back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ridzi's new song clips have been Uploaded!!! « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Ridzi's new song clips have been Uploaded!!! Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Orait!!!! I dah upload 2 clip baru untuk santapan pendengaran peminat2 (Cheeewahhh!!!) 2 Clip ni siap korang boley dengar sora aku yang macam katak tu akakakakaka...

'Hardcore Paranoia' dan 'Defeated'

Sorry sebab lambat upload, but here they are anyway Very Happy Sila bagi komen, kutuk atau apa apa sahajalah yang korang rasa patut...

ENJOY!!!

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/60/

/ridzi Twisted Evil
Back to top
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 03 Feb 2004

Fuckin' hell...that was some intense shit!!! Great job bro! Although that kinda Metal is not my cup of tea...but...I have to take my hat off to you...is that Suffer the Fall? Or Your solo output? Kindly elaborate on the recording process for the guitars and drums(tulis panjang2 pun takper...aku suka baca benda camni Smile...that demo sounds way much better than the one b4...

Actually bila makin lama dengar lagu cam ni....lagi minat pulak...tak kan mat rock tua/rock kangkang ni nak converted kot? Shocked
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Bode

Hey bro...thanks for the kind compliment...that is not Suffer the Fall (you can see why i decided to leave STF), thats all my solo output. Those clips we done last year. Just me, two different guitars, a bass guitar, POD, a linear EQ unit, a parametric EQ unit, my BBE Sonic Maximizer and PC.
I also have just uploaded another one called 'Pengganas Gila' (these are just random names that pop in my head Razz)

Jap ha...nanti aku elaborate dengan lebih panjang lagi....

/ridzi
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Heavy Fuckin' Shit! Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Now, that's what i call "Heavy Fuckin' Shit"! I dunno how you f**k yer brain to sqeeze out those intense riffs from hell, man. Well, here we go:

Hardcore Paranoia:
Soft melancholic, yet heavy tune to soothe yer listening pleasures. Kinda reminds me a bit to Soilwork in the early years with those vocal screams. Freakin' intense, man.

Defeated:
Quite long intro. Penat nak tunggu lagu masuk! Once listening to this shit, the band The Haunted cross my mind! Another great riffs with a lot of breaks that makes you wanna bang yer head against the stage like you never did before! Total reek of awesomeness!

Pengganas Gila:
Well, the title says it all... Should change the title to "Pengganas Gila Babi" i think. Dunno how to describe this one, just lovin' it! Lots of breaking riffs, Ridzi's trademark!

Keep up the good work, man! Jeles betul aku dengan idea2 mengganas kau tu. Aku baru nak belajar buat riff2 yg ada breaking ni. Last2 jadi break dance lak, cam sial!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Aku plak...baru baru je nak belajar scales...kah kah kah kioookkkk!! Embarassed

By the way ini gambar Rig aku sekarang nie. Yang takde dalam gambar ialah Marshall 1960A 4x12 cabinet aku ngan guitar 7 tali aku. Amplifier tu 120W so bila main live baru aku connectkan ke cabinet. Kalau aku buat camtu kat umah nanti orang marah nanti.

Korang boleh gak download lagu aku yang lain2 kat sini: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/muruga.vellu Aku kongsi broadband ngan member aku. pakai nama dia, tapi webspace aku pakai...Very Happy

Back to top
undefined
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Location: gelogor, penang, malaysia

just heard your songs. Totally great and superb riff there... is that you on vocals? hmm interesting.

pengganaz giler seem a duplication of mesunggah mood, sorry if i'm wrong. but overall it's okay.. plus your production is quality enough to make an album. maybe i can hire u for our coming release hehehe...

btw.. nice wig there. Wink
Back to top
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Ridzi's Shit Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

Ridzi:
I've already downloaded all 6 of yer songs from that site. The melodic part on track "Shitsong" kinda bring back the old memory of early 90's death metal era, sounding like Gorguts meets Obituary. It got melody in a darker way. Preety cool track, just add the vocals and it's ready to go!

"Flesh (master)" definitely shows yer creativity to blend those heavy shits with dark, melancholic tunes, the old Death Metal way. I still wonder how you did some of the riffs to sound like Soilwork! Jelesnye aku sbb sekarang ni aku tgh gila layan Soilwork!!!

Tak sabar rasenye nak bawak ko jumpa drummer aku. Cepat laa balik sini oi!

Everybody should not miss out to listen to these 2 tracks, highly recommended! Utk track yg lelain tu, hahaha malas aku nak komen! Amende ko merapu tu Ridzi? Anyway, tu pendapat aku je la, sori jika ada terkasar bahasa.

Natural Born Chaos;
- DEADZID -
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undefined wrote:
just heard your songs. Totally great and superb riff there... is that you on vocals? hmm interesting.

pengganaz giler seem a duplication of mesunggah mood, sorry if i'm wrong. but overall it's okay.. plus your production is quality enough to make an album. maybe i can hire u for our coming release hehehe...

btw.. nice wig there. Wink

Heh... You are right! i must admit...Meshuggah is my biggest influence

Flesh was done in collaboration with a friend of mine who is lead guitarist. we were just messing about. I did the rhythm work and the other stuff.

Shitsong hasn't got any bass guitar on that. That was merely just an idea needing development. Sabar Deadzid...our time will come eventually!

Yes thats me on vocals...
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undefined wrote:
just heard your songs. Totally great and superb riff there... is that you on vocals? hmm interesting.

pengganaz giler seem a duplication of mesunggah mood, sorry if i'm wrong. but overall it's okay.. plus your production is quality enough to make an album. maybe i can hire u for our coming release hehehe...

btw.. nice wig there. Wink

Insyallah kalau ade kelapangan...Aku kena beli mixer baru la and also some drum mics...hish kalau tidak camano nak record drums?? Semua drum tracks aku semua pakai MIDI programming.....leceh!

/ridzi
Back to top
erotomania
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 05 Feb 2004

hey ridzi!!

looks like you're to some metal mischief again! 3 songs!! Hats off to you man, the production is excellent0... say do you do your drum tracks on a keyboard? Is there a P2P version of DFH?
_________________
http://mindcontrolled.bravehost.com
http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/131/
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

P2P version of DFH??? Takde la sayang....sanggup ke nak download 1Gb??

Aku programe sebijik2 pakai mouse dalam drum editor (Cubase)

/ridzi
Back to top
axepert
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 22 Mar 2004

Hi Ridzi,

Impending and Come are great songs man. Any plans on putting some vocals on it ? I see that you've really put alot of effort into the atmospheric feel of both songs. Did you use keyboards or were those via Cubase as well ?

Ridzi wrote:
P2P version of DFH??? Takde la sayang....sanggup ke nak download 1Gb??

Aku programe sebijik2 pakai mouse dalam drum editor (Cubase)

/ridzi

Your drum sounds great. Were those default patches that came with Cubase ?
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No i dont plan to put vocals on them... i dont want to ruin the song...I dont think its the kinda song you would want to put vocals on.

I used Reason 2.5 in Cubase (through ReWire) for the strings sounds, I also used a softsynth called Absynth for the atmospheric sounds... Of course i always bastardize the original sounds with tweaks here and there to get exactly the sounds i want. The electronic bass sounds were from Reason too.. Both Reason and Absynth are controlled with my 88-key MIDI keyboard. The 'dancy synth melody' on Impending was programmed using the 'Matrix' sequencer in Reason.

The dancy breakbeats were don on the Dr Rex Loop player in Reason. (this Loop player is amazing designed to manipulate, process and play REX files -which are created in ReCycle) Reason comes with its own Loop library, but you can buy add-ons too

The electric guitars were my 6 string LP Epi with an EMG81 pickup, and a Schecter C-7 7string guitar with Seymour Duncan pickups. The 6 string is what gives that clinical metal sound because of the brightness of the EMG81 and the Schecter has a more organic tone...almost like a Strat. The pickups on the 7 just keep things nice on the low B string...its not too tight and not too loose either. Very Dynamic.

The bass guitar is a Cort 5-string bass that I borrowed...the signal was run through my POD...we used the Tube -Preamp setting with no cab-sim and a little compression was added to make it a bit punchier.

The Drumtracks were done in Cubase's MIDI Drum Editor, set to trigger My drum Sampler (Battery) which was loaded with the DFH drum samples.

The Spanish Nylon Guitar on 'Impending' was recorded after everything else was done. I actually ran the microphone cable to my bathroom (good acoustics in there) and set a large-diaphragm condenser mike (it was an AKG cant remember the model) in front of the guitar - just infront of the 12th fret pointed back to the sound hole. 15cm was the initial distance...but i think we adjusted it closer to get a brighter sound.

Thats how i did it...
Back to top
axepert
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 22 Mar 2004

Wow, thanks for the really awesome write-up man. You seem to have a complete professional home recording studio !

How did you get the samples for the DFH ? I've been wanting to get some wav samples myself. Any ideas ?

And how do you like your Schecter 7-string ? I've heard some good comments about it and how reasonably priced it is.
Back to top
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

DFH is a sample CD produced by the Meshuggah drummer Tomas Haake.
You can read about it here http://www.toontrack.com

I love my Schecter because...its a hardtail 7 String...it has better pickups than the Ibanez's, the aesthetics are nicer (blue flametop archtop finish) and Its not an Ibanez hehehe... nice to look at..nice to hold...and rips when you play it. and it weighs a ton...so playing it is like having a good workout!!

It was an ex demo guitar...i think they priced something like £750.00 brand new...but i got it for £250.00 at my local music shop in Oxford. It was love at first powerchord (not the usual root-fifth chord) the full out powerchord (root-fifth-octave-fifth) for example

Code:

E----------
B----------
G----------
D----7-----
A----5-----
E----5-----
B----3-----

Tapi sebab sakit tangan buat chord tu, aku drop tune tali low-B tu kepada A so the chord shape will be like this :-

Code:

E----------
B----------
G----------
D----7-----
A----5-----
E----5-----

/ridzi
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 1 of 4

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu