back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

BEST GUITARIST OF 2004 POLL « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bode
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: BEST GUITARIST OF 2004 POLL Reply with quote

Aku ternampak thread ni kat Indiehangout.net forums. The fact that kita org dapat nomination pun aku tak sangka dan cukup goombira.
Tapi kalau sesapa nak join voting sekali amatlah dipersilakan! Memangler tak boleh menang sebab yg lain tu semua dasat dasat, tapi janji ada sorang vote pun jadilah...tak lah sedih sangat Confused

radiofreetunes wrote:

Guitarist Radio is running the first annual

Guitarist of the Year Listeners Poll

Every artist on the station is nominated.
Each one is very talented.

Give a listen to the station and vote for the most skilled, talented, original guitarist. Who would you want in your band?

Select your vote on the Guitarist Radio station page at
http://www.artistlaunch.com/guitaristradio

Or on the RadioFreeTunes.com homepage at
http://www.radiofreetunes.com

Artists are listed in alphabetical order by first name.

You can vote only once.

You can also leave messages
Voting will end January 10th.

The winner will be have his/her picture posted on the Guitarist Radio Station until 2006. And maybe a few post offices too Wink

Here are the nominees
4th Dimensional Beings
Acoustic Guitar Workshop
Alex Kriukov
Andre Ferreri
Bob Burnett
Bob Melanson
Bodes Noise Box
Brad Fresharra
Brian Goeltz
Christopher MacAlpine
Cliff Houck
Damien Project
Dan Cunningham
John Castellain
Derek Olivero
Dimitar Nalbantov
Doc Quinn
Don Alder
Ed Stallman
Eric Hamilton
Evan Paul
Gabriel Nacu
David Granati
Grand Jury_(Finland)
Guytare Bergeron
Hidden Symmetry
J.C. Mathews
Jasper Mills
John Floy
KC Connor
Lelio Padovani
Mabruk
MARK HEWER
Matt Gray
Matt Thorpe
Micah Burgess
Michael McClure
Miguel Mega
MIKE BURN
Mike Ofca
Mike Stout / Reb Beach
Mike Stout – Dan Stag
Pat Smith
Paul Christopher
Pepe Acevedo
Question 360
R Lee Phelps
Rob Blaikie
Rob Tognoni
Robinhood
Rodger Christmann
Scott Landers
Seismic Anamoly
Soulpower
Twangking
Waldon Reed Jr
Wrightdude

Let the voting begin !!!!!

Tima kacih diatas perhatian sedara sedari semua Smile
GryMlock
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahhh congrats doktah.

VOTED!

gonna run it through free proxies and pump in more votes

eh .. ok don't use this method on yourself here aite lol
Bode
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GryMlock wrote:
yeahhh congrats doktah.

VOTED!

gonna run it through free proxies and pump in more votes

eh .. ok don't use this method on yourself here aite lol

Thank you brothah!!! Very Happy
Lega! At least ada org vote kan aku juga! Ok...dapat banyak ni pun aku tersangat puas hati dah!. Very Happy
synthdude
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Smokin! Reply with quote

Just checked out some you stuff. Awesome, dude! Where's your album? I want 10 copies!

You got my vote.

Shred on!
synthdude
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Smokin! Reply with quote

Just checked out some your stuff. Awesome, dude! Where's your album? I want 10 copies!

You got my vote.

Shred on!

Smile
sskl
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u got my vote too Very Happy BOBE!
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Smokin! Reply with quote

synthdude wrote:
Just checked out some you stuff. Awesome, dude! Where's your album? I want 10 copies!

You got my vote.

Shred on!

Thanks RS! Told you in another thread that I've been a fan of your column in Audiophile...and thank God for i-bands, now I get to enjoy your great music man!

10 copies? Whoa! You alone have doubled my forecasted CD sales figures!!! Very Happy

Again, thanks dude! Keep more of your music coming!
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sskl wrote:
u got my vote too Very Happy BOBE!

Thanks sskl!!!Very Happy
I'm very touched!
Bode
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there's something not right with the voting system...one of the guitarists in the list got 8 votes yesterday, and suddenly today it's zero!??? Shocked

But anyway...this poll thing is all in the name of fun and not supposed to serious anyway! For instance, 3 amongst my personal favourite guitarists in the list, Bob Melanson, Question 360(featuring Carl Eichman) and Mike Burn whom I think are monster guitarists, surprisingly has only 1 vote so far... Shocked

Similarly, I have seen results that I don't agree in magazine polls in the past where Kirk Hammett won over John Petrucci Shocked ....and King Shah(Metalasia) won over Sham Kamikaze Shocked

But like I said...polls are just for fun and not to be taken seriously.
But if I win(which is impossible of course), I will take the results seriously!!! hwa hwa hwa...!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
synthdude
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: An honour to be part of something really smashing... Reply with quote

I wish I had chanced upon this site earlier. Feel really privileged to be part of a community that includes world-class musicians such as you.

As you've probably discerned from listening to my stuff, I'm a real Sloppy Joe. But I'm just too lazy (and too old) to work on my technique -- not that I ever had one -- so I channel most of my time and energy into developing ideas.

Anyway my real heroes are sublimely raggedy blues cats like Hound Dog Taylor and John Lee Hooker,

But I do admire people like you, though, for having the discipline to work on your craft and composition.

Love the incredible touch and tone you have (great command of light and shade) and am blown away by your fluid ability to schmooze one moment and really smoke and sizzle the next.

Your phrasing's really liquid, and as flawless as Allan Holdsworth, one of my guitar gods during my teenage years.

Looking forward to hearing the album.

RS

PS. I like the fact that i-bands.net doesn't discriminate like many other indie music Web sites. I believe everyone who makes music deserves a chance to be heard. As it is, humans already have a tough time dealing with Evolution, which mercilessly never fails to ensure that only the best survive!

Smile Razz
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: An honour to be part of something really smashing... Reply with quote

synthdude wrote:
I wish I had chanced upon this site earlier. Feel really privileged to be part of a community that includes world-class musicians such as you.

As you've probably discerned from listening to my stuff, I'm a real Sloppy Joe. But I'm just too lazy (and too old) to work on my technique -- not that I ever had one -- so I channel most of my time and energy into developing ideas.

Anyway my real heroes are sublimely raggedy blues cats like Hound Dog Taylor and John Lee Hooker,

But I do admire people like you, though, for having the discipline to work on your craft and composition.

Love the incredible touch and tone you have (great command of light and shade) and am blown away by your fluid ability to schmooze one moment and really smoke and sizzle the next.

Your phrasing's really liquid, and as flawless as Allan Holdsworth, one of my guitar gods during my teenage years.

Looking forward to hearing the album.

RS

PS. I like the fact that i-bands.net doesn't discriminate like many other indie music Web sites. I believe everyone who makes music deserves a chance to be heard. As it is, humans already have a tough time dealing with Evolution, which mercilessly never fails to ensure that only the best survive!

Smile Razz

Thanks for the kind words RS! I wish I can agree with all the niceties you said about me(esp the comparison to Holdsworth which I dont deserve at all), but I do appreciate it very much and dont take it for granted!
To be frank, deep down inside, I'm actually a blues based 80's rock guitarist/keyboardist who occasionally dabbles in other genres as well, as simple as that...and there are a lot of similarities between us. I am a sloppy joe myself and I'm more of a 'feel' kind of player...my playing in 'Senyuman Terakhir' is representative of what kind of player really deep down I am. Gary Moore is one of my main heroes..and he to me is one of the most well balanced guitarists around. I admit that I wished I had more time to improve myself in the technical aspects of guitar/keyboard playing, but my rigorous schedule as a doctor has prevented me from playing much, if any at all. But I am very passionate about music, and I believe one hour of passionate practicing is worth more than 8 hours of the same without the passion. Don't you agree? Smile
I have a lot of respect over the breadth of genres that you delve in...ranging from blues, rock, electronica, new age and world music. And I also envy the fact that as much as you write, record and perform 'western' music(forgive me for the crude classification of this somehow wide genre!), you do marry these effortlessly with the music reflective of your ethnicity, and that I think is very respectable. I hope one day I will be able to that! Smile
Anyway, I took a tour of all your musical output on i-bands and enjoyed it immensely! Keep uploading more great stuff man! Looking forward for more music from you!
pali
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a sloppy joe? c'mon bode, don't be too modest.. a sloppy joe doesn't play like you do.

you can call me a sloppy joe. main ikut hentam suka hati je... nak buat lagu baru pun takde idea lagi...
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pali wrote:
a sloppy joe? c'mon bode, don't be too modest.. a sloppy joe doesn't play like you do.

you can call me a sloppy joe. main ikut hentam suka hati je... ...

No...seriously...I do see myself as a sloppy joe...I'm not being modest at all(how can somebody who promotes his music so aggressively and shamelessly like me be modest? Laughing).
I'm not a modest person, but I know my weaknesses and do admit having them Smile

'main hentam ikut suka hati jer' is the story of my life! Very Happy
synthdude
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: You're being too modest bro... Reply with quote

Anyway, you're pretty well-known in the guitar community up here in Penang.

A doctor friend of mine in Parit Buntar (yes another guitar-mad doc!) whom I see occasionally also mentioned your name when I met up with him recently.

But bro, I'm dying to hear more of your stuff. You mentioned somewhere that you were trying to get some of your old pieces remastered or something.

If you need my help, please let me know.

Cheers.

Smile
pali
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:

No...seriously...I do see myself as a sloppy joe...I'm not being modest at all(how can somebody who promotes his music so aggressively and shamelessly like me be modest? Laughing).
I'm not a modest person, but I know my weaknesses and do admit having them Smile

'main hentam ikut suka hati jer' is the story of my life! Very Happy

well, modesty can be interpreted in many ways mr bode. i agree with you though that you shamelessly pop up through my computer screen and tell me to vote this and that to make it to the charts but then again, it's a deed i do anytime for a super-multitalented rock artist like you Very Happy Very Happy

Jump to: