back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Raggy's made it to MP3Unsigned.com Artist Of The Week!! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Raggy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Raggy's made it to MP3Unsigned.com Artist Of The Week!! Reply with quote

hahahhaha Bloody Hell!!

I've been putting up some of my upcoming album's songs on mp3unsigned.com, and initially thought it woudl be difficult to mix with all the musicians there cos almost everybody is from the USA/Europe, but they've been very open-minded about stuff, and I've just discovered to my great surprise that they've put me up as "Artist Of The WeeK", which is a great honor cos some of the featured artists there are real pros!

i-bands is, of course, still home, but once in a while it's good to check out what's happening elsewhere.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com

It would be good to see more Malaysians there, too, chance to mix and discuss with really nice and friendly/helpful musicians of all types.(they're quite strict, no abusive posts allowed to you don't get idiots Laughing

Raggy
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Raggy's made it to MP3Unsigned.com Artist Of The Week!! Reply with quote

Raggy wrote:
hahahhaha Bloody Hell!!

I've been putting up some of my upcoming album's songs on mp3unsigned.com, and initially thought it woudl be difficult to mix with all the musicians there cos almost everybody is from the USA/Europe, but they've been very open-minded about stuff, and I've just discovered to my great surprise that they've put me up as "Artist Of The WeeK", which is a great honor cos some of the featured artists there are real pros!

i-bands is, of course, still home, but once in a while it's good to check out what's happening elsewhere.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com

It would be good to see more Malaysians there, too, chance to mix and discuss with really nice and friendly/helpful musicians of all types.(they're quite strict, no abusive posts allowed to you don't get idiots Laughing

Raggy

Whoa man...Congrats!
That's good to hear man! Keep the flag flying Smile

I've just set up a profile on soundclick 4 weeks ago. Response has been great too. If you're on soundclick, please feel welcome to join up as friends. This invitation is open to anybody here Smile
http://members.soundclick.com/Bode

Would love to see more Malaysians hanging around soundclick Smile
I'll check out mp3unsigned as well....can you give the url of your page there bro?
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

respect !!!!!!

next time i balik kg to see my auntie in Kulim we should meet up for teh tarik! he he..
Raggy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Raggy's made it to MP3Unsigned.com Artist Of The Week!! Reply with quote

Bode wrote:

Whoa man...Congrats!

I've just set up a profile on soundclick 4 weeks ago. Response has been great too. If you're on soundclick, please feel welcome to join up as friends. This invitation is open to anybody here Smile

I'll check out mp3unsigned as well....can you give the url of your page there bro?

Thanks, Bro!
I'll check out your soundclick page......you should check out mp3Unsigned, it's got a very nice community-feel, and the folks there go out of their way to help each other and best of all is that they take the trouble to listen and comment on each others' music.

I even managed to find people to work with me on my songs....a keyboardist from the USA and a drummer from Holland, and have been asked by many others to work with them on their coming albums....so for anyone willing to work on new music and explore new territory, this is a fantastic place.

my page there? hahaha I was being cheeky lah, if you go there this week you see my photo and link to mypage right from the Home page itself!

but OK lah, my page is at:

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/raggy.asp

I've got a bunch of songs there, and more coming up this week and next....with a bit of luck i should have all the (15!) songs for my album completed by mid-March. I would be very interested if you'd care to comment on some of my songs.

cheers!

Raggy[/url]
okta
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

RAGGY POWER!!!
GryMlock
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go Raggy go!!
Bode
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Raggy's made it to MP3Unsigned.com Artist Of The Week!! Reply with quote

Raggy wrote:
Bode wrote:

Whoa man...Congrats!

Thanks, Bro!
I'll check out your soundclick page......you should check out mp3Unsigned, it's got a very nice community-feel, and the folks there go out of their way to help each other and best of all is that they take the trouble to listen and comment on each others' music.

I even managed to find people to work with me on my songs....a keyboardist from the USA and a drummer from Holland, and have been asked by many others to work with them on their coming albums....so for anyone willing to work on new music and explore new territory, this is a fantastic place.

my page there? hahaha I was being cheeky lah, if you go there this week you see my photo and link to mypage right from the Home page itself!

but OK lah, my page is at:

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/raggy.asp

I've got a bunch of songs there, and more coming up this week and next....with a bit of luck i should have all the (15!) songs for my album completed by mid-March. I would be very interested if you'd care to comment on some of my songs.

cheers!

Raggy[/url]

Ha ha ha...now I know why you wanted us to go to the homepage! Better save the page bro...it's not easy to get homepage coverage you know! Proud to see a Malaysian gracing the main page Wink

I can understand what mp3unsigned.com is like. I do hang out in several 'overseas music communities' as well and while every community has their own unique 'microculture', the ones I hang out in tends to consist of supportive, mature, intelligent people whom are very open and excited about doing collabs and stuff.( In fact my first no.1 song in i-bands.net charts was achieved because of the streams and downloads from abroad rather than locally. )
I remember when I used to be in myspace, I was promoting as many local bands/artists to overseas listeners...(and maybe out of the 50 or so local bands, only about 5 thanked me for it...lol! So much for Malaysian hospitality...)But anyway, my intention was not to have these bands thank me of feel like they owe me something...not at all... my intention was truthfully to spotlight these bands so that they get overseas exposure. If they reciprocate the act or merely thanked me, it's extra cool...but if they dont, I wasnt expecting it Smile But this kind of supporting is less rampant here in local music forums...and that happens to be our local music forum microculture.

Joining these different overseas communities is like travelling abroad and learning new things and cultures. But still...make no mistake...i-bands is still home to me (though I have to admit I spend more time in overseas communities).

The local listeners are different...they are more 'silent' when compared to overseas ones. I still post songs/videos in i-bands/jamtank...even though I may not get as many replies to the thread as I would get in an overseas forums, there are a lot of people who listen/watch my junk...(from the thread views and pm's I get). And I truly appreciate our own local 'silent supporters' as much as the outspoken overseas ones...because without both these groups of kind people, my music is nothing. So if you see a Raggy thread not having as many replies compared to an overseas forum, dont take heart, because there are local 'silent supporters' who love your music but prefer to keep that to themselves.

Give us a buzz when the whole album is complete. Let's have a party here! Wink
Raggy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Raggy's made it to MP3Unsigned.com Artist Of The Week!! Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
edited by Raggy for brevity

1. But this kind of supporting is less rampant here in local music forums...and that happens to be our local music forum microculture.

2. Joining these different overseas communities is like travelling abroad and learning new things and cultures.

3. The local listeners are different...they are more 'silent' when compared to overseas ones.......
........ So if you see a Raggy thread not having as many replies compared to an overseas forum, dont take heart, because there are local 'silent supporters' who love your music but prefer to keep that to themselves.

Give us a buzz when the whole album is complete. Let's have a party here! Wink

yah, Bode, agree with all that you've said. Our local culture is different,and we tend to be less open with our comments. I do enjoy mixing with local musicians, and am always trying to encourage those I meet, and I like to share what little knowledge I have with even beginners, but sometimes it is a bit disheartening cos over here everybody tends to give respect if you play a cover version.....local musicians will heap praise on someone who can play Hotel California...... but ignore you if you try to play your own song....not exactly the way to encourage local music, I would think.

Yes, a party is definitely needed when I finish this stupid album.....I have literally thrown 14 months of my life already into this project, no holiday no travel even to balik kampung see my mom except for a weekend every 3-4 months! work and business suffered cos I am not interested. health terrible cos no exercise. Social life=zero! Looking forward to finishing the album. Hopefully end-March all work is done then send to mixing/mastering studio. Then April or May can launch album Smile Probably only my mother will be willing to listen to it cos she's a bit deaf anyway, but who cares, at least I can say I gave full commitment to my music!

Cheers!

Raggy[/b]
Raggy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omarjamaludin wrote:
respect !!!!!!

next time i balik kg to see my auntie in Kulim we should meet up for teh tarik! he he..

itu lah, luuuuuuu....always talking about your auntie in Kulim but never come here......macam mana ni, bro????? Please look me up when you're here, I'll belanja u makan also! (offer open to al i-banders!)

Hey okta..... long time no talk, man, hows the podxt going?

Ajeep......macam mana kalau aku nak put up one or two of my songs on i-bands?

Raggy
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raggy, eh? U don't have an i-bands account yet?

PM me your
username
email
artist name

at the moment I have to manually create the account. too many spam bot signing up. the database is a mess.

Jump to: