back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

EDIROL MDP-1 for musicians - featured in Winter Olympics « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: EDIROL MDP-1 for musicians - featured in Winter Olympics Reply with quote

Well, I thought I’ve thrown in this bit of information before, but I guess I did not. Anyway, click here to see a press release that I did long time back (while in Roland) and the product was soon featured in the JUICE Magazine.

Motion dive.tokyo package is a product of collaboration between Edirol (DTMP brand of the Roland Family) and Digitalstage. It is an audio visual product designed for the visual artists and performing musicians.

But here is a juicier bit of information:

Grant Davis (a.k.a. VJ Culture) uses EDIROL’s motion dive .tokyo to wow the masses at the Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy.

I’ve used this equipment before and if I am not mistaken, VJ Culture was one of the selected top Visual artists to input their patches into the motion dive.tokyo package.

Another almost similar audio visual product in terms of purpose functionality is the CG-8. Click here to see past forum posting.
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops guys - sorry.

Actually, I did a post a while back whith a reply from tutukbrother.

http://www.i-bands.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1733

And, yeap, we actually have our very own Malaysian Visual Artist - altered image (Terence C, Didjital and Callen). If you guys are familiar with the clubbing scene, Terence C and Didjital are among the famed Zouk Club resident DJs. However, they've used motion dive before but not the console.

Jump to: