back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 news for dr bode « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: news for dr bode Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

dr bode..
van halen's gonna tour this summer but with hagar la not roth Smile

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=3&u=/nm/20040327/en_nm/leisure_vanhalen_dc

rock kangkang! hiyearggh..
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

When I saw the title of the thread, I knew you are going to tell me this Very Happy

I guess, you already knew me too well by now Laughing

So, my response is...YEEEEAAAARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

THE SECOND INVASION OF ROCK KANGKANG IS HAPPENING NOW!!!!
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

hahahaha.....did u know bout this before i posted the news on the board?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

oh ya i've got some new pics up www.budak-us.com/gambar/foodfest
and dream theater one is at www.budak-us.com/gambar/dreampics ..

now a quick question isnt it the scorpions yg popularize that kangkang stance with the singer standing on the legs of the guitarist?
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

omarjamaludin wrote:
hahahaha.....did u know bout this before i posted the news on the board?

I knew it just 5 mins before seeing your post! One of my Mat Salleh friends in the states knew Im a VH freak...and was so excited at breaking the news to me!

About the Scorpions' signature stage stunt..it's not only the fact that they popularized it, I havent seen anyone but them doing it exclusively! Have you seen anybody else doing it so far?
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

i saw some bands did it ..but merely for mocking the scorpions..hehe..
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

It's been a long time by the way...I think the second half of this decade might represent the comeback of rock bands/musicians who really can play...maybe not exactly the 80's, but could be a combination of the current scene of rock but with shredding perhaps? But whatever it is, I smell the demise of 'poser rock'...

Anyway...these guys are back...it's been too fuckin' long...but I'm glad it's happened...

Let's all have a drink of teh ais to celebrate this joyous occasion...!
Back to top
axepert
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 22 Mar 2004

Bode, what happened to the singer from Extreme, Gary Cherone ? Did he record any albums with VH ?

Pity Extreme broke up too, another cool band with a great guitarist.

Omar, great pics of the Dream Theater gig ! So how did you enjoy the gig ? Are you a DT convert now ? Wink
Back to top
kudo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Location: sheffield, england

(just to menyibuk) cherone did one album with VH in 97. almost saw that line up live in b'ham in 98 too if it wasnt for an injury alex VH sustained in hamburg the week before..abis kensel!!!
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Well...Gary Cherone left Van Halen on amicable terms after singing on Van Halen III, in order to pursue his solo career. As a die hard VH fan, I have to admit that the material on the album that Gary performed is not up to VH's usual standards...and that was the only VH album that I didnt buy..
But I LOVE Extreme...but the Seattle scene was the 'in' thing when they were just about to get popular...Nuno Bettencourt...being a guitar hero and a great song writer, unfortunately was not seen as 'hip' and fashionable enough to survive the 90's...with people preferring to listen to grunge/alternative at that time...Extreme could have easily been 'the next big thing'...but....sadly, their existence was in an era where musicianship and virtuosity was frowned upon...
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

axepert : aku dah minat petrucci dan portnoy for quite some time but only recently i've started to listen to some DT's song...tapi vocal nye aku tak minat la....not edgy enough and too judas priest'y hehe...
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

omarjamaludin wrote:
i saw some bands did it ..but merely for mocking the scorpions..hehe..

Gua pon suka kangkang atas stage! hehehe... tapi kangkang aku tu belom cukup luas utk dikategori kan sebagai rock kangkang!!

_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Deadzid....ko kangkang memang natural la...memang you were born to kangkang...lagi satu aku jealous ko ada 'stage presence'.
...macam aku tak der....cuma hilang tenggelam!
Sebab tu aku kena main kuat...takut orang tak sedar aku tengah ada kat atas stage!
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tapi betula kan...bila kita mengangkang (hehehe lucah pulak bunyiknye) sambil main gitar...memang mashukk.....

aku pun selalu mengangkang bila main gitar ni..... sambil headbanging...guitar slung low...sampai nak kena lantai...fuhhhhh bestt!

/ridzi
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Lagi pun....bila headbanging...kalau kangkang luas luas badan stabil..susah nak jatuh....BETUL TAK?
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu