back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

The James Burton Telecaster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
synthdude
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: The James Burton Telecaster Reply with quote

Quote:

Fender's newly re-designed James Burton Signature Model Telecaster guitar with a hot rod paisley flame finish that, like the legendary guitarist himself, is in a class of its own!

Long known as the "Wild Man of Telecaster Guitar", Burton boasts a distinguished list of gigs with the likes of Dale Hawkins, Ricky Nelson, Glen Campbell, The Everly Brothers, Merle Haggard and Buck Owens, to name just a few. And of course, there was the gig as guitarist for Elvis Presley...

Throughout his 45 years in the recording business, Burton's unique sound, exhausting work ethic and love of music has solidified his place as one of rock 'n' roll and country music's greatest musicians. In 2001, Burton was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and as long-time fan and Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards notes, "I never bought a Ricky Nelson album, I bought a James Burton album."

The new James Burton Signature Model Telecaster guitar features a poplar body with a stunning Paisley Flame Finish over Black. The neck and fingerboard are both maple, and it has a '60s "U" shape profile with 9.5" radius and 21 vintage frets. The three single-coil pickups have been designed to meet James' own exacting specifications, and they are controlled by a special S-1™ switching system and 5-position blade.

The new James Burton Signature Model Telecaster guitar is available with Red Paisley Flames over Black, Blue Paisley Flames over Black, and Pearl White. US MSRP is $1,999.99

Raggy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Burton rules!!

The man is one of my heroes. He's got a very tasteful way of expressing himself on guitar, somehow he can fit all sorts of guitar licks into all sorts of songs and let the guitar shine while supporting the song.

His work with Elvis' band was outstanding. It's a pity in a way that Elvis was so great he was THE King, people don't realize he had some of the best musicians in his band.

Superb country, rock&roll, blues licks and lots and lots of tiny "ghost" touches on the guitar, that's James Burton. I've spent dozens (?hundreds) of hours trying to learn some of his licks, and some of them are impossible!!!!! Anyone here can claim to be able to play his solo from he song "See See Rider [C.C. Rider]" from the "Elvis- Aloha in Hawaii" live album at the original tempo? All sorts of delicate touches and twists and turns of phrasings in one high-tempo song!

One reason i bought the Tele from Riki here was to play James Burton licks Smile

I read somewhere he uses really light strings...super-light gauge. like 007.
Or lighter? !!!

Jump to: