back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Variax 600 offers 25 historic guitar sounds « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
synthdude
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Variax 600 offers 25 historic guitar sounds Reply with quote

Line 6's Variax 600 modelling guitar features a comfort-contoured body, single-piece maple neck and fingerboard with rolled edges for a vintage feel, six-on-a-side headstock, custom tremolo bridge, 22 medium profile frets, 25 1/2" scale length, and a 9 1/2" fingerboard radius. Variax 600 takes the same technology and sound from the award-winning Variax family and puts over 25 historic guitar sounds into a professional grade instrument with a classic look and feel.

Within Variax 600 is Line 6's patented guitar modeling technology, which can reproduce the sounds of a variety of well-known vintage electric and acoustic guitars, in addition to other guitar-related instruments, such as a resonator, banjo, and electric sitar. Modelled variations include solid-body, semi-hollow guitars, and hollow-body electrics with single-coil and humbucking pickups, as well as, several six- and twelve-string acoustics.

The all-new design of Variax 600 was crafted for the professional guitarist who wants incredible flexibility all in a primary instrument that works just like a traditional guitar. In addition to the standard volume and tone controls, there is a model selector knob and a 5-way selector switch, which changes the guitar models and selects the pickup position. The characteristic tone and volume control responses of each electric model are also replicated, creating instant familiarity for guitarists.
Advertisement

Variax 600 has a standard 1/4" output that easily connects to any guitar amp or pedalboard setup. In addition, Variax 600 can also be digitally connected to Line 6's Vetta II amp or PODxt Live. Now it's possible to create patches that incorporate Variax guitar models with the amp, cab and effects models provided by Vetta II or PODxt Live. Musicians now have access to virtually any guitar/amp/cab/effect combination with just the press of a footswitch. Variax 600 is also compatible with Variax Workbench, the world's first virtual guitar custom shop for Mac or PC. Variax 600 is available in 2-tone sunburst, vintage white, blue, and black finishes. Includes custom-fitted gig bag, TRS cable, and XPS A/B footswitch/power supply box.

MSRP US$1,119.99 <i>(Source: Harmony Central)</i>
IZZI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its coooooll and damn 'cheap'!!
Erylasia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

aku suka bentuk dia,..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gapster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally tried it before..

the tone modelling is awesome..

however i think this is just a studio recording guitar..

if you take 1 of this guitar to the stage and play metal you will look like a faggot *the guitar is ugly

kudo
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this out.

Quote:
Why do a Variax Transplant?

The owner of this Variax is a recording musician who values the Variax for the wide range of guitar sounds that it can produce. He was however frustrated by the feel of the guitar itself. His favourite guitar to play is a Nash Telecaster from US custom builder Bill Nash, so we decided to replicate the feel of the Nash but with the sounds of the Variax...

read more about it here.

"Welcome to Tube Club. The first rule of Tube Club: you do not talk about solid state." -The Uncle

Jump to: