back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Help! what wah pedal to buy? « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
kunju
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Help! what wah pedal to buy? Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Mar 2007

hey guys i need some help. i want to get a wah pedal but im not sure which to get. The main pedal i am considering now is the Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Wah Wah Pedal, Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal and the Jimi Hendrix wah pedal. I want a pedal that can scream like hell for the Metallica solos and i would prefer a wah with a good sweep range. Can anyone help me out? Cheers guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

go for Crababy 535q for ultra versatile sound.. you'll get at least 4 different wah sound.

The ibanez WD also very cool!
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
kunju
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Mar 2007

thanks! ive read sum good reviews for the vox wah, have u tried that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

hhehe to achieve that hellish Metallica-like solo wah range, check out my demo song for Vox V-847...
listen / download it here:

Arrow Deadzid: The V-847
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
kunju
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Mar 2007

deadzid wrote:
hhehe to achieve that hellish Metallica-like solo wah range, check out my demo song for Vox V-847...
listen / download it here:

Arrow Deadzid: The V-847

i checked it out, nice solo mate! thanks. so vox wah's can wail too huh! but hows the clean sound? any good? i was leaning more towards the Ibanez WD7 cuz its cheaper and it has controls to tune the wah sound. on the other hand, im a vox fan too( i use the ADVT series amp) so im lost rite now! dunno which way to go
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
silbi
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 12 Oct 2005

i got an ibanez wd7 last month...very2 versatile pedal tapi bagak sikit ler...the best part it has both normal click wah function and optical ala2 steve vai's morley function (which i love)...and lotsa knobs for tweaking...i got this for a good price seken hend, so my take would be on this if u can get a good price....tak sure ler dia true bypass ke tak...

so la ni gua jarang sikit usik modded vintage jen wah aku tu semenjak ada wd7 ni...

anyways...i'm an amateur...so my review here probably doesnt count...hehe...

wait for other sifus to answers

tapi akui nak tahu...bila pakai wah wd7 ni...pickup lagi elok kat neck ke bridge...coz bila kat bridge...effect wah tu mcm kureng sikit although i love the bridge tone...sapa2 ada wd7 do advice...
Back to top
danger3s
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Location: Kuantan

Can't go wrong with weeping demon, neat features & sound + true bypass.
Harga memang mahal sikit, tapi hari tu Bentley ada buat clear out, die jual rm300 tak silap, membe aku dah sambar satu hehe.
_________________
As books are not written for professional writers,as paintings are not painted for professional painters, so music is not made for professional musicians.
Back to top
kunju
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 18 Mar 2007

thanks guys, so it looks like the Ibanez WD7 is the way to go. My parents goin to the US so im gonna ask them to buy for me Embarassed it should cost $100 (around RM350). are there any other goodies that we can get from the states but cant find here? i need a overdrive pedal and distortion pedal. i play mostly blues and hard rock! cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

kalau nak beli kat US, better beli barang yg not available locally.. eg: Vox Wah.. harga kat sana pon around US$100 gak... kalau Weeping Demon tu, kat Bentley ada jual...

kalau tak puas hati dgn Vox tu, jual je... kat mesia ni ramai yg dok mencari Vox Wah.. serious! so lepas jual, bleh la ko beli Weeping Demon tu... tapi aku suggest Vox Wah la...
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
danger3s
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Location: Kuantan

lol.. itu macam ilmu nak meniaga je tu. kalau la aku dapat gi US bapak best nye..
_________________
As books are not written for professional writers,as paintings are not painted for professional painters, so music is not made for professional musicians.
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

bukan setakat ilmu meniaga je tuh... Very Happy at the same time dpt experience pakai vox wah... so lepas ni kalau org tanya, "amacam Vox Wah?" at least ko dah boleh bagi pendapat ko based on experience (bukan setakat dengar dari mulut org lain)...

so it's a 2 in 1 deal! Laughing
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
manstim.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 14 Mar 2007

ari tu sy ada nampak daphon nya wah pedal Embarassed Embarassed hu hu hu cap ayam nya wah wah ok tak kalau pakai kat bass. maklum je la barang2 bass sy suma cap ayam je Embarassed Embarassed sedihnya
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBL9j6KwDMQ
Back to top
ultraman_cosmo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Mines resort city

manstim. wrote:
ari tu sy ada nampak daphon nya wah pedal Embarassed Embarassed hu hu hu cap ayam nya wah wah ok tak kalau pakai kat bass. maklum je la barang2 bass sy suma cap ayam je Embarassed Embarassed sedihnya

Aku biasa jumpa, orang pakai wah guitar utk bass. Tapi aku rasa lebih baik carik wah bass utk bass, sebab range sweep utk guitar n bass adalah berbeza. Accually, biasanya aku boleh tukarkan wah bass jadi wah guitar dan wah guitar jadi wah bass. So sebab tu aku boleh kata why kena carik bass wah utk bass.

Range sweep tak sama.
_________________
Maiden, loudness, ACDC, black sabath, deep purple, jimmi and vinnie moore

And Now all jazz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
homestar
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 08 Apr 2006

O_o

So, this is Weeping Demon... Tak boleh beli kat sini ar? No dealer or distributor? BTW, how does the other Ibanez effects sound? good? no good?
Back to top
Otaizam
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 26 Nov 2005

WeePing Demon ni aku ada ternampak ada jual second hand kat buysell&trade Tmn Melawati.

Sekrang dah tak de kat situ dah... ada orang dah beli la tu.... but sometimes kedai second hand ni pun berbaloi jugak.... aku suka ke kedai macam ni termasuk la cash converter AMpang point. Kalau nasib aku baik aku leh dapat barang second hand yang bagus tapi murah....
_________________
http://electricguitartips.net
I m Now with: Iba........... Arrghh!!! Now what I really need is my hand and brain. The rest is just another thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu