back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Liyana Fizi Album Launch Showcase, 11 Sept « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
soundscape
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Liyana Fizi Album Launch Showcase, 11 Sept Reply with quote

Local indie singer-songwriter Liyana Fizi announces the showcase and launch of ‘Between The Lines’, her highly anticipated debut solo album.

The event will be held on 11 Sept at Bentley Music Auditorium, The Curve Mutiara Damansara.

Fans and friends are to enjoy songs from the album, including hit single "Light Writing"; and the latest single, "Jatuh", which has received high rotation on local airwaves since its 4 August release.

Other songs on the set include ‘Kaku’, ‘Blindfold’, ‘Teduh’, ‘Killing Me’, ‘’Decisions, Decisions’, ‘Last Notice’ and ‘Only One’.

“My hope is to bring music lovers together with this album. [When I was recording] I realised that I really wanted my listeners to find something that is close to their hearts. I hope that ‘Between the Lines’ will be something familiar and something they can relate to,” Liyana says of her album.

The showcase is supported by regular session musicians Izaad Amir (lead guitar & backing vocals), Firdaus Zulkeple “Pito” (bass), and Ruviyamin Ruslan (percussions), and guest musicians from the band 4Peniti from Bandung Indonesia.

4Peniti comprises Rudy Zulkarnaen (double bass), Ammy C Kurniawan (strings), and Ari Renaldi (drums). Adding flavor to the night is a special appearance by guest guitarist Syariful Adzwan Ani “Yob”, from local avant-garde rock band Sphere. Yob is Liyana’s former bandmate and fellow co-founder of Estrella, Liyana’s former band.

Fans and friends will also enjoy supporting opening acts synth-pop favorites Tenderfist and singer-songwriter Narmi (drummer from the local pop outfit One Buck Short).

Event Details:

Date: 11 Sept (Sunday)
Venue: Bentley Music Auditorium (The Curve, Mutiara Damansara)
Time: 8pm
Admission: RM 35 at the door (including a copy of the album)

Online booking:
Email to booking@soundscape-records.com

Visit http://www.soundscape-records.com/ for more details.

There’s also a dress code -- stripes! ###

Jump to: