back to main area

i-bands.net [READ ONLY MODE]
Articles  Articles   FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

GUITAR CAMP THIS WEEKEND - ANYONE FROM HERE GOING? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
silbi
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: GUITAR CAMP THIS WEEKEND - ANYONE FROM HERE GOING? Reply with quote

The camp's happening from Fri to Sunday morning till late in Akademi Seni Kebangsaan this weekend.

It's be 3-full day of finger torchering with the likes of Samad, Jamie Wilson and Julian Mokhtar. Can't wait. I'm going - probably the worst player there...tapi balun je lah. Sekali sekala humiliating diri sendiri tak salah kot...haha

Dr Bode, u shud make special appearance and play us some Scarified!

So who else from here will be there?
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GUITAR CAMP THIS WEEKEND - ANYONE FROM HERE GOING? Reply with quote

silbi wrote:
The camp's happening from Fri to Sunday morning till late in Akademi Seni Kebangsaan this weekend.

It's be 3-full day of finger torchering with the likes of Samad, Jamie Wilson and Julian Mokhtar. Can't wait. I'm going - probably the worst player there...tapi balun je lah. Sekali sekala humiliating diri sendiri tak salah kot...haha

Sounds cool! Cant go because I got a conference to attend over the weekend Sad
Anyway...if I were to go, I will just sit in the audience and not play a note! Smile
Kalau ada chance, kirim salam kat Samad dgn Jamie k?
silbi
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: GUITAR CAMP THIS WEEKEND - ANYONE FROM HERE GOING? Reply with quote

Bode wrote:
silbi wrote:

It'd be 3-full day of finger torchering with the likes of Samad, Jamie Wilson and Julian Mokhtar. Can't wait. I'm going - probably the worst player there...tapi balun je lah. Sekali sekala humiliating diri sendiri tak salah kot...haha

Sounds cool! Cant go because I got a conference to attend over the weekend Sad
Anyway...if I were to go, I will just sit in the audience and not play a note! Smile
Kalau ada chance, kirim salam kat Samad dgn Jamie k?

Too bad. I'm actually a bit takut to go also coz i'm sure there'll be shredders everywhere there. Furthermore, i cant even read music tabs properly and baca notes lagi haram le...but bantai jelah. THey say, if u wanna be good, mix around with the best there is...

and the best thing is i'm not sure where the place is. I think dekat2 lake garden to kot...

Yup...will try to kirim salam to them doc, if i cud meet them personally.

I kinda know Jamie's father in law (Pak Hussein) coz Pak Hussein used to work here until a few months ago, as an Audio Controller or something...he is one funny man! Luckily his sister in law is still here...one of our TV presenters. Groovy family they are!

so ada sesapa pergi tak?
Bode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: GUITAR CAMP THIS WEEKEND - ANYONE FROM HERE GOING? Reply with quote

silbi wrote:
Too bad. I'm actually a bit takut to go also coz i'm sure there'll be shredders everywhere there. Furthermore, i cant even read music tabs properly and baca notes lagi haram le...but bantai jelah.

Samalah dgn aku wey! Laughing
IZZI
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerr.. melepas aku! aku baru je sampai kampung setelah seminggu lebih merempat kat KL tu.. kalau aku baca thread ni awal sikit.. mesti aku nak pegi punya..

kat Penang pun ada jazz fest.. otai2 pun ramai..

maybe next time je la kalau ada rezeki..
ZiNK
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiseyh... spm aku blom habis lg... n kalau nk kene bawak gitar... gitar aku dh tanggal parts die utk tunggu parts baru... melepas la agaknye...

http://www.myspace.com/deadzinkc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raggy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izuanhafez wrote:

kat Penang pun ada jazz fest..

Only in Malaysia would they call this a jazz fest. Not meaning to be offensive, but why call it a jazzfest when all they have is a bunch of no-names and kids and failed singers? No wonder jazz has such a poor following in Malaysia, when such nonsense is showcased.
wui223
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GUITAR CAMP THIS WEEKEND - ANYONE FROM HERE GOING? Reply with quote

silbi wrote:

I am interested.How to participate? Need to pay?
silbi
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought ppl here knew about it already...gua ni bukan terrer, tu malu nak promo awal2.

will try to put the contact details tmrw...if they still have space for ppl there...heard space is limited. i got to know this pun by chance...terus register...

Actually it was even mentioned in last week's star audiofile.

or maybe u guys can just call ASK and ask for jabatan muzik or smthing to expedite...in case aku lambat update.

u guys shud see the itenary...it's basically all about guitars from 9pm-10pm for 3 freakin days!!! haha....

the downpoint is that maybe there'll be no women participants there kot coz berapa ramai ler awek layan benda2 camni...but we've got our curvy and sexy guitars rite as substitute! haha...
MiN
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow....nak dtg jugak tgk....boleh ler jamming sekali ngan samad.

tapi tiket pi Kl mahal la
chamber09
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takot aku..tido 3 malam pagi esok bukak hardcase tinggal acuan gita jerk
-EMG-
www.myspace.com/satanicsm
djemi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emm.. Sapa yang hadir camp maksudnya akan disuruh bermain soran-sorang ke? atau ramai-ramai?

silbi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamber09 wrote:
takot aku..tido 3 malam pagi esok bukak hardcase tinggal acuan gita jerk

haha...bukan tido camping dalam khemah ler...sume balik rumah ler...it's more of a 3 day wshop...
silbi
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: first day report! Reply with quote

a bit tired to type, but we had out first day camp today...quite cool i must say. gotta learn about line 6 latest products, gotta hang out with jamie wilson and samad, learn about proper guitar techniques with samad and i gotta jam with samad! he gave rythms and we did solos over the key of Em... i kinda sucked but hey...i'm still learning! Samad even played the whoil joget for us! Aint that cool or what?

and there were 2 girls there too in the rock session...for girls, theyre good!

also a few really young guys around the age of 14, 15 talking ambitiously about wanting to become Yngwie. I'd say - you go guys! They're really good for their age actually...maybe need a bit more fee and tone control, but they're really shredders-in-the-making. And bebudak ni kecik2 pakai gitar dalam hard case dah...gue dah tue still guitar sling back nylon je...hehe

wanted to stay till late but i had to leave a bit early coz had to got to Berjaya for Media Prima's 2006 presentation to out advertisers...all of the tv presenters were there from tv3, 8tv up to the radio station...between guitars and cute tv presenters, of course i go for the latter anytime!! haha...(still in cloud 9 after being surrounded by them, well, sort of..*perasan*)

so tmrw will be the 2nd day of the camp...hope it'd be fun!

final nite, i.e. sunday nite around 8pm there'd be the final concert! so i think u guys could come and see us humiliate ourselves...hahaha! i think boleh masuk kot. sapa tahu ASK kat mana drop by je lah...

bode - samad remembers you! try to drop by lah anytime...
zull
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aku dgr sham leftright buat persembahan sok
nie yg nak kena gi ask nie
tapi btol ke ????

Jump to: