new direction as the album progresses. Nevertheless, the significantly more mature and refined songwriting/arrangement which were evident in all tracks throughout the whole album more than made up for this slight ‘dissappointment’ for their old followers. If they have loved the old Kamikaze, they would have more reasons to love the new offerings by the band now.
‘The Return’ signifies that Kamikaze has grown older and wiser, but at the same time having the ability to rock it out even harder than in their younger days. I dare say that this is Kamikaze’s best album to date and it signifies a new beginning to another musical journey that would be fascinating to follow.

Last edited by Bode on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
poundcake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah.. doc Bode, dah beli ke ni? Album ni mmg high quality la sound dia.. btw in the grapevine: lepas raya ada album Sham split dengan Man keedal akan release.. something like tribute to guitar heroes.. kesatria bergitar kot.. hehe
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poundcake wrote:
wah.. doc Bode, dah beli ke ni? Album ni mmg high quality la sound dia.. btw in the grapevine: lepas raya ada album Sham split dengan Man keedal akan release.. something like tribute to guitar heroes.. kesatria bergitar kot.. hehe

Yes bro! This album maybe doesnt grab you immediately because it starts with a calm vibe, but it grows on you the more you listen to it as the musicality unfolds with subsequent listens...this is a CD which will stick in my CD player for a long time.

Bro...boley pm balik phone number tak? Lost all the phone numbers...and anyone yg dulu dah bagi phone numbers kat aku, boleh pm kan numbers sekali tak? Thanks bros!
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aku dengan Erylasia pun dah beli album ni. Sound quality mmg superb. Fav track aku ialah 5, 8 dan 9.

Aku dengar ada album khas untuk ramadhan? Sebahagian dari pendapatan album ni akan diderma ke badan kebajikan. Betul ke Bode?
poundcake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ye lah.. bangga and proud Malaysians boleh buat tahap ni..
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IZZI wrote:
Aku dengan Erylasia pun dah beli album ni. Sound quality mmg superb. Fav track aku ialah 5, 8 dan 9.

Aku dengar ada album khas untuk ramadhan? Sebahagian dari pendapatan album ni akan diderma ke badan kebajikan. Betul ke Bode?

Betul...actually aku nak jumpa dia pasal nak support this charity album...apa kata kita ramai2 jumpa sekali ka...poundcake? Kita buat weekend la...boleh ko join. Amacam?
poundcake
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weekend yg ni aku tak balik kl, next nyer before Raya Friday malam tu ada lah.. boleh jugak tu..
Bode
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry lama menyengap...been busy! Still havent had the chance to meet up...he is overseas...I will update here...the bigger the gathering, the better Smile
poundcake
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok bro.. gua tunggu jer..
Bode
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poundcake wrote:
ok bro.. gua tunggu jer..

Malam ni kalau free, jom la join re-union Smile

So far aku, Ajeep, Synthdude, Omar and my ex-drummer Azmil (the drummer in my comical youtube videos!) dah confirm boleh dtg. Venue belum decide lagi...tapi surely dlm Wilayah atau Selangor.
poundcake
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiseh.. rugi wa tak dapat join nih.. amacam re-union tu?
poundcake
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonks001 wrote:
There's also another band named Kamikaze but it's with double "e". I've heard their music as well and think that both are really good and I enjoyed listening to it.
Dentists Sarasotan l Dentist Plantation

what kinda music that Kamikazee plays? similar?

Jump to: