back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What's your bass? « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: What's your bass? Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

Mine is a 10-year-old Yamaha BB300. Yeah, it's a cheapo -- paid about RM350 for it -- but it gets the job done. You can hear it in action on these tunes:

Two's Always Better Than One
(Play)
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=3299&song_id=8419&mode=song_hifi
(Download)
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/download.php?band_id=3299&song_id=8419&mode=song_hifi

Talk About...
(Play)
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=1024&song_id=2607&mode=song_hifi
(Download)
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/download.php?band_id=1024&song_id=2607&mode=song_hifi

Last Flight Out
(Play)
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=3299&song_id=8505&mode=song_hifi
(Download)
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/download.php?band_id=3299&song_id=8505&mode=song_hifi

Anyway, although I've played Fender Precisions and JBs, the Yamaha keeps surprising me with its playability and versatility. Cool

Last edited by synthdude on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:19 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

i've played a low-end Yamaha bass once and it was great! i looked for the same exact model at the music stores and the price was about RM750! quite expensive for a budget bass i think... this pic was taken during a jamming session in Studio Catchy at section 9, Shah Alam...

_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
synthdude
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: That looks like an RBX170... Cool! Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

Good value for money. Better than the cheaper Squiers IMHO.

In fact, where price-to-performance ratio is concerned, Yamaha musical instruments are hard to beat.

The RBX series, if I'm not mistaken, was designed for metal. The 170's a real piece of work bro! You should be able to knock the price down to about 650.

I have a couple of Yamaha guitars, including Japanese-made ones, which I really love.

But then, even their RM200 Indonesian-made acoustics are terrific value for money.

Cool
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: That looks like an RBX170... Cool! Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

synthdude wrote:

Good value for money. Better than the cheaper Squiers IMHO.

Through the headstock, i can see the laquer/PLY of this bass is thicker than squier MIC model has. . If the whole neck is also laquered this means this bass has bassier body sound than any Squier models.

But is the tuning head stable?

p/s: how to spell leaquer correctly? hehe..
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
adam
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 15 Jul 2004

Fender precision bass
_________________
www.i-bands.net/audiovault/adam
http://sweetlaikamusic.tripod.com
http://www.myspace.com/sushimonk
http://www.myspace.com/flirtingwithsleep
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bassmaster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: my ricky!!!! Reply with quote

Joined: 14 Apr 2005

a realhell groundshakin mama.. smoothasbutta action... stunnin tone... a joyyy to beehold..... and ahh wetdream to play...

Twisted Evil

Last edited by Bassmaster on Sat May 07, 2005 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

fuaa... Sharle D'Angelo (Arch Enemy) uses Rickenbecker if i'm not mistaken... does it suit if you're playing in a metal band??
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

like Marilyn Manson..
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Location: Land of the Head Hunters

A Fender precision bass , though i do use a 5 string ibanez in some of the songs i soemtimes borrow from a friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
synthdude
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Two new tunes with the Yamaha BB300 Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

Tell Her Softly (rough mix)

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=1658&song_id=4076&mode=song_hifi

&

Down 'n Dirty (rough mix)

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/play.php?band_id=1658&song_id=4091&mode=song_hifi

Cool
Back to top
Bassmaster
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: wanna hear me ricky 4003 in action???? Reply with quote

Joined: 14 Apr 2005

chick out this funkbass freekout kalled 'bottoms up'. injoyeee!!!! Twisted Evil
<b>try</b>
<b>freeload</b>
<b>junk fi</b>

mo' better toons heary...
<b>
fat burger (muttonhead on gittar)
fattyfest
fuzzy logik

Last edited by Bassmaster on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
jaaroquai
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Sep 2004

Shocked wooo....ganas la bassmaster!

aku suka arrangement dia...cosmic-sound Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Bassmaster
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: dunkershun jar o' kwai!!! Reply with quote

Joined: 14 Apr 2005

u gott tastte dood!!! 'n you r sharrp as 'n eagle 2!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
kudo
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Location: sheffield, england

5 years old, mexican fender jazz with poplar body. i've gigged with it twice. otherwise, it had been used by my friends in the sessions/gigs we play. just picked the bass up actually. i quite like it, playing the bass in a band, that is.

and i still play with a pick.
_________________
"my small self...like a book amongst the many on a shelf.."

"Welcome to Tube Club. The first rule of Tube Club: you do not talk about solid state." -The Uncle

Back to top
udjinn
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 21 Mar 2005

sweet bass man.. i really like the tortoiseshell on black body look.... u bought it in uk? how much are fenders there?
_________________
APA? KAU MAU KAWIN SAMA KASSIM SLAMAT? SIAPA ITU KASSIM SLAMAT? LAWYER? MAJISTRET? APA? PEMAIN MUZIK? PANTANG DATUK NENEK AKU!
- P. Ramlee, (ibu mertuaku) -
WTS: ESP Amaze J-Five Bass!
udjinn.blogspot.com
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Page 1 of 5

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu