back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

15 minutes is all you have « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aB
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: 15 minutes is all you have Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad $%@^$ Evil or Very Mad !!!!! baby's cryin', wife's naggin', in-laws visitin', room's a total mess, roof's leakin', toilet flush needs mendin', everything's stinkin' , it's 2 minutes to midnight you badly need rest and tomorrow da bleedin' boss' gonna hammer you for missing those deadlines. YET, the mojo in your fingers can't stop itchin' until they get their dose of heat rubbing onto that rosewood neck and bending a few rude tones on those 0.09 & 0.11s @ 22nd fret.
15 minutes is all that you have. Whadayya do? Infact, 15 minutes for the whole week, whadayya do?

Anxiety would usually get the best of me, macam 'malam pertama' Shocked . Though there would be 'systematic warm up/foreplay routine' and some 'melodic phrases' playing calmly in my head, i'd end up blurting dirty & silly 1000notes per sec solos going up & down the pitiful neck playing unmusical chromatic scales dengan gelojohnya for 14 minutes. The last one minute i'd be so static and numb having worked those knuckles & joints into a frenzy. Nothing gained but sheer frusturation (another failed Michael Angelo Batio/Django Reinhart attempt) and a complete waste of valuable time. Just when "ilham" came and i was about to strum that big-sounding lushful open chords... 'knock knock' ... times up Sad

i'd do better next time hopefully.

Wanna share what you guys would do in that precious 15 minutes moment???
stratopedia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 minutes...

Play over some 12 bar blues backing track. Yang ada build up punya (macam Santana) so that last² tu buleh high.

Twisted Evil
MiN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see....the first 2 minutes will be warm up sessions....playing slow exercises.

the next 10 minutes will be burning the neck with legatos and alternate picking....the others will be just trying to come up with some melodic phrases....i guess thats it for 15 minutes....
Bode
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 minutes is all you have Reply with quote

aB wrote:
Evil or Very Mad $%@^$ Evil or Very Mad !!!!! baby's cryin', wife's naggin', in-laws visitin', room's a total mess, roof's leakin', toilet flush needs mendin', everything's stinkin' , it's 2 minutes to midnight you badly need rest and tomorrow da bleedin' boss' gonna hammer you for missing those deadlines. YET, the mojo in your fingers can't stop itchin' until they get their dose of heat rubbing onto that rosewood neck and bending a few rude tones on those 0.09 & 0.11s @ 22nd fret.
15 minutes is all that you have. Whadayya do? Infact, 15 minutes for the whole week, whadayya do?

Anxiety would usually get the best of me, macam 'malam pertama' Shocked . Though there would be 'systematic warm up/foreplay routine' and some 'melodic phrases' playing calmly in my head, i'd end up blurting dirty & silly 1000notes per sec solos going up & down the pitiful neck playing unmusical chromatic scales dengan gelojohnya for 14 minutes. The last one minute i'd be so static and numb having worked those knuckles & joints into a frenzy. Nothing gained but sheer frusturation (another failed Michael Angelo Batio/Django Reinhart attempt) and a complete waste of valuable time. Just when "ilham" came and i was about to strum that big-sounding lushful open chords... 'knock knock' ... times up Sad

Lol! Laughing
Good to know that somebody else's so-called 'guitar time' is non-existent as mine! Laughing
zubira
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 minutes is all you have Reply with quote

aB wrote:

don't worry dude..the time will come when u gonna hv more than 15 minutes...i got mine after my kid was 10yrs old..abit late but i hv been enjoying it now..6 years already..hehe never too late la for music...
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha good one...

usually i'll have a glint of a chart-busting pop-punk-rock tune in my head as a lay in bed...hahhaa.. then thinking of having to wake up early for work makes me battle it out in my head wether i should get out of bed and start playing guitar...

in the end nothing gets done, either writing that chart busting pop-punkrock tune, or sleep.

so either way im fucked. Laughing

/ridzi
silbi
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quick solution to that...

whenever ideas struck - record it in whatever sound recorder u have....

the easiest prop would be to record it into your handphone or mp3 player which has recording capabilities...coz great tunes are normally easily forgotten...

paul gilbert once told us in his w/shop here that van halen has a recording studio in his loo...to record any ideas when he's doing his thing there....hahaha
zubira
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silbi wrote:

U r absolutely right Silbi...that's what i've done few years back..over 30 songs done that way by just using the usual tape recorder ..out of which, 10 hv been recorded in the studio so far...

idea tu kalu dibiarkan, mmg sure lupa punye...
aB
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridzi wrote:
...in the end nothing gets done, either writing that chart busting pop-punkrock tune, or sleep.

so either way im fucked. Laughing

/ridzi

yeaa... i'm screwed too. dah la unproductive by procrastinating, but when i did capture my chart-topping tune, humming into this pda gizmo, the crap that came out when i re-listen... sounded ... well.. er... crap.
aB
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zubira wrote:
silbi wrote:

U r absolutely right Silbi...that's what i've done few years back..over 30 songs done that way by just using the usual tape recorder ..out of which, 10 hv been recorded in the studio so far...

idea tu kalu dibiarkan, mmg sure lupa punye...

wah... impressive impressive indeed. cuba cuba juga.. unfortunately either my recorded ideas sounded crap (must be tone deaf... bunyi macam heavy breathing je..) ... atau the 'vibe' dah hilang ...
aB
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: 15 minutes is all you have Reply with quote

zubira wrote:

..don't worry dude..the time will come when u gonna hv more than 15 minutes...i got mine after my kid was 10yrs old..abit late but i hv been enjoying it now..6 years already..hehe never too late la for music...

Lucky you!!! (un)fortunately my 2 elder boys are 11 & 9.. (also one reason i opted for direct recording... microphone & mic-stand selalu hilang sebab depa dok guna to mime & imitate David Coverdale's Still-of-the-Night rock posture) and youngest 10 bulan.

but i can see hope in the horizon... baru dapat super-maid yang boleh handle 2 boys & a baby. yup!.. never to late for that music! (infact this long Wesak weekend they are ALL off to their grandparents and i'm left home ALONE... Twisted Evil
fReqZz
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 minutes is all you have Reply with quote

[quote="aB
Lucky you!!! (un)fortunately my 2 elder boys are 11 & 9.. (also one reason i opted for direct recording... microphone & mic-stand selalu hilang sebab depa dok guna to mime & imitate David Coverdale's Still-of-the-Night rock posture) and youngest 10 bulan.

[/quote]

like father like son...

rock uuu.. Twisted Evil
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 minutes is all you have Reply with quote

aB wrote:
zubira wrote:

..don't worry dude..the time will come when u gonna hv more than 15 minutes...i got mine after my kid was 10yrs old..abit late but i hv been enjoying it now..6 years already..hehe never too late la for music...

but i can see hope in the horizon... baru dapat super-maid yang boleh handle 2 boys & a baby. yup!.. never to late for that music! (infact this long Wesak weekend they are ALL off to their grandparents and i'm left home ALONE... Twisted Evil

mak aii...imitate DC ?!! hahaha hebat sunggoh anak2 hang..bakal tu..
tapi mcmanapon i suffered dulu la ..wife jenis tak appreciate sangat music..didn't hv maid to take care of the kids...but maybe because i've been suppressing myself too long kot..skali meletus..terus kuar idea beramai2..haaahaaha...
so weekend ni ko boleh blasah puas2 la ..hahha..kasi picahhh aaa... Laughing

Jump to: