back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Where to get CDs printed/replicated? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Raggy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Where to get CDs printed/replicated? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm still on my mad marathon project, trying to get my album out.....now looks like I need to work out where to get the CD's made (assuming my material will be ready by December).....can anyone tolong provide contact info on companies that do CD replication services in Malaysia?

Is there anything that affects the quality of the CD produced, i.e. how to make sure they make a proper CD ???

thanks for any tips,

Raggy
www.raggyproject.com
ganz
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raggy, I think I have one or two but willl need to dig it out from my mass database. Will email you once I found them. All the best!
Raggy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganz wrote:
Raggy, I think I have one or two but willl need to dig it out from my mass database. Will email you once I found them. All the best!

Thanks, ganz. By the way,the TLAudio Fat Funker is REALLY GOOD. I'm running practically everything thru it when recording, and it has a very non-coloring compression. It is a pro product.

Now that I am working and experimenting so much doing the recordings, I'm learning a lot. (especially since I'm doing everything by myself.

One thing that I have begun to realize is that compression is vital, BUT it should NOT be allowed to color a track's sound, unless the coloring is vital to the sound desired......in which case only that single track should be allowed to have a colored-compressor sound. But overall, one has to avoid coloring the sound with compression because one you allow tracks to be so colored, then the overall mix will have a very lousy lifeless "feel", and you will begin to notice that when the compression release stage occurs, there is noise being added to the sound (which you may not notice on one single track).

I'm still learning, though.........
Mixboy2105
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's loads of places where you can get CDs duplicated. How many do you wish to have printed cos its usually a minimum of 1000 units
Studio 21:05
http://www.myspace.com/studio2105
46A, Lorong Rahim Kajai 14,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur.
MALAYSIA
T: +6016-364 8510
O: +603-7710 2105
E: studio2105@yahoo.com
BBM 213A6E77
Raggy
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedi wrote:
There's loads of places where you can get CDs duplicated. How many do you wish to have printed cos its usually a minimum of 1000 units

I'm prepared to get 1000 CDs. Is there a difference between quality from different places? Also does the labelling/cover/packaging differ much? I've heard some will print the covers in 5 colors, others in 3 colors, others in full color, wtf does this really mean?

Raggy
ganz
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent a contact into your mailbox. Please check it out.

TLA is no kid products, they are a serious Tube manufacture in the world which still very passionate about the quality. Recent we have a demo session for TLA 5060 with Joemeek, Focusrite and Universal Audio. TLA has stand up alone with Universal Audio LA610. The compressor is as you said, natural sounding , we also tried to blast the overdrive, it was fun, perhaps you can try it when you are doing some signal processing. It gain me lot of confident as it LA610 is almost twice the price for 5060

Twisted Evil

Yup yup yup, agree with you, not trying to over compress everything. It will kill off the dynamic! All the best to your project!

Jump to: