back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

For fans of Meshuggah/Soilwork ... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
axepert
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: For fans of Meshuggah/Soilwork ... Reply with quote

Came across this relatively unknown Finnish band called Diablo. They have 3 albums out, and all 3 are equally amazing metal albums which I think are worth checking out (altho they are super-hard to find).

For sample clips, checkout this website :
http://www.metal-asylum.org/diablo/mainos.html
The samples will load automatically.

Here's a link to one of their video :
http://mediasrv.mainloop.net/poko/diablo.mov

(Ridzi, deadzid, I think you guys will definitely enjoy these guys!)
Ridzi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool

now let me direct you to

www.scampsite.dk

Ini pun aku suka gak

/ridzi
deadzid
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

oit.. website diablo tu takde english version ke? i donno sepatah haram! dah download, esok baru nak dengar!...

SCAMP ni band mane? ada sample ke? website ganazs ...
> mockspecial.com
Ridzi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dia punya mp3 embedded dalam flash site...kan ada butang 1, 2 , 3 tu...tekan aje la....kalau pakai dialup tunggu samapi pagi besok la baru bole dengar!!!

Band dari Denmark

/ridzi
axepert
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa Ridzi, Scamp sounds very promising indeed. Absolutely love the production and the de-tuned guitars. How did you hear about these guys ?

Zid, sorry man, no English version of the site for Diablo. Check them out, extremely tight and melodic band from Finland.

Anyone into Killswitch Engage ? The new album is really smoking .. Twisted Evil
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

killswitch - cool band....

but i prefer shadowsfall lah, right now in US they're one the most promising metal bands....and you should check out god forbid too..bunch of black guys from jersey playing melodic metal..

but for mind blowing grind insanity listen to soilent green ..good ol southern lousiana grind ..nothing melodic here..hehe so might take a while to get to like em...
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axepert wrote:
Whoa Ridzi, Scamp sounds very promising indeed. Absolutely love the production and the de-tuned guitars. How did you hear about these guys ?

Zid, sorry man, no English version of the site for Diablo. Check them out, extremely tight and melodic band from Finland.

Anyone into Killswitch Engage ? The new album is really smoking .. Twisted Evil

member bagitau
axepert
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omarjamaludin wrote:
killswitch - cool band....

but i prefer shadowsfall lah, right now in US they're one the most promising metal bands....and you should check out god forbid too..bunch of black guys from jersey playing melodic metal..

but for mind blowing grind insanity listen to soilent green ..good ol southern lousiana grind ..nothing melodic here..hehe so might take a while to get to like em...

Yeah Shadows Fall is quite a cool band too, but i thought their drummer could be more imposing. Probably the album production didn't do him justice.

God Forbid is pretty amazing, combining all the different styles and adding some modern touch to it.

How bout Nevermore ? Anyone into them ?
Ridzi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Killswitch and Shadows Fall....hmnnn difficult... i like em both...but Shadows Fall takes the cake for me...banyak unsur2 oldschool...best..

Killswitch is more modern sounding...and they tune down to C ...
Tapi best gak... Today i have been listening to Alive And Still Breathing on the train...best best...

Killswitch ade album baru??? Aku tak tau pun.....

/ridzi
deadzid
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod Squad
Mod Squad

DIABLO is quite enjoyable to listen to! Really love em, the vocalist looks like Hetfield, with the hair style, the playing, the kangkang, etc... The music sounds like SENTENCED, but with a heavier chorus part! Are you sure the album is hard to get?

Shadows Fall? I've heard their album, but only a few tracks that interest me, the rest is just like the same old school death metal style... Never heard of Killswitch Engage yet, but i think it's a must for all metal fan, right?! Nak kena download nih!
> mockspecial.com
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

ol skool la bes...hehe..actually shadowsfall kira oklah cos they're not that old skool ..but not too modern sounding too..kira right in between la...

kalau nak mcm modern sounding / hardcore / math core / whatevecore band2 mcm candiria , dillinger escape plan mesti la kena dgr..

lamb of god aku tak dgr lagi..ada sapa2 dah dgr? hari tu lamb of god , shadowsfall dan killswitch tour for mtv headbanger's head tour...
Ridzi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omarjamaludin wrote:
ol skool la bes...hehe..actually shadowsfall kira oklah cos they're not that old skool ..but not too modern sounding too..kira right in between la...

kalau nak mcm modern sounding / hardcore / math core / whatevecore band2 mcm candiria , dillinger escape plan mesti la kena dgr..

lamb of god aku tak dgr lagi..ada sapa2 dah dgr? hari tu lamb of god , shadowsfall dan killswitch tour for mtv headbanger's head tour...

Lamb Of God pun best jugak!!!! Heavy nak mampus.... ada sapa2 sini dengar Mastodon??

I saw DEP lasyear twice..once at Oxford and then in Reading - thats the one when the vocalist decided to defecate on stage and said "well you are gonna be seeing some shit today so you guys might as well get used to it now" hahahaa...luckily the shit he threw landed somewhere else...(on someone else...

DEP are coming again to the UK this 5th of June to play Download Festival....haha...got my ticket olediiiiiiiiiiiii yahuuuuu.... DEP is fucking amazing...

/ridzi
omarjamaludin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin
Site Admin

oh ya i was watching headbanger's ball hari ni...then saw this one band which is pretty cool ..they're called mnemic and you guys should really listen to the song called liquid .. it's like meshuggah / fear factory kind of sound..

then i saw black dahlia murder with their song contagion ..that's pretty nice too....heard of them b4 but never really got around to listen to 'em..

itu sahaja la berita mutakhir metal hari ni..
Ridzi
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard of them before....they are a Scandinavian band i think....cant remember which one though.... but yeah Omar they are pretty cool.

www.nmemic.com
axepert
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaah, so many great bands mentioned. Some thoughts :

Lamb of God - Slayer who ? Twisted Evil These guys really know how to play classic thrash.

Killswitch Engage - New album is KILLER !! Tons of old skool thrash influences and crazy downpicking exercise. Top contender for album of 2004 for me .. Very Happy

Mastodon - Interesting band, almost like a rock n' death metal band.

Mnemic - They remind me of a modern, 'techno' version of Meshuggah. Tons of cool riffs and atmospheric style.

Black Dahlia Murder - These guys have 2 vocalists right, one clean and another growl ? I think one of them has left the band. Pretty cool death metal with some hardcore moments.

DEP - Crazy mathcore band, can't really get into their chaotic style. Great drummer and screamer though .. heard they are an excellent live band ..

Jump to: