back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

A Very Good Indian Sales Man « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sorcerer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: A Very Good Indian Sales Man Reply with quote

Read till the end....Really something to ponder....

An Indian Salesman

An Indian moves to Montreal and goes to a big department store looking for a job. The manager asks, " Do you have any sales experience?" The Indian says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home". Well, the manager liked the young man, so he gave him the job. " You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did, but let me give you a bit of advice. If a customer comes looking, say, for toothpaste, you might suggest for him a toothbrush, or shavingcream etc. you get the idea?"

"Of course," the young man said.His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down.

"How many sales did you make today?

The Indian says, "One"

The manager groans, "Just one? Our sales people avg 20 30 sales/day. How much was the sale for?"

The Indian says, "$101,237.64."

The manager exclaims, "What? $101,237.64? What did you sell him?"

The Indian, "First I sold him a small fish hook.Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Pajero."

The manager says "You mean a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and truck?!"

The Indian says, "No, no, no, he came in here to buy a box of Kotex for his wife and I said, "Well, since your weekend's already screwed up you might as well go fishing."

Jump to: