back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

any synth to recommend for trance?? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kcleng82
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: any synth to recommend for trance?? Reply with quote

hi all... just poppin by to see if anyone could recommend me some cool synths for trance choons Smile

thanks

p/s: i'm looking for cheezy trance synths
synthdude
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Worth considering... Reply with quote

While awaiting advice from our moderator Lord of the Synth, who should know a lot about Roland products by now, I thought I'd offer a few suggestions:

<b>Alesis Micron</b> : Comes with more than 1,000 presets plus loads of programmable techno drum sounds (about RM1,700).

<b>Korg EMX-1 Production Station </b> : Great tool for those who like fooling around with pre-programmed patterns and sounds (about RM2,000).

<b>Yamaha DX200</b> : Out of production now, but this compact groovebox has terrific FM-modelled sounds plus loads of useable techno/ethnic percussion sounds (can be had for about RM1,000 second-hand).

Last edited by synthdude on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
kcleng82
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh.. those are cool stuffs, synthdude...
i think i missed out sumthin here, that is i'm more of a home-producer wannabe, and not making livin out of music production... hehe...
would just need some vsti for pc usage... sorry for the misunderstandin here Smile
synthdude
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Loads of free VSTis... Reply with quote

You can get tons of 'em free (we're talking about the legit ones, of course!) if you have the time to trawl the Web.

There're also some featured here: http://www.i-bands.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

Generally, though, we're not in a position to recommend softsynths available in Malaysia as most of them are pirated, and we're against anything that's not legit!
Lord of the Synth
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sorry guys for the late reply...was really bogged down work. Anyway, the best I can suggest is Roland SP-606, though it's kind of pricey (retailing at RM 3,300). Roland SP-606 is part of our range of groove product. Really cool stuff & really hands-on for you to quickly create exciting groove!

Overview: Lightweight, but packed with heavy grooves, offering 16 velocity pads, D-Beam and V-Link control, USB and CompactFlash (up to 512 MB) compatibility. Bundled with Cakewalk's software - phrase generator/virtual groovebox for ever lasting sample library an editing capabilities.

Other Features: 4-track sequencer, MIDI sequencing and BPM sync for audio phrase time stretching, S/PDIF I/O for high-quality recording and track making with digital equipments, Enhance effects (including isolator, Filter + Drive, Slicer, Reverb, Tap Echo and onboard mastering capabilities).

I know this sounds like a high-end equipment but it is something that delivers all and the groove patterns that comes together with this unit is really cool heavy stuff (produced by famous producers). Sound quality - as always is top of the class!

Cheers

Jump to: