back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Another one bites the dust ... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
axepert
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Another one bites the dust ... Reply with quote

Hi all !

I'm new here and thought I'd drop by and say hi. I was invited to this forum by guitarist shredordinare Bode and hope to meet fellow musicians to talk about music and everything else under the moon. Very Happy

Rawk,
PS
GryMlock
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to i-bands dude!
liquidjive
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilkomen ja!
Bode
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the jungle axepert!!!!! This forum is the cosiest hang out place on the internet for fellow musicians regardless of age/race/genre/geographical location Very Happy

...teh tarik 4 ok...

Very Happy
axepert
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys .. Very Happy
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes...pertaining to your quezzies in your email, all these years, I've never really spent a lot of time on the guitar, though I wished I had that opportunity. In my younger days as a medical student, 2 hours is the most that I could get in a day, and that is not everyday...now...I only touch the guitar when I get called to sessions...outside the studio, there's absolutely no time at all.
But, the most important thing is PASSION...see, there is this guy whom I know who spent probably 10 times more time on the guitar but he still didn't get to be really good...and I tell you what...that's because there's no passion for the guitar...he practiced not due to the pure LOVE for the instrument and the beauty of the art...he practiced hard for the WRONG reasons...that is to get chicks...well...he got all the chicks of course...but the ultimate nirvana in guitar playing didn't happen to him..like I said because there's no real passion for the instrument...he practiced for the wrong reason man...
See...my point is...if 3 hours in a week is all you have...but with real passion...you will make it....but with 11 hours a day for the wrong reasons, then the nirvana will always be elusive...

I will stop here...i know I talk to much Very Happy
undefined
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axepert wrote:
Thanks guys .. Very Happy

welcome to i-bands forum dude... Wink
axepert
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
Oh yes...pertaining to your quezzies in your email, all these years, I've never really spent a lot of time on the guitar, though I wished I had that opportunity. In my younger days as a medical student, 2 hours is the most that I could get in a day, and that is not everyday...now...I only touch the guitar when I get called to sessions...outside the studio, there's absolutely no time at all.
But, the most important thing is PASSION...see, there is this guy whom I know who spent probably 10 times more time on the guitar but he still didn't get to be really good...and I tell you what...that's because there's no passion for the guitar...he practiced not due to the pure LOVE for the instrument and the beauty of the art...he practiced hard for the WRONG reasons...that is to get chicks...well...he got all the chicks of course...but the ultimate nirvana in guitar playing didn't happen to him..like I said because there's no real passion for the instrument...he practiced for the wrong reason man...
See...my point is...if 3 hours in a week is all you have...but with real passion...you will make it....but with 11 hours a day for the wrong reasons, then the nirvana will always be elusive...

I will stop here...i know I talk to much Very Happy

Interesting post, you shouldn't have stopped .. Very Happy

So what keeps your passion burning ? What is it that motivates you to keep on carrying on ?

Oh, and I still think it takes more than good guitar skills to get chics .. hehe ..
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah passion is one thing.... To me the guitar is an outlet to release all that frustration and emotion... too many times my music (and others too) has 'spoken' to me. Can't really be explained....but it can almost be like a religious experience when it hits you. Total loss of control of your emotions.

BTW Welcome to i-bands axepert and dont forget to listen to my stuff here, just go to http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/ridzi

hehehe sempat lagi promote diri sendiri tu... Doc, I think we should patent our 'self-prostitution' methods here.....akakakaka....

/ridzi
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welkam...Axepert...the firsttime I saw that handle I thought it read sexpert though..hahahaha...
Bode
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridzi wrote:

BTW Welcome to i-bands axepert and dont forget to listen to my stuff here, just go to http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/ridzi

hehehe sempat lagi promote diri sendiri tu... Doc, I think we should patent our 'self-prostitution' methods here.....akakakaka....

/ridzi

Heh heh...yeah...quoting Freddie Mercury..."I'm just a musical prostitute"
Anyway Ridzi....I already gave the url to your music page to axepert in my email...aku dah jadi ibu ayam ko dari awal awal lagi...heh heh! Laughing

Oh yes...axepert, Grymlock and liquidjive are the Fathers of i-bands...without them, there wouldnt be this totally unique, cool and one of a kind website at all...
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akakakakaka....
axepert
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridzi wrote:

/ridzi

Yeah I've checked out your clips earlier actually. Great stuff ! I'll post my thoughts in the Song Review section shortly .. Very Happy
axepert
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalSkeletor wrote:
Welkam...Axepert...the firsttime I saw that handle I thought it read sexpert though..hahahaha...

Hahaha, I think we can start a new forum on that topic and get some input from 'veterans' like you guys .. Twisted Evil
axepert
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
Heh heh...yeah...quoting Freddie Mercury..."I'm just a musical prostitute"
Anyway Ridzi....I already gave the url to your music page to axepert in my email...aku dah jadi ibu ayam ko dari awal awal lagi...heh heh! Laughing

Hehe yeah man, I'm afraid Bode has beaten you to it Ridzi. He sent me a nice email with all his mp3 links much earlier .. Laughing

Bode wrote:

Oh yes...axepert, Grymlock and liquidjive are the Fathers of i-bands...without them, there wouldnt be this totally unique, cool and one of a kind website at all...

So how did this i-band concept start out actually ? Who's the founder and who's actually paying for all this ? I must say, this is a very cool concept for local artists and bands (except the fact that 8MB is a tad too small for each artists).

Last edited by axepert on Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Jump to: