back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Paul Gilbert - get Out of my Yard « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aB
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Paul Gilbert - get Out of my Yard Reply with quote

a bit late... but just got this one and it toppled the number#1 in my CD changer... move over young guns, here comes paulo gilberto..
This one blew me away into orbit.....
silbi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...Paul. Is that his new album?

anyone seen DVD Guitar Wars tak? paul main Sacrified...perghh...and ada dia buat duet dgn Nuno...dia memang 100% better than Nuno siot...aku rasa ler...

btw - aku dah shake hand sama paul dulu...hehe...tapi tak terror pun aku lagi...hmmm
MiN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul Gilbert - get Out of my Yard Reply with quote

aB wrote:
a bit late... but just got this one and it toppled the number#1 in my CD changer... move over young guns, here comes paulo gilberto..
This one blew me away into orbit.....

Get out of my yard has been in my cd changer for a month now....

and Erotic Cakes of course....

trying to figure out the string skipping licks in the Get out of my yard song....tapi aku takde digital delay lak....
MiN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silbi wrote:

anyone seen DVD Guitar Wars tak? paul main Sacrified...perghh...and ada dia buat duet dgn Nuno...dia memang 100% better than Nuno siot...aku rasa ler...

btw - aku dah shake hand sama paul dulu...hehe...tapi tak terror pun aku lagi...hmmm

yeah.....guitar wars memang best....lagu viking kong tu aku rasa die pelahankan sikit so that nuno can play the harmony part.....of course kalau kata tentang techniques memang Paul Gilbert lebih better dari Nuno....tapi tu jer la....we cannot say whos better in music lak....btw both of them are great

aku rasa ko kena potong jari Paul Gilbert tu pastu sambung kat jari ko tentu ko makin bagus....kwkewkek
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Get out of my Yard' memang best!!! Also blasting in my car now.

Been a fan of Paul Gilbert since 1988...and I can never grow tired of him!

I'm I'm enjoying Mr. Big albums with Richie Kotzen too now( 2 studio and 1 live album). Man...that guy's got it both...technique and tons of FEEL.

I bet you know that Richie guested on Guthrie Govan's song 'Ner Ner' on Erotic Cakes...with his signature guitar style and his cool telecaster tone on one of the solos.
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silbi wrote:

Eh Silbi...mana nak dpt Guitar Wars DVD tu?
I think Paul and Nuno are both great guitarists in their own right. Perhaps on Viking Kong, the style of the song gives Paul more chance to show off his prowess than Nuno, while Nuno may excel better on different songs.
setanicx
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silbi wrote:

guitars wars memang best! Twisted Evil ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode

guitar wars tu I got from one of those dodgy record shops in Pertama Complex...but for something durian, they sell it pretty expensive - RM20++...tapi angkat je ler coz benda exotic...hehe.

But maybe it should be available in other areas too...but not in Hartamas or BB areas coz concerts depa tak jual dah...try survey ler.

i heard can get loads of concerts in JB for cheap...so maybe can get those JB boys to find it for you...susah betul nak cari concert kat KL la ni...

tapi kalau Dr nak copy...if rajin and my dvd writer works, i could try to burn it for you...
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silbi wrote:

tapi kalau Dr nak copy...if rajin and my dvd writer works, i could try to burn it for you...

That sounds like a plan Twisted Evil
One of my clinics has got a DVD writer...so while it's burning for about 5 mins...we can go grab a Teh ais! Very Happy
aB
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
silbi wrote:

Eh Silbi...mana nak dpt Guitar Wars DVD tu?
I think Paul and Nuno are both great guitarists in their own right. Perhaps on Viking Kong, the style of the song gives Paul more chance to show off his prowess than Nuno, while Nuno may excel better on different songs.

hehehee..... aku ada GuitarWars dvd tu ORIGEENAL dari AMERIKA!!.... and MrBig dvd feat Kotzen. Twisted Evil so... shall i pop in da clinic and we BURN some met'al ??? Twisted Evil

Kotzen's latest "Into The Black" album... CORRR!!! another soulful kotzen vocal stuff + brill solos of course.
Perdengarkan juga Kotzen "Ai Shensi" album.... goodstuff dude!!!
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aB wrote:

hehehee..... aku ada GuitarWars dvd tu ORIGEENAL dari AMERIKA!!.... and MrBig dvd feat Kotzen. Twisted Evil so... shall i pop in da clinic and we BURN some met'al ??? Twisted Evil

A meeting between these 2 disillusioned saddos named Bode and ab seems imminent Twisted Evil
Let's burn some metal Twisted Evil
sorcerer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aB wrote:

Kotzen's latest "Into The Black" album... CORRR!!! another soulful kotzen vocal stuff + brill solos of course.
Perdengarkan juga Kotzen "Ai Shensi" album.... goodstuff dude!!!

Bang.... bak 1 copy each bley?.. tq in advance...hehehe..!

Chek this out !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj34GqcGF1U
aB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO dont think el gilberto is technically superior than el nuno vice-versa. see el nuno zaman2 sebelum get-the-funk-out... perghghh!!!
certainly we dont want to get into that neverending debate who's-better-than-who etc ... many guitarist reached a certain level that comparison of that nature becomes irrelevant. contohnya siapa lebih terror berlakun kungfu: jackie chan atau bruce lee... Cool

bercakap pasal comparison, katalah kalau nak tau siapa laju... well kena la main the same scales&notes... baru la boleh apple-to-apple compare, itu pun banyak variables lain. contoh nya zaman2 Bode-aB 1988 pernah we played the same 8 notes to see who's faster. Mula mula aB menang dengan pickin+legato nya... happy siot!! Twisted Evil
THEN, in late 89' Bode found his staple tapping' style Rolling Eyes ... dah... macam KILAT, defying law of physics... aB pun basuh pinggan la. Evil or Very Mad
cool
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aku pun mau 1 copy.. Razz

Get out of my Yard mmg ass kickin betul,best best!!
MIN klo berjaya figure out string skipping tu syer2 laa kt cni..heheh.
fReqZz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saya pun mahu satu![\b]

get of my yard has been a play list month ago..

paul, being one of my fav guitarist of all time.. dr zaman racer x sampai zaman solo.. though i prefer him the most in mr big.. with his spontanious act bila live.. Laughing

Jump to: