back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

dis kit lim got sum issues!! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bassmaster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: dis kit lim got sum issues!! Reply with quote

Quote:
"The biggest beef I have with Malaysian artistes is that they are f****n' UNORIGINAL. They are bunch of plagiarising f***tards. I used to wonder what the f*** is the deal with this d***head by the name of P. Ramlee that the whole nation holds him up in high reverence. He was S**t. But I have to give it to him- at least that f****r is ORIGINAL. He probably rose to fame at home during the times of Louise Armstrong, no one knew who the f**k was P. Ramlee (I thought he was a burger maker) but his s**t was as original as Armstrong's and is proven to be time lasting. If your s**t is good, it will last the test of time..."

Quote:
"And don't give me S**t about Butterfingers, first of all- their bandname is already taken by at least 6 other bands out of Malaysia, and Kurt Cobain died 10 years ago, no one gives a shit about him anymore, so would someone please tell that dumbf**k lead singer from Butterfingers to stop trying to sound like Cobain? The dude DIED 10 years ago! I'd be the first to write to Courtney Love and I am sure she'd be glad to f****n' charge them f****s royalty for ripping off her dead husband's voice. Talk about being Original. I used to like them when I was in high school, but as I replayed their songs- man, what the f**k was I thinking. I loved the Smashing Pumpkins since I was 14 and at 24, they still have a special place in my CD collection. With Butterfingers doomed to hell, one doesn't need to be a psychic to know what bands like Love Me Butch or 7 collared t shirt or One Buck Short are going. Their s**t just sound Awful."

kit lim mosh pit

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing me, my bud muttonhead & our gee-f's r still rollin on da floor laffin our heads off!! l

<b>Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

<i>bass zen musick page</b></i>

oh.. hee... hee.. hee.. our hero..

Arr_U_C
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cakap pasal originality ni.... takder sorang pun yg original... mesti ade dah org sebelumnya.... even great idols from the west such as jimi hendrix, black sabbath (to name a few)... even kita main gitar ni pun, bukan original.... kan chord , progession, scale... semua dah ade... kita cuma mainkan balik je..... so jgn kate la kita tak tiru sape2, kalo kita claim kita ni original, cipta instrument muzik sendiri la.... hmmm... evem music itself dah ade org dah start dulu...

ps/ originality datang dr yg maha esa.... dari sanalah asalnya... takkan kita nak lawan DIA kot...

Smile Smile
Bode
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful person...very 'American' features... Laughing Laughing Laughing

But still, it's his own blog space, so he has the right to say anything he wants there, even to the extent of exposing his shortsightedness...He is right when it comes to copycats in Malaysia (but of course, to generalise all musicians in Malaysia as copycats is uncalled for. Interestingly, the same copycats do exist in the states and UK as well).

Sadly, a lot of local Malaysians back here do subscribe to the mentality that everything local is bad, and any overseas crap is devine...

Well, if he thinks all the music here is awful, then, just create his own original music la...so that he can save our Malaysian music scene from mediocrity Laughing

Anyway...Alda Tan gave a good reply Smile

Last edited by Bode on Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
lizard
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kalau terrer lu come out with something original lar.. Smile
adzakael
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuhan je bole create benda original.
mamat tu idiot la.
just being rhetoric,ckp benda yg sama over and over.
bole die ckp Smashing Pumpkins,311,Radiohead,Tool ngan U2 tu original?aku gelak je la.

die cube nak jd pengkritik tp die tak buat homework betul2
end up die nampak mcm idiot je.
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa mamat ni? What makes him the authority of the Malaysian music scene?

And he even talks shit about P. Ramlee...

This guys should be shot....
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

i dont mind ppl shooting their mouth off about other bands really...not like we've each never done something like that. Thats his opinion. I have to grudgingly agree with some of the stuff said there ..EXCEPT..
have some respect for the dead man...he didnt like P Ramlee though he didnt specify why, so it would just seem like blatant slander...he could of atleast have a proper argument. I loved P Ramlee..ingrained in my childhood along with ice cream potong, layang2 and Toriton.
adzakael
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he don't like P.Ramlee because P.Ramlee followed Louis Armstrong,therefore he wass not original.
tp mcm yg kite tau,mana ade artis yg original?
Even cth2 yg dia claim original,Pink Floyd,U2,311,Smashing Pumpkins,Radiohead
satu pon tak original.
cume die pissed psl ade band mesia terang2 copycat yet claim as M'sian Original.
mamat tu knowledge mane luas.die ckp kalo org mesia berjaya mix all the traditional elements kire hebat.dan die mungkin tak tau Cromok dah buat,M Nasir dah buat,Amuk dah buat,Hanafi Imam dah buat,Pak Pandir dah buat...
Might be another bloody stupid ignorant.
mrbungle
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aku rase kalau album P RAMLEE tu boleh jual kat oversea dulu... jangan kate LOUIS AMSTRONG..SID VICIOUS PUN TAKBLEY CRK MAKAN!!...

from my oppinion.. nobody have thier own ORIGINALITY..semua ader influence masing masing...
lizard
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huiiyo.. panas panas.. patut bukak satu ruangan cam melodi.. beta semua orang.. hahahahaha..
undefined
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mamat tu cakap ada jugak yang betul.. tapi pada aku kita kena pikir both musically and economy kat industri muzik malaysia ni... setahu aku faktanye album copycat ni yang laku... pastu kita sendiri tau yang record company kat malaysia ni yang ada kuasa untuk set kan muzik camne yang akan laku ... pasal diorang yang kipas2 radio2 suruh pasang lagu2 tu... abis camne pendengar2 nak dengar muzik berkualiti? ntah la.. just my opinion...
energon_drive
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowow...tengok la komen komen yr dia kena..wahahaha...siap kena bambu.. Very Happy

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/1856/
GryMlock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la kesiannya mamat ni. kenapa dia tu? band dia gagal tak dapat men gig kat mesia ke? gagal bercinta ke? ish ish. tak tau ke kat sana ada banyak cover bands yg gila babi langsung takda lagu sendiri. at least we don't see that here. Very Happy
madhatter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalSkeletor wrote:

This guys should be shot....

Agreed! If u cant respect his works, please respect him sebagai orang yg telah tiada. Jgn main sedap mulut ja!

'No reason to get excited,' the thief he kindly spoke.
totziens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this guy just lost his marbles or lost his girlfriend or even boyfriend....sound like a teenager who has nothing else better to do than shooting people all around like those terrorists.

He got some points but the valid ones are 1% or so only. He doesn't know what the people in the Malaysian scene has been doing...he's just trying to be hero that people call "idiot".

I am over 30 year old. I am not a musician. I am not a deejay. But I support the scene...am I a big moron??? Kiss my ass!!!

Criticising is one thing...showing disrespectful of dead people is another thing. He deserves a big slap.

I saw a rather racism remark by one of his "opponents" about Chinese. As a racism hater, I would like to tell all of you why non-Malay and even some Malays tend leave the country...it has nothing to do with race. Non-Malays usually leave the country because we don't have the equal opportunity to enter the local universities - there is a quota system in Malaysia. I don't like the quota system myself because I was victimised too. However, I understand the reason for this quota - we don't want another Indonesia, do we? Some may decide to remain in overseas after that - after all they are the ones who sponsor their own education..the country is just a birth place for them. Some may think that "you don't want to provide us the basic human needs (education)....so I'll leave permanently". Some Malays may have left the country because they're too tightly controlled - not everyone likes to be born with a chain on their neck.

I hope what I am writing here won't lead me into ISA or offend anyone. I don't mean to offend anyone. This is the truth.

Jump to: