back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 100 Greatest Guitar Solos (Guitar World) « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
synthdude
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: 100 Greatest Guitar Solos (Guitar World) Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

1.
song: Stairway to Heaven
guitarist: Jimmy Page
band: Led Zeppelin
album: Led Zeppelin IV
more: Stairway To Heaven tab & solo notes

2.
song: Eruption
guitarist: Eddie Van Halen
band: Van Halen
album: Van Halen
more: Eruption tab & solo notes

3.
song: Freebird
guitarist: Collins/Rossington
band: Lynyrd Skynyrd
album: Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd
more: Freebird tab & solo notes

4.
song: Comfortably Numb
guitarist: David Gilmour
band: Pink Floyd
album: The Wall
more: Comfortably Numb tab & solo notes

5.
song: All Along the Watchtower
guitarist: Jimi Hendrix
band: Jimi Hendrix Experience
album: Electric Ladyland
more: All Along The Watchtower tab

6.
song: November Rain
guitarist: Slash
band: Guns n' Roses
album: Use Your Illusion I
more: November Rain tab

7.
song: One
guitarist: Kirk Hammet
band: Metallica
album: And Justice for All
more: One tab

8.
song: Hotel California
guitarist: Don Felder/Joe Walsh
band: The Eagles
album: Hotel California
more: Hotel California tab

9.
song: Crazy Train
guitarist: Randy Rhoads
band: Ozzy Ozbourne
album: Blizzard of Ozz
more: Crazy Train tab

10.
song: Crossroads
guitarist: Eric Clapton
band: Cream
album: Wheels of Fire
more: Crossroads tab

... Arrow http://guitar.about.com/library/bl100greatest.htm
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

hey thanks.. now i know what is guitar solo all about..
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
pali
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Jul 2004

tapi kan crossroad lagu eric clapton tu kan bukan lagu robert johnson ke?
_________________
"life is what you make it"
Pali'sProject
TERUBOZU*on drums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Quote:
7.
song: One
guitarist: Kirk Hammet
band: Metallica
album: And Justice for All

One?? aku rasa ada banyak lagi solo menarik Kirk Hammet selain yg ada dlm lagu nih... eg: Fade to Black (ending), Sanitarium, Wherever I may Roam, Orion, ... hish banyak lagi lah!

Tapi Stairway To Heaven memang all time best solo la.. no doubt about it!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Bark at the Moon - Jake E. Lee(with Ozzy Osbourne)

Mr. Crowley - Randy Rhoads

Revelation Mother Earth - Randy Rhoads

Profession of Violence - UFO(I forgot who's the guitar player)

Still They Ride - Neal Schon (with Journey

I am a Viking - Yngwie Malmsteen

Girl Gone Bad - Eddie Van Halen

Jump - Eddie van Halen

Ladies Nite in Buffalo - Steve Vai(with David Lee Roth Band)

Big Trouble - Steve Vai(with David Lee Roth Band)

Song for Jeff - Steve Lukather

Narada - Gary Moore

Where Were You - Jeff Beck

All solos by Allan Holdsworth

Looking For Love - John Sykes(with Whitesnake)

Ice 9 - Joe Satriani

Bohemian Rhapsody - Brian May

Mood Elevator - Michael Landau(with Burning Water)

Don't Talk to Strangers - Vivian Campbell(with Dio)

I agree with all in synthdude's list...except for Kirk Hammet...it's just subjective la...that guy somehow can't move me... Smile

There might be more to come in this list...
Back to top
gapster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 15 Mar 2005

hehe..well the greatest solo is very subjective..

for me...80% of the solos ...kurt cobain,kirk hammet,comfortably numb..wtf?
i think it is bullsh*t for me lah ..

my list i would fill it with frank gambale's , Al di meola , rhapsody , mago de oz ,Angra ,zakk wylde ,joe stumps ... Smile
Back to top
synthdude
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Actually, the list is not mine! Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

It was compiled by the editors of Guitar World magazine. I was just quoting... Sorry for misleading.

My Top 10 Solos

1. Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix
2. Superstition - Beck, Bogert & Appice
3. Since I've Been Lovin' You - Led Zeppelin
4. Reelin' In The Years - Steely Dan
5. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed - Allman Brothers Band
6. Peg - Steely Dan
7. The Thrill Is Gone - BB King
8. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
9. 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson
10. Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan

PS. Only a mind full of bullshit will regard anything it can't comprehend as bullshit!
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Riviera Paradise - Stevie Ray Vaughn
Back to top
synthdude
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Absolutely doc! Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Dec 2004

It's the only SRV recording that I really like, basically because he sounds like he has finally stepped out of Hendrix's shadow to bare his own soul.

Smile
Back to top
pali
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Jul 2004

Bode dude, no Gary Moore in your list?

so wanna add it up.

Still got the blues - Gary Moore
_________________
"life is what you make it"
Pali'sProject
TERUBOZU*on drums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

pali wrote:
Bode dude, no Gary Moore in your list?

so wanna add it up.

Still got the blues - Gary Moore

Wey...ader laaa...Narada - Gary Moore? Very Happy Tak baca betul2 nih! Smile

I was inclined to put down 'all solos by Gary Moore', but held back fearing that my Gary Moore fanaticism would be too obvious! Very Happy
Back to top
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

1. Nadia - Jeff Beck
2. A Whispering Prayer - Steve Vai in G3 2003
3. Greens - Peter Frampton
4. Blues Passion - Neil Schon
5. Layla - Derek And Dominos
6. Hotel California(Original Version) - Eagle
7. Sultan Of Swing - Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits)
8. November Rain - Slash
9. Purple Rain - Andy Timmons, George Lynch, John Petrucci, Al Pitrelli and Micheal Lee Firkins
10. Joe Satriani - Sleep Walk
11. Beat It(Michael Jackson) - Van Halen
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com

Last edited by IZZI on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
pali
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Jul 2004

izuan, derek and dominos tu main lagu cover 'layla' eric clapton ke?
_________________
"life is what you make it"
Pali'sProject
TERUBOZU*on drums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
IZZI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia

itu nama group eric clapton dulu.. tahun 70an

pali kalau ko bubuh list ko mesti ada joe pass.. hehehhe
_________________
Gelanggang guitar : http://guitarden.starahead.com
Back to top
pali
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Jul 2004

aku tgh pikir lagi list aku. banyak sangat siot boleh pilih.
_________________
"life is what you make it"
Pali'sProject
TERUBOZU*on drums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Page 1 of 6

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu