back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Cr-amp, yet another tube amp simulation (with multidelay) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
johnno k
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Cr-amp, yet another tube amp simulation (with multidelay) Reply with quote

Yep, I'm pretty big on delay usage. Anyways this is another one of those tube amp simulations. It can be adjusted for how much clipping you want, maximum bias gives symmetric clipping, 0 bias gives rectified output (only upper half of waveform passes), this can also be set to a negative value, beyond rectification point. Speed and capacity let you regulate power supply conditions (auto-modulation of distortion characteristics by loud output. Lowering capacity makes this more pronounced. Lowering speed (series resistance) of the power supply makes it recover more slowly from this condition. Selecting kink produces a central dead zone, similar to crossover distortion caused by an underpowered tube push-pull output stage.
The multitap is intended for short audio frequency delays found in acoustic musical instruments and speaker cabinets. Specify the L1, L2, L3 in inches. Max length of 6160 inches (delay is double, 12320). Feedback at 0 is a single delay. Damping introduces low-pass filter into the feedback path. simulating absorption of high frequencies by reflective surfaces and the air itself. Lowest cutoff is 200hz.

http://monolofiminimal.kicks-ass.org/files/Cr-amp.dll

PS - I'm still working on it. Oh and yeah, if you are confused about what this is, it's a VST effect and you put the dll in your shared vst plugins folder. I will add more features in it [or not] since I don't want to make my vst's too bulky (they seem to be over 2 megs for even my simple one's heh)

Jump to: