back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Two bands need members. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jonathanng
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Two bands need members. Reply with quote

Two bands

Band no.1
Five members. We have a guitarist and a vocalist. All we need now is a [pianist] (not keyboardist), a [drummer] and a [bassist].

- three chord band. <- Anyone to think this is easy, i will punch you in the face.
- songs can reach up to 9 minutes. A mix of loud soft dynamics, super fun rhythms, and beautiful imagery painted by the words
- the vocalist/writer holds the highest responsibility
- we're aiming to win over the consciousness of Malaysia
- chances of artistic success guaranteed, also with cult-following, commercial? probably never but hard to say
- experiment is a bad word
- improvise + simplify = good words
- surrealistic lyrics with scats, repetitive nonsense, and gibberish
- provocative, controversial
- rock n' roll. Soul. Black music. Old black music. Rolling Stones.

Band no.2
Four members. This is for me. I'm the principal songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist. I need a lead guitarist, a drummer and a bassist.

- i'm looking for versatility (would you know what to do with a soul-inspired song or a folk song?) and personal style (you play the way you play and you know that it works)
- safe choice - them Malay boys who can rock The Times, Couple, Meet Uncle Hussein and all things indie easily
- no thank you shredders, metal heads, and grunge boys (Sorry. Nothing personal. Just music)
- we're not doing The Times, Couple or Meet Uncle Hussein, you ARE
- amazing lyrics. I already have songs. Some based on fictional stories and characters. Some based on real situations. Leaves room for many interpretations. But overall, 100% kickbutt. Wide-eyed. Cynical. Fun. Malaysian. Angry. Surrealistic. Political. Intelligent. (some level of thought went into the writing not BABY YOU SO SEXY LOVE ME PLEASE)
- fun, laidback, sex, drugs, improvise, and experiment are bad words
- soul-baring, serious, mechanical, systematic, fierce, traditional are good words
- soul, powerpop, punk, songwriter, rock

Audition - Just call Jonathan at 0136474030.
- about 30 minutes or so to convince me that you have what it takes. And another 30 minutes of questioning
- chances of rejection very high so please do your best to convince me. I rather have both bands NEVER taking off than have some half-arsed forum poster wasting my time.
- be special. know you're special. then, call me. Take music seriously. Laugh about it away from it. PLEASE.

Jump to: