back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tracks from coming Gabardine album « View previous topic :: View next topic »
Author Message
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Tracks from coming Gabardine album Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Location: Land of the Head Hunters

Those 2 songs are the rerecorded versions of the previously posted songs. Happy listening. I dont think ive got the soudn properly balanced and im contemplating wether nak hantar mastering ke tak and let the proffesionals take over...sigh, duit, duit duit..anybody here with the proper equipment offering their services for mastering?

Last edited by Jeff on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
deadzid
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Location: Shah Alam

wah dah ada album??? Jeff dah jadi artist la ek? cayalah!
_________________
> facebook
> youtube
> my-mic
> mockspecial.com
Back to top
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Location: Tmn Melawati

perlukan gitarist? bassist? tamborinist? he he
_________________
my photoblog - http://sigemok.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
huzai
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angsakawan
Angsakawan

Joined: 18 Nov 2004

wow Jeff da ada album, congrat congrat.. da kuar di pasaran ke nih? Very Happy
_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/synsmusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Location: Land of the Head Hunters

ZID: ini semua record dalam 'jeffs Home Studio' a.k.a. stor rumah aku ..ahaha. Ini full version aku letak ni...sebelum aku post tu 'main-main' punye version je.

OJ: Aku tengah perlukan groupie...haha..tapi seriously, aku punye lead guitarist dah cakap nak keluar dah..nanti aku kene cari ah tu.

Huzai : Hujung2 September tu ade la tu siap kot..saje je konon bagi gempak tunjuk poster...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spasmenos
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Location: Downside to Perth

huyoooooooooooo jeff!! lawa la.. free ka ko kasi sia? wahah!
_________________
realising life is worth living, accepting acceptance..
Enormity Sense
Yours Truly
Spasmenos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
totziens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Location: Petaling Kurang Berjaya

Jeff wrote:
OJ: Aku tengah perlukan groupie...haha..tapi seriously, aku punye lead guitarist dah cakap nak keluar dah..nanti aku kene cari ah tu.

Jeff, aku boleh jadi groupie kau. Kalau ku pakai bikini, guarantee RIOT!!!

....semua orang muntah.... jerit-menjerit....yang nak cirit birit tu pun dah cirit birit....tolak-menolak lari keluar...yang nak pengsan punya dah pengsan......yang boleh lari pasti jatuh tangga.....kalau kau main gig kat Paul's Place....Very Happy
Back to top
self
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 19 Nov 2004

i like finding time... Smile

very nice and warm sound there... pls review my song TERPADAYA okay!

bye
Back to top
Scumgrief
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 02 Mar 2004

Good stuff, great song writing brotha, I wish I could write songs like that... the only thing for me is the drum sounds is a little weak, especially the snare, but maybe it is just me.

Forever has a Tool like vibe to it, to me atleast.... cool track...
_________________
Can you feel the groove?
Back to top
Erylasia
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Location: Kuala Terengganu

good Luck jeff,...
_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/erylasia
http://www.facebook.com/erylasia
http://www.myspace.com/erylasia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ben
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: land of de' la sagos

weh jeff.. cam tool la.
smart smart .. sa pun mo free ni ahaha
sa cari ko d kk. jaga ko!!!
waahahhaa

oii sa tulung pigang gitar tuk ko la ahaha
_________________
m i n i o k s

http://www.i-bands.net/audiovault/bands/1706/
http://www.i-bands.net/silversoil
http://www.i-bands.net/eyiex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jeff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Joined: 02 Oct 2004
Location: Land of the Head Hunters

thanks guys for the words of encouragment. Im still in the recording process for the other songs, and theres obviously going to be a lot of tweaking for those yang dah siap.

Quote:
Jeff, aku boleh jadi groupie kau. Kalau ku pakai bikini, guarantee RIOT!!!

Uncle Tot, im going to hold you to that! You are officially groupie no.1..haha. Saggy tits and all..

Quote:
Good stuff, great song writing brotha, I wish I could write songs like that... the only thing for me is the drum sounds is a little weak, especially the snare, but maybe it is just me.

Forever has a Tool like vibe to it, to me atleast.... cool track...

thanks Daniel..its Daniel rite? I tried to capture some of the aggresive essence from tools music, but i think the translation seem a bit too literal...Forever was one of the earlier songs written and i'd liek to think that ive moved away from that 'slight copping off' in my later tracks. As for the drums, samples were overlayed over the original playing, and the overheads messed with the attack of the snare sample too much, and i ended up almost muting them. I think just got tired in the end and convinced myslelf that "ahh ngam la tu". Now that ive taken a break from it, listening back to it makes me wonder what the hell was i thinking..hehe. Ill fix it soon im sure. Thanks for the compliments and critiques, very well appreciated.

Ill see what i can do with free copies Very Happy ... nanti sa cari ko Ben and Roy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Spasmenos
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Location: Downside to Perth

si jeff memang hebat bah.. lagu pun best.. sora pun best.. fuh cilaka.. jadi kami ni u dont wanna take us as ur groupie? saya banging sana stage la.. sapot... tapi pakai helmet.. haah...

cari ah jeff.. jan ndak.. sia sunat ko tuk kali kedua.. haha..

oi keep it up bro Smile
_________________
realising life is worth living, accepting acceptance..
Enormity Sense
Yours Truly
Spasmenos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
totziens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Location: Petaling Kurang Berjaya

Quote:

Uncle Tot, im going to hold you to that! You are officially groupie no.1..haha. Saggy tits and all..

Janganlah panggil saya "uncle"....I feel like a very old man Sad Next time I go shopping, I'll look for "tongkat" (not Tongkat Ali lah:) ) So that I can use that as a weapon whenever someone calls me "uncle", "tok" or "oi". Smile
Back to top
kalium
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined: 05 Oct 2005

Listened to Forever/Finding time

Excellent shit.

Found it Alt/Jazz/Experimental - Good Vox, interesting phrasing, I catch a little J. Mascis slacker laid back feel.

Musical composition and arrangement were good, kept my interest through the songs.

Cool swells and bells in Finding Time.

Forever: mixing levels need to be polished a little for the vox. Needs to come out more.

Finding Time: mixing was OK, vox didn't have to compete with instruments.

Good quality work. You certainly stand out.

And the artwork is frikkin' beautiful.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to:

You cannot vote in polls in this forum

DAJ Glass template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu