back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

New artist on i-bands « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: New artist on i-bands Reply with quote

Assalamualaikum..

Baru je join i-bands a couple of months ago. I tengah cari musicians untuk buat band, hopefully for the begining of 2005 sebab aku balik Malaysia time tu.

I have uploaded a demo here. Please tell me what you guys think..Please have a listen and sapa2 yang berminat tu contact la.

Click on New Music above, my song is currently at Number #19 (fuiyooooo top 20 akakakakaka)

Ridzi
liquidjive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to i-bands.net bro! Very Happy
madhatter
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A'kum ridzi,

Aku bukan nak offer buat band ngan ko (sbb aku rasa aku tak layak) cuma nak bagitau yg aku suka lagu ko. Awal2 lagi aku dah dl lagu ko. Mmg kemas sound dan playing. Call me old-fashion but takde goreng2 punya stuff ker? Ada material lain tak?

btw, sapa influence terbesar ko?

'No reason to get excited,' the thief he kindly spoke.
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ridzi. Which part of UK are you at now? I was in UK for 10 years (1986-1996 and was in Sheffield for the last 8 years). I guess Suffer the Fall will need to look for a new axeman after your departure huh? Very Happy Anyway, cool tune you got there...tight rhythm playing and a monster guitar tone. Too bad there was some clipping(maybe you exceeded 0dB on your Cubase?) and of course, being digital, the overall quality can sound a bit sterile(but that's not your fault of course....digital recording is to blame for that), but there are ways to overcome that Smile
Anyway, aku bangga tengok engkau sebagai anak melayu diterima oleh Mat Salleh to perform with them...memandangkan mat salleh ni ego tinggi terhadap coloured people...during my stay there, I managed to be active in the Sheffield session circuit...being hired as a freelance session guy...nak cari duit extra la katakan...sure kau paham punyer bro...nak bayar balik Les Paul tu kan? He he...
Anyway bro..please do check out my music too( kalau sudi lah...he he):

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/54/music.php

There are two extra tracks on this site:

http://www.mp3.com.au/Bode'sNoiseBox/

I'm sorry coz my music is more in the vein of 80's Hard Rock/Metal...but I hope you find it entertaining in some way...

LET'S PEDAL TO THE METAL!!!!
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bode/Mad!!

Terima kasih kerana sudi dengar demo saya tu, yes I know there's some excessive clipping there, the clip was done qite quickly, to be honest i havent managed to mix and master it properly yet. I know the guitars sound sterile as hell, but as you said, thats digital technology for you. I usually warm the guitars up with WARP VST and the mastering with T-Racks...which give me satisfactory results.. But sometimes i kinda like that sterileness...Smile

I actually in London now. I just moved to London last September. I came back to Malaysia for 3 months after moving to London sebab aku pun dah lama tak raya la katakan. hehehe.. Before I i moved to london I was in Oxford for 5 years.

Last December I came back to the UK, this is my last 11 months here in the UK. Bohsan aku kat sini asik mendung je 24 jam!!! Besides my other significant other wants to get married, so I am coming home for good lah!!

/ridzi
madhatter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode pun ada... aku ada dengar lagu billy sheehan tu. Impressive! Korang nie kira dah tahap guru la yer. Bagus2. Boleh la aku belajar dari korang.

Ridzi, ko study ke kerja kat UK?

Hoping to hear more from u guys sbb muzik yg korang bawak mmg sama ngan apa yg aku minat.. pure rock n roll.

Ciao!

'No reason to get excited,' the thief he kindly spoke.
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmnn nanti aku ingat nak upload lagu2 aku kat page Geocities aku lah... Walaupun ade bandwidth restriction, ada banyak lagi space.

Aku baru je develop 2 lagu baru. Belum fully finished yet dari segi struktur, tapi aku dah dapat achieve satu sound... i would describe it as raw rock and roll, with a touch of modern metal. I think its much more warmer than NewJam.mp3. Sound NewJam tu sound lama aku...harsh and brutal. These days I much more appreciate low gain guitar settings because you tend to get more note definition that way. Insyallah, Isnin depan aku upload.

Musically aku ni very open minded, but kalau nak cakap biggest influence aku tentula aku cakap Meshuggah, Dillinger Escape Plan, Metallica, Funeral For A Friend, Shadows Fall, Strapping Young Lad, Napam Death, Opeth, In Flames, The Haunted dan band-band yang sewaktu dengannya Very Happy kah kah kah!! (too many to mention!!) Aku bukan tahap guru la...hish nak goreng2 ni aku tak pandai langsung!! Dari dulu aku minat main rhythm guitar. Tu sebab lagu aku banyak polyrhythms.

Aku kerja kat London, sebagai IT Support Officer.

/ridzi
HateCrew
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rasa cam na je topic korang...aku sebenaqnya tak dengaq lagi lagu hang radzi..tapi maybe esok aku donlot kat office aku..sebab aku kat cc ni...tengah lepak kat town(aloq staq yang dah jadi bandar raya) muahhh. apa pon aku tengah excited gila nak dengaq lagu hang ni radzi. tengok influence hang tuh pon dah cun ...lebih kearah swedish metal...rock! aku pon baru lagi layan style2 swedish ni...apa pon tengok lah kalau aku free aku donlot....hang tadak ka cd punya demo..klu ada pass la kat aku...

p/s: member aku sorang ada gak kat london (kat surrey kot)..aku pon tak paham area mana tempat tuh(sebab tak penah pi)..hang try la post kat dia lagu hang...munkin dia minat(org melayu gak...dia study kat sana)

tuh aja...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridzi : Anyway, I loved the tone you got on your tune...I got one patch programmed which sounds like that...it sounds cool when being used to play hard rock/80's metal...gives it a harder edge and new flavour...loved the tightness of your rhythm playing as well...and many people overlook that aspect of playing as an area which demands time and dedication to master as well...

madhatter: Thank you so much for your positive input bro, I appreciate it very much. Alaaa.....apa la guru guru ni...kita sama sama belajar dan exchange tips sama sendiri...aku pun masih belajar dan tak akan stop belajar punyer...selagi ada yg sanggup mengajar atau ada tricks yg aku bole curi!

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/54/music.php

http://www.mp3.com.au/Bode'sNoiseBox/
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode : I have been playing rythm for as long as i can remember... The first riff that made me pick up guitar was the one on Metallica's song 'One' It was the "....darkness...imprisoning me....all i see...absolute horror" riff. I fucking loved that riff when i first heard it...and it was 1988 at the time...I was only 12!!

Since that time I listened to lots of bands, i am an avid fan of Jazz as well, and i like the odd meter rythms taht you can hear in Jazz. Then I had a revelation where I could 'layer' two meters on to of each other. which at that time I had never heard of the theoretical term 'polyrythms' I am kinda happy that I had this revelation by myself, coz now I have a good understanding of it.

6 years ago i came across this band called Meshuggah (Swedish band) I found out about this band in the cover of Singapore's hardcore metal band (Stompin Ground) and decided to check em out. the first songs i heard from Meshuggah was 'New Millenium Cyanide Christ' and 'Sane' and instantly I was shocked and i was in awe!! what i have thought about layering meters was super possible!!! And it works beautifully!!! Heavy as f**k!!

Then came load of other weird bands like Disarythmia, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon and Converge. Polyrythmic playing bands seem so be everywhere like a disease here in the UK and America. Which kinda pissed me off coz i could never realize my vision as a musician...to find a drummer who was prepared to push his abilities to unknown territories..arghhh

so in the end...i just started playing with my PC...it tides me over a bit i guess...but nothing compares to the kick of playing to a live audience. This is want I want to do when I come home.

Jump to: