back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Sign the Petition! say no to cruelty against animals « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Sign the Petition! say no to cruelty against animals Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

for more info and pictures please visit

www.wharteva.blogspot.com

and do your part and sign
KRISS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiya bro,got pictures of animal cruelty ka in that blogspot?
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
i dont have the guts la to watch(i love cats)
but i support you guys all the way!
i sign here
HuntressM00n
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

lol.. i am no bro Shocked

well here is the direct link to the petition form and a brief overview on the incident.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition-sign.html

Overview
Quote:
In the 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

But this is not all .... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

KRISS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
adzakael
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hsus.org/contact_us/humane_society_international.html#Q_dog_artist
Quote:
Q. Is it true that a Central American artist used a starving dog in an art exhibit?

We are aware of this story and have asked our contacts in Central America for more information. According to local animal welfare organizations, the dog was in a state of starvation when he was captured from the street for display in the exhibit. We have also been informed that the dog spent one day in the exhibit and later escaped the gallery. We do not condone the actions of this so-called "artist," and condemn the use of live animals in exhibits such as this. An animal welfare organization in Honduras, where the next art show will be held, is keeping close watch on the case and assures us that the artist will not repeat his objectionable exhibit.

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art/news/story/0,,2269320,00.html
Quote:
Vargas tethered the animal without food and water under the words 'Eres Lo Que Lees' - 'You Are What You Read' - made out of dog biscuits while he played the Sandinista anthem backwards and set 175 pieces of crack cocaine alight in a massive incense burner.

eh?

http://guillermohabacucvargas.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Here is a part of his original [most recent] statement:"Hello everyone. My name is Guillermo Habacuc Vargas. I am 50 years old and an artist. Recently, I have been critisized for my work titled "Eres lo que lees", which features a dog named Nativity. The purpose of the work was not to cause any type of infliction on the poor, innocent creature, but rather to illustrate a point. In my home city of San Jose, Costa Rica, tens of thousands of stray dogs starve and die of illness each year in the streets and no one pays them a second thought.

Now, if you publicly display one of these starving creatures, such as the case with Nativity, it creates a backlash that brings out a big of hypocrisy in all of us. Nativity was a very sick creature and would have died in the streets anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Vargas

Quote:
Guillermo Vargas, also known as Habacuc, (born 1975) is an artist.

Quote:
It was reported in blogs, Internet forums and YouTube uploads[citation needed] that in 2007 Guillermo Vargas took a stray dog called Natividad from the streets of Managua, Nicaragua, and tied it to a short leash as an exhibit in an art gallery. It was initially said that the dog was left to die with food just beyond its leash's length as patrons passed by in the gallery. Photographs appeared on the Internet showing a thin, emaciated dog, tied to a line in a room full of standing people. There are no indications in the photos of where, when or who took them. He refused to say whether the dog survived the show but the director of the Códice Gallery said that the animal was fed regularly and was only tied up for three hours on one day before it escaped. A probe by the Humane Society revealed that the dog was in a state of starvation when it was captured and escaped after one day of captivity.

sape yg aku harus percaya ni?
Erna
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRISS wrote:
Crying or Very sad

+1 Sad
poundcake
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macam2 manusia punya perangai zaman sekarang..

Jump to: