back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Your current favourite strings... « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
synthdude
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Your current favourite strings... Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

<b>Mine:

Electrics: D'Addario EXL110 (10-46)

Steel-string acoustics: Yamaha Brass Wound (12-53... they last & last!), D'Addario Great American Bronze (11-52)

Nylon-string acoustic: D'Addario Classic Nylon

Resophonic guitar: D'Addario Phosphor Bronze Light

Mandolin: Ernie Ball Medium Gauge

Bass: D'Addario EXL 170 (45-100)

Back to top
Erylasia
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Location: Kuala Terengganu

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

D'Addrio's 9-42's
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
afiqme
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 05 Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur

MetalSkeletor wrote:
D'Addrio's 9-42's

yap .. D'addario EXL120 .. 9-42..

tgn aku kecik.. hehe!! pakai 10 mau berdarah tgn aku.. hehe!! Wink Wink
_________________
Entwistle custom guitar pickups - Click here!

Private guitar lesson - Batu Caves/Gombak/KL/Shah Alam:
http://afiqmemusic.blogspot.com

My other blog: Click here!
Back to top
Erylasia
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Location: Kuala Terengganu

berdarah....hahahaha....
_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/erylasia
http://www.facebook.com/erylasia
http://www.myspace.com/erylasia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karbaid
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 May 2004
Location: Workplace: Kluang..... Hometown: BP

- banjoe.....
Back to top
chamber09
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 May 2005

rotosound 10..for sure! Very Happy
Back to top
gapster
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Mar 2005

i love 8's ernie ball super sliky Cool
_________________
gapnap.com

Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Now i'm using fender Super Bullet 10-46 for my new fender guitar and i like the flat EQ of the string. I think its a good match with my swamp ash body sound which is bright.
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
synthdude
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: A Fender with a swamp ash body? Sounds intriguing! Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

Hey Izzy, tell us more about your new axe dude! Cool
Back to top
that_vendor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 25 May 2005

mine;
regular slinky 10-46 or boomers 11-52... Wink
_________________
[ t h a t v e n d o r ]
Back to top
chamber09
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 May 2005

ghs not band...sound nak dekat roto gak..and mudah didapati..hehe Wink
_________________
ESP SV
LTD F 200
Jackson RR5
-EMG-
www.myspace.com/satanicsm
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
A Fender with a swamp ash body? Sounds intriguing!

Hey Izzy, tell us more about your new axe dude!

its 2nd hand. Acctually its not an original fender but a custom one..hehe.. Here is the basic description of my new axe.

The neck is a Fender made in Japan(lefthanded). 21 fret, rosewood fretboard, vintage fretwire and has 7.5 radius(i hate 7.5!). Its a 62 reissue neck with NCL laquered(current Fender using PLY laquered). The nice thing is the reversed headstock..hehe..

The body is a 3 tone Sunburst made from Shiro guitar manifacture that exactly copy fender's 60s spec. It look very old with many scratch. I've been told that the Shiro(Japan), Tokai(Japan) and another brand of strat copy, Blade(switzeland) , was sued by fender in early 80s for copying their strat without any changes to the measurement. But i dont know the truth of this.

The guitar comes with a vintage look of takamine electric guitar case. I bought them from a collector.

So far i'm happy with the guitar and the sound.. but have to change a bit of my playing style to suit with sigle coil style of playing.. hehehe.. kalau tak sound yg keluar sangatlah tidak bermaya..hehe
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

RM ??
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RM..tut!
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu