back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Guitar Legend Carlos Santana « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ganz
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Guitar Legend Carlos Santana Reply with quote

Hi guys, check out the link Amy Winehouse on sE2200a, this is a darn cheap and great mic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4L9-AvjsB6g

Do check it out the news of sE and Neve joing force as well!

http://www.seelectronics.com/newspages/news01_se_neve.html

Last edited by ganz on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ganz
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Guitar Legend Carlos Santana Reply with quote

sE and Laughing Tiger Studios “team up” to capture Guitar Legend Carlos Santana Performance
December 10th, 2007

Ari Rios owner of Laughing Tiger Studios, located in the San Francisco Bay area, reports on sessions with guitar legend Carlos Santana and the contribution sE microphones made to those sessions. Rios commented:

Working with an industry legend like Carlos and his team is challenging because of the depth of their experience and expectations but also tons of fun and an honor to boot.

The sound of our “A” room at Laughing Tiger and the various “Iso” chambers was a big part of what brought Carlos’ team to select Laughing Tiger. The high ceilings and canted wall angles of our “A” room couple with the instrument tone beautifully. The size of the room allows the sound to breathe and provides considerable flexibility in instrument and mic placement, while not being so huge that the room sound becomes unmanageable.

I regularly find that many of my clients choose sE microphones for a wide variety of applications even given the choice of other well-known and revered classic mic’s. This time they made a great impression on Carlos who is very particular about his tone and took Santana’s engineer Jim Reitzel and his guitar tech Ed Adair by surprise. Everyone was absolutely elated by the combination of room tone and mic tone. Here are their thoughts:

Ed Adair, Santana's guitar tech. of 18 years said, " I have never heard the lows and highs of Carlos' guitar tone captured so accurately as they were in Laughing Tiger's "A" room with the sE mics we used.

Jim Reitzel, Santana's engineer said,

"Of all the mics we used on Carlos' rig, 85% of the blend came from the sE R1 and a Z5600a up close with the sE3 stereo pair about 4 feet back in the room. These mics are without a doubt my favorite room mics. They have a full and natural sound that is equally applicable all the way from Carlos' blazing guitar rig to a Celtic harp.

Ari Rios owner of Laughing Tiger says:

"sE mics have once again taken a session by storm. Carlos' legendary tone was captured faithfully in the room and he was smiling from ear to ear. Thank you sE, YOU ROCK! Hats off to you.”

More information about Laughing Tiger Studios is available at www.laughingtiger.com

Jump to: