back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic
 New Toy!!! « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: New Toy!!! Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

Since Ridzi took back the white Yamaha, I needed an electric which I can play comfortably siting down, not that my LTD is no good, but after a while putting in between you legs...it gets kinda awkward.... anyhow, I bought this cheap Ibanez GSZ120.

The Lowdown
GSZ neck (25.1 inch scale)(bolt on)
Basswood Body
Medium frets
Full Tune II bridge
STD-H1 (H) neck pu
STD-H2 (H) bridge pu

Overall, it plays great, considering the price I paid for this baby, and to be quite frank, I was really happy with the tone it produces, both on the bridge and the neck. the bridge pickup produces a tone almost identical to my LTD V100 (which is fitted with Duncan designed HB102). The neck pickup gives an immaculate bluesy tone (of course I can't really blues for shit, so take it for what its worth..hahaha). Due to the shorter scale, it is quite easy the do bends and pull off those neat vibratos if you are used to play a 25.5 inch scale (I never played a 24.75" guitar ever).

One complaint though, It doesn't stay in tune very well due to the cheap ass tuners...well, planning to change those anyway...

_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

beli kat mane
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

Bentley....
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

berapakah harganye?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

uh...about RM600++ Gitar Ibanez murah-murah sekarang ni, dalam RM1000 lebih sikit ko buleh dapat Mahogany body + set neck + duncan pups....
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
suicide-by-overdrive
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Petaling Jaya/TTDI Kuala Lumpur

kewl.....mcm sz series yg marty pakai.
ah daniel...sbb ko dah pergi bentley, sz 320 berapa ah dia jual skang?
_________________
http://suicide-by-overdrive.fotopages.com
Back to top
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

SZ tu tak silap aku la below 1200 je, tpi hari aku pegi tu takde stok... kalu tidak aku consider jugak...
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

that toy rocks my butt!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

deadzid wrote:
that toy rocks my butt!

dude...seriously..as if you're a porn star describing some anal sex toy or something ha ha
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pali
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Jul 2004

omarjamaludin wrote:
deadzid wrote:
that toy rocks my butt!

dude...seriously..as if you're a porn star describing some anal sex toy or something ha ha

lol.. seriously, that's funny! Smile
_________________
"life is what you make it"
Pali'sProject
TERUBOZU*on drums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

omarjamaludin wrote:
deadzid wrote:
that toy rocks my butt!

dude...seriously..as if you're a porn star describing some anal sex toy or something ha ha

Uh.... that just destroyed the guitar for me....
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
pali
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Jul 2004

haha daniel.. kesian ko!

jadi tolak la gitar tu kat zid for rocking his butt hehehe Smile
_________________
"life is what you make it"
Pali'sProject
TERUBOZU*on drums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

dah blunt end plak tu .. needs plenty of lube dude..
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chamber09
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 May 2005

huyoo..sz320 below 1200??aritu dalam 4 bulan lepas 1600
_________________
ESP SV
LTD F 200
Jackson RR5
-EMG-
www.myspace.com/satanicsm
Back to top
ammirhafzan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Location: International Hill KL

just got lucky when marty friedman clinics session. i got the SZ series for the lucky draw. Mcm tak caya lak. Siap dapat sign Martykat body gitar tu, tapi dah pudar psl dia pakai marker cikai ...anyway thanks marty. gitarlain yg ada Ibanez RG 470, 570, Yamaha RGX112, Squire Start, & Les Paul copy
_________________
Axes --> Washburn Dime, Ibanez SZ520, Ibanez RG470, Squier Strat
Shields --> Line 6 PODxt Live, DS-1, Digitech Death Metal, DD-3, GE-7, Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Armory --> Randall RG100SC, Peavey Shefield 100wt, Marshal valvestae 80.
Misc --> Ritter guitar bag, Gator soft case for mfx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu