back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

ME-50 Price - Anyone knows? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
spacebar
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: ME-50 Price - Anyone knows? Reply with quote

Hi, wondering what is the current retail price for ME-50. anyone have any idea? thanks...
i-rol
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: ME-50 Reply with quote

Dude, i'd saw D ME-50 at DO RE MI yesterday...
Maybe you can call them to check it out...
mrmerell
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time i ask bentley rm1200 ...

this month i heard ada promotion'

anyway ... try to hold abit .. wait for 2nd hand gt8 . Sometimes people sell it for rm1.2k oso.

i sold my gt8 oso for 1050 ... because i dont like it .. hhehehe .. prefer stompbox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
afiqme
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmerell wrote:
Last time i ask bentley rm1200 ...

this month i heard ada promotion'

anyway ... try to hold abit .. wait for 2nd hand gt8 . Sometimes people sell it for rm1.2k oso.

i sold my gt8 oso for 1050 ... because i dont like it .. hhehehe .. prefer stompbox

yerp.. aku pernah nampak ade mamat jual rm1250 ..

Private guitar lesson - Batu Caves/Gombak/KL/Shah Alam:
http://afiqmemusic.blogspot.com

My other blog: Click here!
homestar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmerell, why you don't like GT-8? is it not as good? heh.
mrmerell
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homestar wrote:
mrmerell, why you don't like GT-8? is it not as good? heh.

gt8 was good in term of versatility. U can get so many drive sound from it , from low gain to high gain. Also u can experiment so many things with it , such as real time phaser , flanger , tremolo controlling. Also u can alter the effects chain. Got wahs , reverbs and also : effects loop (i like it)
easy to say : all-in-one .
But , in term of sticking to one style of playing : miserable. I always fiddle the knobs.. never satisfy the tone i need. Maybe its because my crap amp or my crappy guitar of my playing is crap .. dunno ...
Boss has made gt8 very very good .. i admit it. But i'm feel better with stompboxes.
Please dont judge the gt8 by my opinion. Because "sound" is a subjective matter. Some people like it because it suits them.

Now i'm going back to my old style , the stompbox. And i feel "i can control it". But in term of price .. pheww ... i think i've spent over rm3k for it.

anyway , goodluck in your search. Pls refer to www.lelong.com.my, i saw someboy selling it for rm1250. just type "gt8"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
IZZI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh.. kita geng la mcm ni. i'm also a stompbox freak huhu..

so what pedal do u use for your main OD/Distortion?

all my stomboxes, i build them by my self.. that give me more satisfaction.
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

if you got plenty of time to play around with GT8, then you should get one for yourself... in fact, if you have any problem, questions, etc, mr ultraman_cosmo is here to guide you.. hehe.. he's the GT8 doctor of i-bands!
> mockspecial.com
Raggy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmerell wrote:

Now i'm going back to my old style , the stompbox. And i feel "i can control it". But in term of price .. pheww ... i think i've spent over rm3k for it.

Me too, back to stompboxes! I've had the line6 Ax2, PODxt stuff, nowgot rid of it all and.....

I bought the ME-50 some months ago, and it's perfect to use in front of an amp. Err, i really don't want to make anybody cry but......I bought a Marshall TSL100, and use a MesaBoogie V-Twin preamp "stompbox" in front of the amp, and since both of these are pure valves stuff.....(you can guess what the sound is like).

I kept the ME50 for when I go jam outside, or when I'm experimenting with songwriting to feed a simple guitar-ME50-soundcard signal.

Then one day I just fooled around plugging the ME-50 into the MesaBoogie-into-MarshallTSL . Sounded too fake. Lousy.

Then just before switching off I tried the ME50 into the Marshall direct, and set the Marshall for a slight-overdrive, rich sound (Middle/Treble/Bass all almost full)......the result was nothing short of ASTOUNDING!. The ME50 came out with a whole ton of beautiful sounds, no need to adjust anything just keep all effects in neutral mid-position and keep changing thru all the different overdrives, modulations, etc and every combination was just lovely...I think the BOSS fellows test their stompboxes using Marshalls too, at similar settings.

Overall, OK without the ME50, the sound from the pure-valves chain is very rich, with the ME50 there is a slight "processed" sound...but the ME50 allows a huge extra range of very useable tones and I think it's perfect for playing in a band. Just ME50 into amp (preferable Marshall) . It beats the Line6 PODxt and the other "modeller"s anytime.

Price? I think I paid RM1050/-

Raggy
IZZI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean this ? damn cooool wooo!

Raggy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one! Smile Smile Smile

It was really expensive, costs more that many guitar amps! But it has lasted many years and the sound is superb. Still in perfect condition and now a collector's item.

Raggy
mrmerell
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IZZI wrote:

so what pedal do u use for your main OD/Distortion?

currently i use the marshall's amp drive. no OD & dist. Because i sold my gt8 and bought a big amp. But i wishhhhhhhh a seymour duncan twin tube. Got 2 channels. my financial broke currently

To Raggy : u make everybody cry . uwaaaa :O. Not only the TSL , but the mesa also

and to space bar : me50 i think its a good start. i dont know if u are a starter , but if u new to gadjets , any multieffect such as Zoom , Korg , Me50 would be Ok for studying sound. After that if u planning to achieve a satisfying sound or analog that has a warm tone , then u should prepare a big budget.

ME50 is quite good because it acts like a stompbox. in term of sound i dont know .. never tried it. But as Raggy mentioned : combined with a Marshall is good.

I also heard somebody said , start with a good tube amp. Then any effect would be nice with it.
IZZI
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love marshall sound too.. what model do u use? how many watts?

p/s: i'm still counting my money for a marshall..sob sob..
mrmerell
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IZZI wrote:
i love marshall sound too.. what model do u use? how many watts?

p/s: i'm still counting my money for a marshall..sob sob..

Currently i newly use the "used" marshall g50rcd. 50watts. Same like the well known "kene kutuk" MG series. It seems the distortion channel i can set to level 2. Its very loud. But the gain is not very high. But if i compare with digital effects , i like the distortion of the amp. seems brighter.
anyway , i dont play riffs "jeng jeng jeng" ... i play "tiung tiung tiung". Thats why i'm very particular about each note i play.
Before this i use the Tech21 Comptortion. Its a distortion + compressor. So its sustains well.

So i use the Marshall's drive sound as a primary drive. In future i will add a ge7 to boost the drive. To me its quite good to have a "effects loop" in the amplifier it self.

For my future distortion, i think i want to buy a tonebone classic or seymour duncan twintube. Later is modulations and others. Hopefully i can get this b4 get married Very Happy

deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

wahh lawanye diagram.. mcm mana bikin?
> mockspecial.com

Jump to: