back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

i wanna set up a mini studio in my room away from home!! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dathugkillaz
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: i wanna set up a mini studio in my room away from home!! Reply with quote

hello guys, im living away from home and i wanna set a mini studio in my room! how am i to set a mini studio in my room wat are d needed equipments? i wanna do it in a budget of RM1500, can i do it, or i need more? I wana know more bout d proper mic, d pc requirements, do i need a mixer, etc? I dun need to use instruments as i produce beats or get em elsewhr from my producers and only use it to record my vocals. my room is 5m times 4m squares. Please help. ThankSss!!!!
okta
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

hey dathugkillaz!

you can record with the Pc. Just get some software Nuendo,cubase,...etc
Specs, u need to decide how much tracks you will be running and the amount of processing power(i.e effects) you will need.
you'll need a good Soundcard.
Get some decent stuff maybe from M-audio. Something with pre -amps will be good cause your mic need preamp(duh..Razz) Look at the Fastrack Pro
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro-main.html

or if u prefer the Firewire Solo http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWireSolo-main.html
there's more options out there of course(i'm not selling anything)

About the mic it's mainly preference. some artist even like using good old dynamic mics(i.e Shure SM58) and some like the damn expensive condenser(there's more in between and if you dunno wat's the difference between condenser and dynamic i think you can google for them. Sound is always subjective. A lot of home recordist and small studios using Behringers, SE Electronics or maybe you can try out My-MIC?you can find the dealers for those mic in this forum.I haven't test any of them. no comments on how they sound.
put a lot of your soft toys(or anything like that) in the room. help kill the reflection of the sound a bit.

Get a good pair of headphones then you'll be fine no matter wat room your in. But of course u won't get studio quality stuff. but what does it matter? there's so much lofi stuff out there now i'll probally make it cooler(maybe, maybe not Razz)
you can get a good pair of speakers with RM1500 but not sure it'll sound right in your room, headphones is a safe bet.Which to buy? bring you favourite cd and go out there to test.

hope this help a bit.

cheers.

Jump to: