back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 A good way to practice with your instruments « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
liquidjive
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: A good way to practice with your instruments Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Dec 2003

Hey guys,

what's your method?

i mean, i find it quite boring to practice only scales and all that? Rolling Eyes
if u really practice on scales and fingering, how do you do it? do u pratice all scales in one seating?

one good guy told me to turn up the hi-fi, and just improvise on whatever is on, as a variation to practice the scales and everything.
_________________
<b>[ Call The Paramedics ]</b>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Practice should be something that is personalised to the individual.
Identify your weakness.
Repeat that thingy until you nail it! Laughing
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A good way to practice with your instruments Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

liquidjive wrote:

one good guy told me to turn up the hi-fi, and just improvise on whatever is on, as a variation to practice the scales and everything.

Yep...this is integral too...even better to jam and just go wild...and record everything down and analyse later...
Back to top
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

Guitar Pro helps me alot...I can jam along midi orchestrations, and at the same time kalau tak tahu some part buleh refer tab dia...
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
liquidjive
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Dec 2003

go wild....i like that Laughing

doc, my weakness is apparently the theory. Sad

scales and fingerings. should i start with major and get down with it till i know all the fingerings on the board, perfected with 2-octave fingering? (err....m i making sense here?)
_________________

MetalSkeletor wrote:
Guitar Pro helps me alot...I can jam along midi orchestrations, and at the same time kalau tak tahu some part buleh refer tab dia...

yeah that's a way....but bro......gua jeles la. Laughing ...bass player tak banyak resources........any suggestion?
_________________
<b>[ Call The Paramedics ]</b>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Totally agree on that Guitar Pro part... Aku banyak tau dan belajar arpeggios, diminish, plus some other scales from Children Of Bodom punya guitar-pro tabs... really helps me a lot, boleh kasi slow tempo utk follow slow2, then bila dah advance sikit baru boleh laju kan tempo, ikut kemampuan.. macam doc advise dulu...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
liquidjive
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Dec 2003

hmmm...i think i should check out guitar pro....tengok.....
thanks guys......
_________________
<b>[ Call The Paramedics ]</b>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hmnnn jari kecik aku ni lemah skit so, with my seven string i am practising from the low B string like this

Code:

D¦----------------------------------------1--2--3--4
A¦--------------------------1--2--3--4------------
E¦--------------1--2--3--4------------------------
B¦--1--2--3--4-----------------------------------
[/code]
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

then you can alternate the fingers like this...

Code:
E¦----------------------------------------------------------
B¦----------------------------------------------------------
G¦--------------------------------------1--3--2--4----------
D¦--------------------------1--3--2--4----------------------
A¦--------------1--3--2--4----------------------------------
E¦--1--3--2--4----------------------------------------------

By the way Ridzi, dulu Yus Malmsteen pernah tunjuk kat aku practise style nih, perghh dia buat laju gile babi!! bunyi pon jadi sedap semacam je walau pon not ntah hape2 ntah! hahaha...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yeah...sebenarnya aku nak jadikan jari2 aku ni laju atas fretboard dulu....aku ade structure bila aku practice..

gini..

aku selalu prektis lebih kurang 3 jam sehari dari Isnin sampai Jumaat

aku bahagikan masa aku

30 minit warm up - Main belasah sesuka hati
30 minit buat exercise yang kat atas tu, (dengan Metronome)
30 minit exercise a specific scale (dgn Metronome),
30 minit buat exercise yang kat atas tu (reversed)
30 minit belajar the same scale yang kat atas tu (reversed)
30 minit practice 'mengapply' yang apa aku belajar pada lagu

macam tu la aku buat sekarang ni...because aku memang nak le jari aku macam lipan.... Im practicing like my ass is on FIRE Twisted Evil and I love it!!

Aku rasa a structured approach is a good way to practice...

Sabtu-Ahad selalunye aku concentrate on songwriting.

/ridzi
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

fuhh bagus ko nih cam real musician laa... very dedicated... balik sini kang dah bole jadi sessionist cam Bode la kan? orait...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
lizard
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Key Ell, Shah Alam

memang best.. terasa laju takleh control lak ikut tips ridzi ngan deadzid
_________________
"pa bikin?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
undefined
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Location: gelogor, penang, malaysia

Ridzi wrote:

30 minit warm up - Main belasah sesuka hati
30 minit buat exercise yang kat atas tu, (dengan Metronome)
30 minit exercise a specific scale (dgn Metronome),
30 minit buat exercise yang kat atas tu (reversed)
30 minit belajar the same scale yang kat atas tu (reversed)
30 minit practice 'mengapply' yang apa aku belajar pada lagu

bestnye.. so total 3 jam la satu hari kena praktis ye..bagus la. nanti aku nak try la..

tapi kalau aku, aku dengar 10 - 20 album yang aku minat dalam seminggu sampai kepala dah sebati ngan music tu, then aku apply dalam permainan gitar aku... so creativiti tu nanti akan datang sendiri...

yang cara aku la..

bye
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PREDICATE-NOT-DEFINED/78606712588
http://www.myspace.com/azwimusic
http://amp.channelv.com/azwimusic
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undefined wrote:
Ridzi wrote:

30 minit warm up - Main belasah sesuka hati
30 minit buat exercise yang kat atas tu, (dengan Metronome)
30 minit exercise a specific scale (dgn Metronome),
30 minit buat exercise yang kat atas tu (reversed)
30 minit belajar the same scale yang kat atas tu (reversed)
30 minit practice 'mengapply' yang apa aku belajar pada lagu

bestnye.. so total 3 jam la satu hari kena praktis ye..bagus la. nanti aku nak try la..

tapi kalau aku, aku dengar 10 - 20 album yang aku minat dalam seminggu sampai kepala dah sebati ngan music tu, then aku apply dalam permainan gitar aku... so creativiti tu nanti akan datang sendiri...

yang cara aku la..

bye

Aku kalau nak tulis lagu...tak boleh dengar CD orang lain....kalau tidak nanti mesti aku terikut2.....

/ridzi
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu