back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Looking for a lead guitarist... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
flistra_escula
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Looking for a lead guitarist... Reply with quote

Good Mourning!

We from HALUN are looking find a new band member, with the said position as mentioned in the title above.

We play strictly Extreme Metal, which is a combination of death metal, goth metal and black metal with female vocals and other embellishments (violins, cello, er-hu, flute, etc) with influences ranging from Cradle of Filth, Dark Tranquility, Tristania (old), The Sins of Thy Beloved (r.i.p) and other Norwegian Black/Goth bands.

We usually jam at around Jln Klang Lama/PJ/Bangsar area, and we don't stick to one studios very long so that's why all respective candidate MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORT to go around. No Carpools will be given. Sorry... Crying or Very sad

Our other requirements are as follows:

a) Must have A GOOD EAR. Meaning you must be able to master songs from our debut Album just by listening to it (but we will separate all the guitar tracks for you as also burning a copy of the finished products to facilitate your learning). Smile

b) Capable of getting along within the band. Meaning that we will say NO, NO, and NO (no offense Amy Winehouse, hehehe!) to those with GUITAR HERO ATTITUDE. However, we will accept whatever influences that shape your playing styles. Rolling Eyes

c) Must be TOTALLY COMMITTED to the band activities (only 2 hours per week for a full band rehearsal, and one day in the weekend for a personal coaching session -optional-). Very Happy

d) The respective must also HAVE OWN EQUIPMENT. We don't play standard tunings, ever! Oh, and we also don't have our own studio, enough said... Mr. Green

e) Okay with our music, stage persona, band concept, directions and philosophy (check us up at: www.myspace.com/thetruehalun). We are a serious band so if you're okay with that, you can contact us. We need you to seriously consider your decisions so that means do not contact us before you've listened to our stuff and understood our concept and image! Wink

f) COMMUNICATION IS IMPORTANT. If you're the type that ALWAYS SWITCH-OFF YOUR HP? DON'T BOTHER contacting us. Evil or Very Mad

g) If you have a day job, we prefer those with normal working hours. If your job demands constant O.T.? Irregular working hours? Operating on shifts? Too bad... Sad

h) Financially stable. We always collectively pay for our rehearsal studio fees, how cool is that? Cool

Currently our band comprises of 6 musicians, ranging from one male vocalist/violinist/cellist/erhu player (handled by my good friend Luke), one female vocalist, one bassist, one lead guitarist, me (Saiful) on the keyboards and one drummer. Our debut LP is already in circulation and we've been practising 7 out of 11 songs per week at the time of writing so that means you need a lot of work and time to get into our songs (horror! Horror!) Shocked

Contact either one of us on the hp for further information

Luke : 0193835083

Saiful: 0126763052

And we hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance. Razz

Regards,
Saiful @ Silenced Minstrel of Halun
email: flistra_escula@yahoo.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eniQma
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Korek

good luck Halun !!

If METALLICA Kill em' ALL
Facebook kill I-bands.net... true story
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jibraun
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halun mcm Harun sebutan olang cine ke?...
Kidding...

I want to join but time is my big problems...Work 12 with 1 monday off..
Huhuhuhuh
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a lead guitarist... Reply with quote

flistra_escula wrote:
Good Mourning!

We from HALUN are looking find a new band member, with the said position as mentioned in the title above.

We play strictly Extreme Metal, which is a combination of death metal, goth metal and black metal with female vocals and other embellishments (violins, cello, er-hu, flute, etc) with influences ranging from Cradle of Filth, Dark Tranquility, Tristania (old), The Sins of Thy Beloved (r.i.p) and other Norwegian Black/Goth bands.

We usually jam at around Jln Klang Lama/PJ/Bangsar area, and we don't stick to one studios very long so that's why all respective candidate MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORT to go around. No Carpools will be given. Sorry... Crying or Very sad

a) Must have A GOOD EAR. Meaning you must be able to master songs from our debut Album just by listening to it (but we will separate all the guitar tracks for you as also burning a copy of the finished products to facilitate your learning). Smile

b) Capable of getting along within the band. Meaning that we will say NO, NO, and NO (no offense Amy Winehouse, hehehe!) to those with GUITAR HERO ATTITUDE. However, we will accept whatever influences that shape your playing styles. Rolling Eyes

c) Must be TOTALLY COMMITTED to the band activities (only 2 hours per week for a full band rehearsal, and one day in the weekend for a personal coaching session -optional-). Very Happy

d) The respective must also HAVE OWN EQUIPMENT. We don't play standard tunings, ever! Oh, and we also don't have our own studio, enough said... Mr. Green

e) Okay with our music, stage persona, band concept, directions and philosophy (check us up at: www.myspace.com/thetruehalun). We are a serious band so if you're okay with that, you can contact us. We need you to seriously consider your decisions so that means do not contact us before you've listened to our stuff and understood our concept and image! Wink

f) COMMUNICATION IS IMPORTANT. If you're the type that ALWAYS SWITCH-OFF YOUR HP? DON'T BOTHER contacting us. Evil or Very Mad

g) If you have a day job, we prefer those with normal working hours. If your job demands constant O.T.? Irregular working hours? Operating on shifts? Too bad... Sad

h) Financially stable. We always collectively pay for our rehearsal studio fees, how cool is that? Cool

Currently our band comprises of 6 musicians, ranging from one male vocalist/violinist/cellist/erhu player (handled by my good friend Luke), one female vocalist, one bassist, one lead guitarist, me (Saiful) on the keyboards and one drummer. Our debut LP is already in circulation and we've been practising 7 out of 11 songs per week at the time of writing so that means you need a lot of work and time to get into our songs (horror! Horror!) Shocked

Regards,

BUMP!! The position still open..
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a lead guitarist... Reply with quote

flistra_escula wrote:
Good Mourning!

Regards,

Bump!!
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thread closed. Guitarist have been found.
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread is opened again. Anyone interested 2 become the guitarist?
Jiro
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Romance Not In Fashion
http://www.facebook.com/romancenotinfashion
http://www.myspace.com/rxfband
http://www.reverbnation.com/romancenotinfashion

"A mix is never finished, it’s abandoned."

My Page:
http://www.facebook.com/cjrxf
https://twitter.com/cjrxf
http://greg-livingatthemovies.blogspot.com/
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing can I expect more. this is Malaysia.. where most people can't think of music as a professional thing..
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to that..
Quote:
We usually jam at around Jln Klang Lama/PJ/Bangsar area, and we don't stick to one studios very long so that's why all respective candidate MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORT to go around.

Quote:

c) Must be TOTALLY COMMITTED to the band activities (only 2 hours per week for a full band rehearsal, and one day in the weekend for a personal coaching session -optional-).

This has changed. HALUN now have their own studio at Cheras area. Practice session will be on Saturday 2pm till fade out.
Jiro
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ure right...but i think its time to learn to understand terms "music for fun" and to get know 70% people dont want to change their world just for band.. Smile

anyway...gud luck looking for true mates Very Happy

Romance Not In Fashion
http://www.facebook.com/romancenotinfashion
http://www.myspace.com/rxfband
http://www.reverbnation.com/romancenotinfashion

"A mix is never finished, it’s abandoned."

My Page:
http://www.facebook.com/cjrxf
https://twitter.com/cjrxf
http://greg-livingatthemovies.blogspot.com/
Lukas Belial
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music for fun.. Football for fun.. Nothing serious.. Nothing to be proud of.. Nothing achieved.. and nothing can change that mindset.. who am i to complain then? haha... jz stay away n proceed with my goal..

I'm crazy and I love it.
Twisted Evil

Jump to: